Go Back   FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Consolidated) > US Airways | Dividend Miles (Pre-Merger)
Sign in using an external account

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Apr 1, 12, 9:20 am   #1
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 124
Best exit row seat on A320 & A321

I'm 6'3" and have status so just curious as to the best exit row option. I'm traveling from PHL to SFO in a week. Right now I'm in 10F on both flights but there are some other exit row seats open.
VLtone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 1, 12, 10:07 am   #2
 
Join Date: May 2008
Programs: US-Silver
Posts: 485
I love 9DE on the A321. Tons of legroom. 10F is OK, but the flight attendant is sitting facing you.
Mykle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 1, 12, 10:27 am   #3
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: New Hampshire
Programs: US CP
Posts: 477
Quote:
Originally Posted by VLtone View Post
I'm 6'3" and have status so just curious as to the best exit row option. I'm traveling from PHL to SFO in a week. Right now I'm in 10F on both flights but there are some other exit row seats open.
I assume we are discussing a A321.

I'm not a big fan of 10F, you can't put your legs staright ahead because of the exit door. Also I hate being trapped on a long flight in a window seat.

9D is great lots of extra leg room. Also like 10C, also has lots of leg room.

In the back row 22 seat all have tons of leg room. However, you are next to the bathroom. In 22 I like the window seats, 22A and 22F. On the 22D - 22F side you still get under seat storage.

For the A320. I like 4C/D bulk head and 11C/D exit row.

Be careful on both planes, the first exit row seats do not have full recline
pbuntrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 1, 12, 10:35 am   #4
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Programs: US-CP, UA-PremSilver, DL-Silver, Marriott-Plat, SPG-Gold, Hilton-Gold, IC-Plat
Posts: 95
exit rows

I find that the 9D/E seats have a lot less padding than any other seat on the plane but I do agree the legroom is excellent.

sH
silverhalide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 1, 12, 10:46 am   #5
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Programs: US DM Gold, Hilton HHonors Gold, Emerald Club Executive
Posts: 49
Big fan of 22F. Only downside is that it takes forever to deplane.
clemsonfn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 1, 12, 11:01 am   #6
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: PHL
Programs: USAirways Chairman's Preferred, Hyatt GP Diamond
Posts: 1,778
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbuntrock View Post
I assume we are discussing a A321.

I'm not a big fan of 10F, you can't put your legs staright ahead because of the exit door. Also I hate being trapped on a long flight in a window seat.

9D is great lots of extra leg room. Also like 10C, also has lots of leg room.

In the back row 22 seat all have tons of leg room. However, you are next to the bathroom. In 22 I like the window seats, 22A and 22F. On the 22D - 22F side you still get under seat storage.

For the A320. I like 4C/D bulk head and 11C/D exit row.

Be careful on both planes, the first exit row seats do not have full recline
This is some of the most important info on this board. Should it really be in the hands of everyone? I am going to suggest to moderators that this go behind a pay firewall. In its stead, we can substitute a free forum on best economy seat in the 767.
Biggie Fries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 1, 12, 11:08 am   #7
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: PHL
Programs: US Gold
Posts: 4,853
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggie Fries View Post
This is some of the most important info on this board. Should it really be in the hands of everyone? I am going to suggest to moderators that this go behind a pay firewall. In its stead, we can substitute a free forum on best economy seat in the 767.
Opinions on the best exit row seats on various US metal have been regularly posted on this forum for years!
__________________
My incredible photo trip report in OZ/TG/LX F: The departure and the return.
tommyleo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 1, 12, 11:13 am   #8
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: PHL
Programs: US Gold
Posts: 4,853
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbuntrock View Post
I assume we are discussing a A321.

I'm not a big fan of 10F, you can't put your legs staright ahead because of the exit door. Also I hate being trapped on a long flight in a window seat.
I disagree. 10F on the A321 does not trap you because there is no one in front of you (aside from the FA only during take-off and landing). If you need to get up you can just walk forward and step in front of 9D-E without having those two passengers get up.

10A and 10F on the A321 give you tons of legroom AND a window, which I always prefer.

On the other hand, NEVER take 10D-E on the A321. Although they are officially "exit row" seats, there is NO extra legroom. Many passengers, thinking they were getting extra legroom, have made the mistake of booking 10D-E on the A321!
__________________
My incredible photo trip report in OZ/TG/LX F: The departure and the return.
tommyleo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 1, 12, 11:45 am   #9
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: PHL
Programs: US -Plat, UA-Silver, Marriott - Platinum,
Posts: 221
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbuntrock View Post
I assume we are discussing a A321.

I'm not a big fan of 10F, you can't put your legs staright ahead because of the exit door. Also I hate being trapped on a long flight in a window seat.
This shouldn't be the case on the 321 since Airbus has the exit slide stored below the floor and deploys from outside the aircraft. Similar seats on the 757 however, does infringe on your leg space. As others have notices it is also very easy to get our from this seat without disturbing anyone.
PA Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 1, 12, 11:52 am   #10
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Virginia
Posts: 1,316
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mykle:18313990
I love 9DE on the A321. Tons of legroom. 10F is OK, but the flight attendant is sitting facing you.
And that's bad because?
GalleyWench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 1, 12, 12:02 pm   #11
Ambassador: Hyatt Gold Passport
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: NC
Programs: Marriott LT Plat, Hyatt Diamond, HH Diamond, SPG Gold, USAir Platinum, National Ex Elite, Hertz Gold
Posts: 2,880
VLTONE, I feel for you - my husband is 6'5, so we are quite selective on seats, but actually which aircraft we choose. We have turned down very convenient flights because of the aircraft used, and I often sit in front of my husband - just to be sure no one is able to put their seat back!

My I suggest a website called seatguru.com? It will allow you to check every airplane, on every airline. It rates seats excellent to poor - and WHY. (including things like less padding, FA facing you, and close to the restroom.)

It is a very helpful site - especially for someone like you who truly needs to know which seats will work...

Good Luck -
sophiegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 1, 12, 12:08 pm   #12
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: AVL
Programs: US CP; SPG Plat; Cunard Plat
Posts: 4,078
Quote:
Originally Posted by GalleyWench View Post
And that's bad because?
< blush > Well, not every FA is as good-looking as you are

Personally, I just park myself in any row 9/10 (except middle) seat on the A321 and hope the upgrade gods smile on me ....
kudzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 1, 12, 7:40 pm   #13
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: CLT
Programs: Member FFOCUS/Choice Gold
Posts: 6,963
Quote:
Originally Posted by kudzu View Post
< blush > Well, not every FA is as good-looking as you are
And that's a BIG +1.
__________________
Opinions expressed here are my own & not that of my employer or any other organization.
coachrowsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 1, 12, 7:45 pm   #14
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 36
Note that 9D/E are narrower (1-2") than regular seats. I had a hunch this was the case but on my last flight I actually compared them with 10C and 10C was clearly roomier.
BaconTastesGood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 1, 12, 7:50 pm   #15
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Carolina
Posts: 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by clemsonfn View Post
Big fan of 22F. Only downside is that it takes forever to deplane.
+1. You can easily walk around your seat neighbors without saying a word, and if 22E is open, you'll have it made. (Well, aside from the fact you're still in coach.)

Row 11 on the 320 is pretty good, but remember that 11A/F lack armrests.
__________________
ATL-free since 8/30/09
timboy219 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Bookmarks


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 1:10 am.




SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.