FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   US Airways | Dividend Miles (Pre-Consolidation with American Airlines) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/us-airways-dividend-miles-pre-consolidation-american-airlines-612/)
-   -   Boeing Boy--Update (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/us-airways-dividend-miles-pre-consolidation-american-airlines/1603196-boeing-boy-update.html)

Art234 Aug 15, 2014 11:27 am

Boeing Boy--Update

Many of you know our dear friend Boeing Boy, who is a retired US Airways 737 captain. He has been a long time contributor to this and other boards over the years, and is well respected in the communities he's part of.

I am sad to report that Boeing Boy (Jim) was in a serious motorcycle accident a few weeks ago, and has sustained some serious and permanent injuries. He is still in the hospital, but called me yesterday to fill me in, and ask that I let his friends in the various fora know what has happened.

Jim expects to hear more today regarding the likelihood of further surgeries, and estimates he'll be in the hospital at least a couple of weeks longer. I am sure we all wish him well and send him positive energy for a quick and successful recovery.

Anyone wishing further information please feel free to PM me, I have posted as much as I am comfortable posting in a public forum here.

Thanks and regards,
Art

LMB01 Aug 15, 2014 11:38 am

Best wishes for his speedy recovery. I have always enjoyed his posts and was thankful for his knowledge.

AlphaTango Aug 15, 2014 12:10 pm

I echo LMB01's reply. I've missed his posts in the last few weeks.

FWAAA Aug 15, 2014 12:15 pm

I echo the others. I miss Jim's insightful posts and wish him the best.

corporate-wage-slave Aug 15, 2014 12:16 pm

I was very surprised to read this, and feel bad for our erstwhile Captain (as well call them over here). I truly hope he gets out of hospital as soon as possible, and indeed back online. Please let him know that our thoughts and prayers are with him, and that his virtual friends cover the planet. God speed.

krlcomm Aug 15, 2014 12:23 pm

Best wishes on a speedy recovery for Jim... sending good thoughts his way!

phlwookie Aug 15, 2014 12:57 pm

Best wishes to Jim for his recovery. This is very distressing to see. I was just thinking the other day that I hadn't seen anything from him on here in a little while.

kudzu Aug 15, 2014 1:36 pm

( ... and here I was thinking Jim was fishing contentedly in Alaska ...)

Sorry to hear about the accident. Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

Let's get together for another BBQ when you get well!

SS255 Aug 15, 2014 2:36 pm

Art, next time you speak to Jim, please tell him that he is sorely missed over on Flyertalk. It is times like this that make you realize that we truly are a community.

I have had the privilege of knowing Jim in person for several years now. For those of you who have not met him in person, let's hope that there are many more occasions in the future to clink bottles of Cheerwine with Jim.

gruss Aug 15, 2014 2:52 pm

Best wishes to Jim for a healthy recovery. I haven't interacted much with him but always enjoy reading his perspective on things.

lizs Aug 15, 2014 3:00 pm

Oh no, how sad. Hoping for a speedy recovery!

plon Aug 15, 2014 3:19 pm

Best Wishes for a speedy (544mph!) recovery! His insight is missed on FT!

JMN57 Aug 15, 2014 3:19 pm

Sending all the karma I can muster. Get well soon.

Air Rarotonga Aug 15, 2014 3:35 pm

Best wishes to Jim for his recovery!

Fanjet Aug 15, 2014 3:36 pm

Wishing him the best in his recovery. ^