Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: LUS Boeing 757-200 (B75H Hawaii version) [RETIRED FROM FLEET]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 26, 2015, 11:40 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
Legacy US Airways / America West 757-2S7 ("B75H") to / from Hawai'i
Returning to Lessor mid-2018

This "West" or "Hawaii" (B75H) (ex-HP) aircraft is distinguished by offering 14 First class seats (2x2 across, 38" pitch, ~20" width reclining seats), 176 standard "Main Cabin" / economy seats (3x3 across, 32" pitch, 17" width) including 10? exit row seats designated Main Cabin Extra.

These aircraft are being retired from AA service and returned to their lessor and will be replaced by the Legacy U. S. Airways "East" (non-HP, US 757-2B7 / B57E with 12 "Envoy" angled flat 2 x 2 seats in First, 164 standard "Main Cabin" seats with 12 exit row seats designated MCE, beginning in April 2018. (Thanks to TWA884 - see here.)

No power, no IFE; at least the LHP "West" 752s (like the LAA "Eisenhower" F seats) have no head rests.

Print Wikipost

ARCHIVE: LUS Boeing 757-200 (B75H Hawaii version) [RETIRED FROM FLEET]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 11, 2011, 3:22 pm

Programs: US -Plat, UA-Plat, AA-Plat, Marriott - Platinum,
Originally Posted by Nicksta
Nope, the 8 seat versions are gone. All of the planes for HI are old America West jets. TVs in the ceiling and rows sort of close together - but larger seats than coach and much better service. Meals are good.
Bummer, was hoping to recline on the redeye back from the island...oh well, based on the seat maps on airline webpage it looks like we have the Envoy seats between PHX and PHL.
Old Sep 11, 2011, 4:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by Nicksta
Nope, the 8 seat versions are gone. All of the planes for HI are old America West jets. TVs in the ceiling and rows sort of close together - but larger seats than coach and much better service. Meals are good.
Meals are good -- in the sense that the food is edible and would be good for a 4 hour domestic flight.
Old Sep 11, 2011, 5:29 pm

Programs: None
This year they ran an East 757 with Envoy on one of the HNL flights. It was due to a West 757 going back to the leasor so no way of telling if the same will be true next summer.

Jim
Old Sep 13, 2011, 2:11 pm

Programs: AA Plat
Originally Posted by philemer
Why would seats 4A&C have limited recline but not 4D&F? Isn't the bulkhead behind both rows? This is the first configuration, the one that flies to & from HI I believe.
http://www.seatguru.com/airlines/US_..._757-200_C.php
I was in 4A on a west B752 last night DCA-PHX and the recline for 4A&C is about the same as 4D&F. I suspect this is an error on Seatguru. The difference in recline between row 4 and rows 1-3 is also not too significant.
Old Sep 13, 2011, 7:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by Jim_F
I was in 4A on a west B752 last night DCA-PHX and the recline for 4A&C is about the same as 4D&F. I suspect this is an error on Seatguru. The difference in recline between row 4 and rows 1-3 is also not too significant.
So row 4 does have a LITTLE less recline than 1>3? if you had a choice would you choose to sit in 1, 2, 3 or 4?
Old Sep 13, 2011, 8:16 pm

Programs: US -Plat, UA-Plat, AA-Plat, Marriott - Platinum,
Two more questions.

1) are there power points in FC on these aircraft?

2) does anyone know the type of meal served on the redeye flights from HNL? My itinerary only says "meal" so not sure if it is breakfast dinner or nothing which is typical on other red eyes.

Thanks again. This is very helpful
Old Sep 13, 2011, 9:08 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA Plat, Starwood Gold, AX Plat, Hertz Gold, Avis Preferred, Star Alliance Gold
No power ports in FC and the last return meal I had was a breakfast.
Old Sep 13, 2011, 10:03 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by BoeingBoy
This year they ran an East 757 with Envoy on one of the HNL flights. It was due to a West 757 going back to the leasor so no way of telling if the same will be true next summer.

Jim
I flew DCA-PHX back in the spring on a 757 with the envoy seats, and it was continuing on to HNL.
Old Sep 28, 2011, 11:10 am

Best 757 (west config) seats in Economy for 2?

Hi All --

For those who have flown on the west-configured 757 (with 14 F seats), which coach seats would you recommend for 2 folks flying together? 9D/9E? Or, 10B/10C? A friend and I will be taking this plane DCA-PHX.

Thanks very much!

P.S. - Mods, feel free to move this post if it's in the wrong place.
Old Sep 28, 2011, 11:40 am

Programs: US Chairman, Delta Silver, UA Premier, Hyatt Platinum
Originally Posted by 14thStreet
Hi All --

For those who have flown on the west-configured 757 (with 14 F seats), which coach seats would you recommend for 2 folks flying together? 9D/9E? Or, 10B/10C? A friend and I will be taking this plane DCA-PHX.

Thanks very much!

P.S. - Mods, feel free to move this post if it's in the wrong place.
IIRC, there is no window at 9D/9E, so if that is a deal breaker, go with row 10.

If you're only traveling with 1 other person, I'd pick row 9, window or not. Middles blow.
Old Sep 28, 2011, 11:46 am

Originally Posted by USFlyer26
Middles blow.
Great thought about middles. I think I'll go for 9D/9E, as I don't care much about a window. Do 9D/9E have extra legroom, as SeatGuru suggests? Thanks very much!
Old Sep 28, 2011, 1:54 pm

Programs: US Chairman, Delta Silver, UA Premier, Hyatt Platinum
Can't comment on that, as I've never had the pleasure of flying in coach on one of these birds. I just remember that from boarding at door 2L, but I would imagine they would have a ton of legroom with the 2R exit door there.
Old Oct 21, 2011, 11:59 am

Programs: BA Gold, American Airlines, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond
Seatguru.com is your friend. Nothing special about this configuration as its the domestic config. You'll be comfy enough for the quick hop from CLT-PHX. The actual condition will be aircraft dependent but I suspect you'll have a clean but tired interior.
Old Oct 21, 2011, 12:02 pm

Programs: DL Gold, SkyClub, AA PLT, CO Silver, AS MVPGLD
C'mon US Airways fliers... post some pics of these cabins!! We wanna see what you're twerkin with!
Old Oct 21, 2011, 12:04 pm

Programs: AA Gold.
I looked at seat guru, so I know that one. I was more interested if US was flying the decrepit HI versions for these routes and if refits were done.

All I know US could swap it out with an A321 if this goes MX.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.