Search

Club promotion 2/14-17 (5,000pqm)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 14, 2012, 11:54 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Cubic Zirconia, Marriott Fools Gold
Club promotion 2/14-17 (5,000pqm)

Just got an email from US...

Enroll or renew for only $375! Plus, earn 5,000 Preferred-qualifying miles* It’s a great time to enroll or renew a US Airways Club membership. You'll enjoy all the great benefits at over 250 clubs and business lounges worldwide, plus earn 5,000 Preferred-qualifying miles. We'll even waive the $50 new member initiation fee. Plus, enjoy our brand-new club in Raleigh-Durham and look for new US Airways Clubs in New York LaGuardia and Washington Reagan later this year. Get a head start on next year's Preferred status and enjoy a world of more comfortable travel. Here's how: Enroll online, call 800-828-8522 or stop by any US Airw Be sure to provide your Dividend Miles number and prom CLB5K Enroll February 14 -17, 2012
Old Feb 14, 2012, 11:57 am

Programs: Alaska-MVP100k; AA-Plat; HH-Diamond; Hertz Pres
I got a similar email as well. Renewal rate of $325 and 5k PQM.
Looks like a good deal, no?
Old Feb 14, 2012, 12:03 pm

Programs: BA Gold, American Airlines, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by WASBLR
I got a similar email as well. Renewal rate of $325 and 5k PQM.
Looks like a good deal, no?
Same for me as a CP - $325 new + 5K PQMs.

Also, what is happening at DCA? Is US taking over another club or opening a new space?
Old Feb 14, 2012, 12:06 pm

Programs: Alaska-MVP100k; AA-Plat; HH-Diamond; Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by geo1005
Is US taking over another club or opening a new space?
New club in the middle pier. Not sure where exactly in there.
Old Feb 14, 2012, 12:25 pm

When using the card to access a United/Co club, are spouses and children traveling with you allowed access? How about *A lounges?

I'm thinking hard about not renewing my Amex Plat -- getting 5k PQM and access to United lounges too for a year would be a nice incentive.
Old Feb 14, 2012, 12:26 pm

Programs: AA EXP ; Cunard Plat
My Club membership expires April (bought last year during the $259 promo). I called, the lady said I could renew now for $325 + 5k PQMs ... I said OK, ... tap, tap, tap ...and the 5k miles are instantly in my DM account and marked as Preferred too ^

Thank you, US Airways!
Old Feb 14, 2012, 12:28 pm

Programs: US CP, DL GM, HH Dia, MR G
Just got off the phone with the Club folks. The old 90 day rule is still in effect - can't renew before you are 90 days or fewer from your expiration date. Drat.
Old Feb 14, 2012, 12:28 pm

Programs: SPG/Marriott Gold, National Emerald Executive
I recall the offer last fall was 3,500 PQMs, so this is a better deal. Of course, these PQMs will count toward 2012 (rather than 2011) preferred qualification.
Old Feb 14, 2012, 12:29 pm

Programs: US-G/*G, SPG-G, MR-G, Avis-F
Are the deals different (cost) for CP/PP/GP/SP?

As Gold, the offer that I received today was $375 with 5K PQM's, to renew.
Looks like CP is $325 with 5K PQM's.

Good deal either way, when you take into consideration the 5K PQM's I probably would have renewed (same cost) without them, anyway. Who doesn't love free PQM's????
Old Feb 14, 2012, 12:32 pm

Originally Posted by lkar
When using the card to access a United/Co club, are spouses and children traveling with you allowed access? How about *A lounges?

I'm thinking hard about not renewing my Amex Plat -- getting 5k PQM and access to United lounges too for a year would be a nice incentive.
Since AMEX doesn't work at the UA clubs, I dropped that last year. I use UA clubs almost as much as US. With the 5K PQM's - this is (IMHO) a much better value.

You get spouse/children at all the UA/CO clubs, in addition, of course, to the US clubs. Not sure about *A lounges.. I don't think you even get entry, unless you are *G and traveling international.
Old Feb 14, 2012, 12:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond, National Emerald Executive, TSA Disparager Gold
Originally Posted by FlyNhighAgain
Since AMEX doesn't work at the UA clubs, I dropped that last year. I use UA clubs almost as much as US. With the 5K PQM's - this is (IMHO) a much better value.

You get spouse/children at all the UA/CO clubs, in addition, of course, to the US clubs. Not sure about *A lounges.. I don't think you even get entry, unless you are *G and traveling international.
You get access to Star Alliance business lounges with a paid membership, and you get one guest. *G isn't required.

http://www.staralliance.com/en/benef...access-policy/

You may get into a better lounge with *G vs. a paid membership, however. You don't get access to contract lounges, such as in PRG as that's a contract lounge.

I got the offer for $375 +5k as a silver too. I already have a RCC/UC membership from a UA credit card, so this deal doesn't make much sense for me.
Old Feb 14, 2012, 12:37 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Cubic Zirconia, Marriott Fools Gold
Yeah I think my promo for $375 is bcuz I'm only a silver. For anyone that is on the fence about a club membership the waiving of the $50 initiation fee and 5,000 pqm's should be enough to tip the scale.
Old Feb 14, 2012, 12:40 pm

Paid lounge members can access any *A business lounge as long as you have a *A flight from that airport. You're allowed one guest. Contract lounges are excluded.

Edit: whoops, already answered. I need to type faster.
Old Feb 14, 2012, 12:47 pm

Good to know about the *A lounges...

Just renewed my April 5 expiration via phone. Spent more time on hold, than it took to renew once I was connected - very cool.

As stated above, the 5K PQM's were in my account before I hung up the phone

BTW... The agent told me that only CP's get $325... all the rest are $375.
Old Feb 14, 2012, 12:49 pm

Programs: A3 Gold, BA Bronze
Ugh, renewed effective 1/1/12 for a whopping 500 EQMs and I've flown once since then.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.