Go Back   FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Consolidated) > US Airways | Dividend Miles (Pre-Merger)
Sign in using an external account

Old Feb 14, 12, 11:54 am   #1

Programs: US SP, AA, AS, Hilton Silver
Club promotion 2/14-17 (5,000pqm)

Just got an email from US...

Enroll or renew for only $375! Plus, earn 5,000 Preferred-qualifying miles* It’s a great time to enroll or renew a US Airways Club membership. You'll enjoy all the great benefits at over 250 clubs and business lounges worldwide, plus earn 5,000 Preferred-qualifying miles. We'll even waive the $50 new member initiation fee. Plus, enjoy our brand-new club in Raleigh-Durham and look for new US Airways Clubs in New York LaGuardia and Washington Reagan later this year. Get a head start on next year's Preferred status and enjoy a world of more comfortable travel. Here's how: Enroll online, call 800-828-8522 or stop by any US Airw Be sure to provide your Dividend Miles number and prom CLB5K Enroll February 14 -17, 2012
skitch23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14, 12, 11:57 am   #2

Programs: US-CP; HH-Gold; Hertz Gold
I got a similar email as well. Renewal rate of $325 and 5k PQM.
Looks like a good deal, no?
WASBLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14, 12, 12:03 pm   #3

Programs: US Airways Chairman's Preferred, SPG Gold, Marriott Silver, Hilton Gold
Quote:
Originally Posted by WASBLR View Post
I got a similar email as well. Renewal rate of $325 and 5k PQM.
Looks like a good deal, no?
Same for me as a CP - $325 new + 5K PQMs.

Also, what is happening at DCA? Is US taking over another club or opening a new space?
geo1005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14, 12, 12:06 pm   #4

Programs: US-CP; HH-Gold; Hertz Gold
Quote:
Originally Posted by geo1005 View Post
Is US taking over another club or opening a new space?
New club in the middle pier. Not sure where exactly in there.
WASBLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14, 12, 12:25 pm   #5

Programs: US CP; AA LTG; HH Dia; SPG Plat; Marriott Gold
When using the card to access a United/Co club, are spouses and children traveling with you allowed access? How about *A lounges?

I'm thinking hard about not renewing my Amex Plat -- getting 5k PQM and access to United lounges too for a year would be a nice incentive.
lkar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14, 12, 12:26 pm   #6

Programs: US CP; SPG Plat; Cunard Plat
My Club membership expires April (bought last year during the $259 promo). I called, the lady said I could renew now for $325 + 5k PQMs ... I said OK, ... tap, tap, tap ...and the 5k miles are instantly in my DM account and marked as Preferred too

Thank you, US Airways!
kudzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14, 12, 12:28 pm   #7

Programs: US CP, DL GM, HH Dia, MR G
Just got off the phone with the Club folks. The old 90 day rule is still in effect - can't renew before you are 90 days or fewer from your expiration date. Drat.
airgator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14, 12, 12:28 pm   #8

Programs: US Dividend Miles, AAdvantage, National Emerald Club Executive, Hilton HHonors Gold
I recall the offer last fall was 3,500 PQMs, so this is a better deal. Of course, these PQMs will count toward 2012 (rather than 2011) preferred qualification.
grinch26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14, 12, 12:29 pm   #9

Programs: US-G/*G, SPG-G, MR-G, Avis-F
Are the deals different (cost) for CP/PP/GP/SP?

As Gold, the offer that I received today was $375 with 5K PQM's, to renew.
Looks like CP is $325 with 5K PQM's.

Good deal either way, when you take into consideration the 5K PQM's I probably would have renewed (same cost) without them, anyway. Who doesn't love free PQM's????
FlyNhighAgain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14, 12, 12:32 pm   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by lkar View Post
When using the card to access a United/Co club, are spouses and children traveling with you allowed access? How about *A lounges?

I'm thinking hard about not renewing my Amex Plat -- getting 5k PQM and access to United lounges too for a year would be a nice incentive.
Since AMEX doesn't work at the UA clubs, I dropped that last year. I use UA clubs almost as much as US. With the 5K PQM's - this is (IMHO) a much better value.

You get spouse/children at all the UA/CO clubs, in addition, of course, to the US clubs. Not sure about *A lounges.. I don't think you even get entry, unless you are *G and traveling international.
Old Feb 14, 12, 12:36 pm   #11
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: US Dougie's Preferred, UA Gate Louse, HH Diamond, National Emerald Club, TSA Disparager Gold
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyNhighAgain View Post
Since AMEX doesn't work at the UA clubs, I dropped that last year. I use UA clubs almost as much as US. With the 5K PQM's - this is (IMHO) a much better value.

You get spouse/children at all the UA/CO clubs, in addition, of course, to the US clubs. Not sure about *A lounges.. I don't think you even get entry, unless you are *G and traveling international.
You get access to Star Alliance business lounges with a paid membership, and you get one guest. *G isn't required.

http://www.staralliance.com/en/benef...access-policy/

You may get into a better lounge with *G vs. a paid membership, however. You don't get access to contract lounges, such as in PRG as that's a contract lounge.

I got the offer for $375 +5k as a silver too. I already have a RCC/UC membership from a UA credit card, so this deal doesn't make much sense for me.
Old Feb 14, 12, 12:37 pm   #12

Programs: US SP, AA, AS, Hilton Silver
Yeah I think my promo for $375 is bcuz I'm only a silver. For anyone that is on the fence about a club membership the waiving of the $50 initiation fee and 5,000 pqm's should be enough to tip the scale.
skitch23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14, 12, 12:40 pm   #13

Programs: US Airways Silver
Paid lounge members can access any *A business lounge as long as you have a *A flight from that airport. You're allowed one guest. Contract lounges are excluded.

Edit: whoops, already answered. I need to type faster.
alanh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14, 12, 12:47 pm   #14

Good to know about the *A lounges...

Just renewed my April 5 expiration via phone. Spent more time on hold, than it took to renew once I was connected - very cool.

As stated above, the 5K PQM's were in my account before I hung up the phone

BTW... The agent told me that only CP's get $325... all the rest are $375.
Old Feb 14, 12, 12:49 pm   #15

Programs: US Gold, AA/BA/DL/UA/SQ Nobody
Ugh, renewed effective 1/1/12 for a whopping 500 EQMs and I've flown once since then.
FlyIgglesFly is online now   Reply With Quote