FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   US Airways | Dividend Miles (Pre-Consolidation with American Airlines) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/us-airways-dividend-miles-pre-consolidation-american-airlines-612/)
-   -   Best exit row seat on A320 & A321 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/us-airways-dividend-miles-pre-consolidation-american-airlines/1331281-best-exit-row-seat-a320-a321.html)

VLtone Apr 1, 2012 9:20 am

Best exit row seat on A320 & A321

I'm 6'3" and have status so just curious as to the best exit row option. I'm traveling from PHL to SFO in a week. Right now I'm in 10F on both flights but there are some other exit row seats open.

Mykle Apr 1, 2012 10:07 am

I love 9DE on the A321. Tons of legroom. 10F is OK, but the flight attendant is sitting facing you.

pbuntrock Apr 1, 2012 10:27 am

Originally Posted by VLtone (Post 18313762)
I'm 6'3" and have status so just curious as to the best exit row option. I'm traveling from PHL to SFO in a week. Right now I'm in 10F on both flights but there are some other exit row seats open.

I assume we are discussing a A321.

I'm not a big fan of 10F, you can't put your legs staright ahead because of the exit door. Also I hate being trapped on a long flight in a window seat.

9D is great lots of extra leg room. Also like 10C, also has lots of leg room.

In the back row 22 seat all have tons of leg room. However, you are next to the bathroom. In 22 I like the window seats, 22A and 22F. On the 22D - 22F side you still get under seat storage.

For the A320. I like 4C/D bulk head and 11C/D exit row.

Be careful on both planes, the first exit row seats do not have full recline

silverhalide Apr 1, 2012 10:35 am

exit rows

I find that the 9D/E seats have a lot less padding than any other seat on the plane but I do agree the legroom is excellent.

sH

clemsonfn Apr 1, 2012 10:46 am

Big fan of 22F. Only downside is that it takes forever to deplane.

Biggie Fries Apr 1, 2012 11:01 am

Originally Posted by pbuntrock (Post 18314104)

I'm not a big fan of 10F, you can't put your legs staright ahead because of the exit door. Also I hate being trapped on a long flight in a window seat.

9D is great lots of extra leg room. Also like 10C, also has lots of leg room.

In the back row 22 seat all have tons of leg room. However, you are next to the bathroom. In 22 I like the window seats, 22A and 22F. On the 22D - 22F side you still get under seat storage.

For the A320. I like 4C/D bulk head and 11C/D exit row.

Be careful on both planes, the first exit row seats do not have full recline

This is some of the most important info on this board. Should it really be in the hands of everyone? I am going to suggest to moderators that this go behind a pay firewall. In its stead, we can substitute a free forum on best economy seat in the 767.

tommyleo Apr 1, 2012 11:08 am

Originally Posted by Biggie Fries (Post 18314291)
This is some of the most important info on this board. Should it really be in the hands of everyone? I am going to suggest to moderators that this go behind a pay firewall. In its stead, we can substitute a free forum on best economy seat in the 767.

Opinions on the best exit row seats on various US metal have been regularly posted on this forum for years! :D

tommyleo Apr 1, 2012 11:13 am

I disagree. 10F on the A321 does not trap you because there is no one in front of you (aside from the FA only during take-off and landing). If you need to get up you can just walk forward and step in front of 9D-E without having those two passengers get up.

10A and 10F on the A321 give you tons of legroom AND a window, which I always prefer.

On the other hand, NEVER take 10D-E on the A321. Although they are officially "exit row" seats, there is NO extra legroom. Many passengers, thinking they were getting extra legroom, have made the mistake of booking 10D-E on the A321!

PA Pilot Apr 1, 2012 11:45 am

This shouldn't be the case on the 321 since Airbus has the exit slide stored below the floor and deploys from outside the aircraft. Similar seats on the 757 however, does infringe on your leg space. As others have notices it is also very easy to get our from this seat without disturbing anyone.

GalleyWench Apr 1, 2012 11:52 am

Originally Posted by Mykle:18313990
I love 9DE on the A321. Tons of legroom. 10F is OK, but the flight attendant is sitting facing you.

And that's bad because? ;)

sophiegirl Apr 1, 2012 12:02 pm

VLTONE, I feel for you - my husband is 6'5, so we are quite selective on seats, but actually which aircraft we choose. We have turned down very convenient flights because of the aircraft used, and I often sit in front of my husband - just to be sure no one is able to put their seat back!

My I suggest a website called seatguru.com? It will allow you to check every airplane, on every airline. It rates seats excellent to poor - and WHY. (including things like less padding, FA facing you, and close to the restroom.:D)

It is a very helpful site - especially for someone like you who truly needs to know which seats will work...

Good Luck -

kudzu Apr 1, 2012 12:08 pm

Originally Posted by GalleyWench (Post 18314503)
And that's bad because? ;)

< blush > Well, not every FA is as good-looking as you are :p

Personally, I just park myself in any row 9/10 (except middle) seat on the A321 and hope the upgrade gods smile on me ....

coachrowsey Apr 1, 2012 7:40 pm

Originally Posted by kudzu (Post 18314594)
< blush > Well, not every FA is as good-looking as you are :p

And that's a BIG +1.

BaconTastesGood Apr 1, 2012 7:45 pm

Note that 9D/E are narrower (1-2") than regular seats. I had a hunch this was the case but on my last flight I actually compared them with 10C and 10C was clearly roomier.

timboy219 Apr 1, 2012 7:50 pm

Originally Posted by clemsonfn (Post 18314211)
Big fan of 22F. Only downside is that it takes forever to deplane.

+1. You can easily walk around your seat neighbors without saying a word, and if 22E is open, you'll have it made. (Well, aside from the fact you're still in coach.)

Row 11 on the 320 is pretty good, but remember that 11A/F lack armrests. :eek: