Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > US Airways | Dividend Miles (Pre-Consolidation with American Airlines)
Reload this Page >

TSA PRE-Check & US preferreds (Update: Now with PreCheck noted on boarding passes)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TSA PRE-Check & US preferreds (Update: Now with PreCheck noted on boarding passes)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 4, 2014, 9:53 am

Programs: AA Plat, Marriott Plat, National EE, Wyndham Gold
I've noticed the same thing. However, when i send the boarding pass to passbook, precheck is listed again.
Old Apr 4, 2014, 9:56 am

Programs: US Airways Chairman, HHonors Diamond, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by miamigrad
As American Airlines and US Airways are still operating as distinct airlines, this question is being moved to the appropriate pre-merger airline forum.

Please note the sticky at the top of the consolidated thread which is titled Welcome to the New American Airlines Forum! PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING. With all of the changes about, it is important to know where to post, and reading that thread before posting (as the title suggests ) will help get you in the right place.

~Moderator
Sorry, didn't mean to offend.
Old Apr 4, 2014, 7:31 pm

Programs: Marriott LTG, HHonors Diamond, Nat'l Exec
I've seen this as well -- didn't receive PreCheck on the app, but reprinted my boarding pass at the airport on a hunch, and got it on the printed one. If I don't get it on the app, I always make sure to reprint.
Old Apr 4, 2014, 8:44 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Platinum+Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, AA EXP, Delta Plat, United Silver, AX Biz Cent
The US Airways app is ridiculously unreliable for me. Half the time, it won't even deliver an eboarding pass, and will require that I print one out (for example, for a flight tomorrow FLL-PHX-YVR. FLL and PHX both certainly accept eboarding passes).
Old Apr 5, 2014, 6:15 am

Programs: AA - Plat, HHonors - Diamond, IHG - Plat, Marriott - Gold, National - Exec, Amtrak - Select, NEXUS
Originally Posted by some dude
The US Airways app is ridiculously unreliable for me. Half the time, it won't even deliver an eboarding pass, and will require that I print one out (for example, for a flight tomorrow FLL-PHX-YVR. FLL and PHX both certainly accept eboarding passes).
This is why I check in online and use the "Send Boarding Pass to email" function. I'll then put the BP in Passbook, where the tiny little Precheck indicator shows over the barcode.

Getting a BP through the app has been a problem for me as well. If I have to check in through the app (especially the Android app) I print a BP at the airport.

I usually print out backups in case the phone goes screwy. I always print out one for TSA so I have it in my pocket during security, rather than on the phone in my bag out of my possession momentarily. (I've had to show my Precheck BP after ID check at a non-Precheck checkpoint to avoid the NoS/shoe carnival.)
Old Apr 8, 2014, 6:53 pm

Programs: US Chairman
Had PreCheck on boarding pass as well as my husband (same PNR) but have absolutely no idea why. I was a lowly silver and only had two flights last year. But my question is, when I next fly I will be 73 and will not have to remove shoes, etc. do I go through PreCheck or regular line?
Old Apr 9, 2014, 5:37 am

Programs: AA EXP, HHonors Diamond, Nexus
Originally Posted by lydia
Had PreCheck on boarding pass as well as my husband (same PNR) but have absolutely no idea why. I was a lowly silver and only had two flights last year. But my question is, when I next fly I will be 73 and will not have to remove shoes, etc. do I go through PreCheck or regular line?
If you get precheck on your BP, I'd suggest using precheck line. It typically moves faster than the normal line, uses the metal detector instead of the full body scanner, and still saves you having to remove laptop, liquids, etc from your bag. which you would need to do in the normal lane.
Old Apr 9, 2014, 12:57 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Silver, AA Plat, DL Silver, SW A-List, Emerald Club Exec
I too have had issues with PreCheck being listed on my BP. In fact, on the day of the integration (March 31st), I moved up to an earlier flight to CLT from CMH, went straight to the TSA Precheck line per usual, and then got called out by the TSA Agent who said I wasn't PreCheck eligible....I then looked at the BP and saw that TSA PreCheck didn't show up, and even double-checked my DM profile and my TT# was still listed...
Old Apr 9, 2014, 2:45 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, UA Gold, Hyatt Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by Pizzaman87
I too have had issues with PreCheck being listed on my BP. In fact, on the day of the integration (March 31st), I moved up to an earlier flight to CLT from CMH, went straight to the TSA Precheck line per usual, and then got called out by the TSA Agent who said I wasn't PreCheck eligible....I then looked at the BP and saw that TSA PreCheck didn't show up, and even double-checked my DM profile and my TT# was still listed...
Did an agent process the move up and print the new BP ? I noticed that printing on a kiosk or at home vs. an agent printed BP for the same flight has the result of the agent printed one not showing Pre.
Old Apr 9, 2014, 3:50 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Silver, AA Plat, DL Silver, SW A-List, Emerald Club Exec
Originally Posted by steve65341
Did an agent process the move up and print the new BP ? I noticed that printing on a kiosk or at home vs. an agent printed BP for the same flight has the result of the agent printed one not showing Pre.
The ticket counter agent printed the new BP for me; however, this had never been an issue in the past as the BPs for my moved up flights had always shown TSA PreCheck. I just assumed it was a possible glitch with the integration happening on the same day perhaps?
Old Apr 22, 2014, 8:14 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, HH Diamond, National Executive
Anyone know what time Pre Check closes in PHX T4? If you go through after it closes do you still get any of the benefits?
Old May 2, 2014, 9:25 am

Programs: SPG Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, JetBlue Mosaic, AA Platinum, National Executive Elite
So, just to clarify, I'm a US preferred that has gotten PreCheck 100% of the time when flying AA metal (although never when flying US). Although I always get PreCheck, you're saying AA didn't sign me up for the program (with a Known Traveler Number)? So there's no way to figure out my KTM and use it when flying other airlines?

Last edited by moulder3; May 2, 2014 at 9:37 am
Old May 2, 2014, 10:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Originally Posted by moulder3
So, just to clarify, I'm a US preferred that has gotten PreCheck 100% of the time when flying AA metal (although never when flying US). Although I always get PreCheck, you're saying AA didn't sign me up for the program (with a Known Traveler Number)? So there's no way to figure out my KTM and use it when flying other airlines?
Unless you signed up for a TT program, you do not have a KTN.
Old Jun 16, 2014, 5:09 am

Programs: AA ExPlat, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium
So I have pre-check through opt-in with us airways and with global entry. In the last six months I have had 100% success rate with having pre-check until now. I have only had it on one of my three flights as of recent. The first time I didn't have it it was a British Airways award ticket although my US Air Plat number was on the reservation and my known traveller number was stored on my US air profile. Flight operated by US.

Then I had another British Airways award ticket operated by US but precheck worked that time.

The most recent flight without precheck was a US ticket operated on US and after getting through security I went to the US Air Club and they confirmed my known traveller number was loaded and I had opted-in to precheck.

Has anyone else had similar experiences?
Old Jun 16, 2014, 5:15 am

I recently had the experience of being SSSS'd at the origin (international) airport and then having the 3 beep pre-check after clearing customs and going through security again for my connecting domestic flight.

I did notice that the foreign airline did not print the pre check on the boarding pass so when coming back I made a point to get the boarding pass reprinted after customs.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.