Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 7, 2014, 5:29 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
Signed in members with 90 days / 90 posts can edit this Wikipost; wiki contents may be printed by using the (lower right wiki corner)

Update: As of 22 Dec 2014, Trial Preferred is no longer accepting new enrollments. If you're currently enrolled in Trial Preferred, you'll continue to receive Preferred benefits and accrue toward status through the remainder of your Trial period. Your 2015 Preferred status earned through Trial will transfer to AAdvantage once we combine the programs in the second quarter of 2015.

========================================
Try Preferred status on for size <Link>

Are you new to Dividend Miles? Enjoy the benefits of Preferred status now through the Trial Preferred program. Get priority check-in and boarding, unlimited upgrades to First Class and more during your 90-day trial period.

Here's how to get Preferred status

Choose and purchase your level of Preferred status, then fly with US. It's that easy to get all the benefits of Preferred status.

Learn more about Preferred

Upgrade to Preferred

Preferred status / cost Silver – $200 Gold – $400 Platinum – $600

Then, over the next 90 days, fly a minimum number of miles on flights operated by US Airways or American Airlines to keep your Preferred status through February 29, 2016. If your trial began on or before June 30, 2014, you'll maintain your Preferred status through February 28, 2015.

• Silver: Fly 7,500 miles or 10 segments
  • Gold: Fly 15,000 miles or 20 segments
  • Platinum: Fly 22,500 miles or 30 segments
  • Chairman's: Fly 30,000 miles or 40 segments

The Trial Preferred program is the quickest way to get to Preferred status. Just enroll online to try Preferred on for size today.

Enroll in Tral Preferred

Terms & Conditions

This program is available only to non-Preferred members. Dividend Miles members must fly a minimum number of miles or segments to keep Preferred status for the remainder of the program year. Bonus miles earned based on class of service do not count toward Preferred status. Members may enroll in the Trial Preferred program only once in any consecutive 12-month period. Members who did not requalify for Preferred status for the current year are not eligible to participate in the Trial Preferred program. Only elite-qualifying miles earned on flights operated by US Airways, US Airways Express, American Airlines and American Eagle can be applied toward the Trial Preferred program. The program participation fee is non-refundable. Federal excise tax of 7.5% will be added to the purchase price. Only bookings made after the member's status has been upgraded reflect his or her new status. Preferred status earned through the Trial Preferred program is only valid in the Dividend Miles program through February 29, 2016 for members who purchased Trial Preferred after June 30, 2014. Members who purchased Trial Preferred on or before June 30, 2014 will retain their earned Preferred status through February 28, 2015. Associated First Class upgrade benefits are based on availability and only available on US Airways and US Airways Express-operated flights.

Wiki updated 7 Dec 2014
Print Wikipost

Trial Preferred Status (merged) [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 29, 2014, 1:01 pm

Programs: MR Plat; AA Gold; UA Silver
I'm about to enroll in the Silver trial. I bought a AA ticket on AA.com but used by US Air DM number. It will count, right? Or do you have to buy the AA ticket through US Air for it to count? Thanks.
Old Sep 29, 2014, 2:18 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, Hilton Gold, Kimpton Inner Circle
Originally Posted by jlb3
I'm about to enroll in the Silver trial. I bought a AA ticket on AA.com but used by US Air DM number. It will count, right? Or do you have to buy the AA ticket through US Air for it to count? Thanks.
I booked flights on AA and they were recognized as valid flights for the trial. As long as you have your US Air DM number on the account you have nothing to worry about! One thing to note is that you will receive an automated e-mail each month giving you an update on how many miles you have with the trial. The computer does not recognize the AA miles and segments, but when you call the preferred desk they will give you the actual total with the AA metal flights included.
Old Sep 29, 2014, 3:25 pm

Programs: MR Plat; AA Gold; UA Silver
Thank you! I just signed up. Hopefully it will be worth it.
Old Sep 30, 2014, 12:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by mrwangkai
Data point to answer my own question. Started the silver trial the day before travel (less than 24 hours):

- The "s" status was on the account right away.
- First flight outbound: FC were not available to be selected but instead were available for purchase, even though it's less than 2 days before flight (Preferred Silver's FC eligibility time frame)
- Second flight outbound: Available exit row seats can be selected
- First flight return inbound: FC was available to be selected. Interest thing was, I checked for its availability 3 hours or so before flight, and it was wide-open. Yet FC was full on that flight.
- Second flight inbound: No FC was available, but exit row seats were.

Regarding the second question of whether it will count towards the trial, I'll have to wait and find out.
If you read the last 4 pages of this thread you would have had your answers.

As long as you have your DM # on your record all flights will count, as long as they AA/US flights AA/US express flights. It usually take about 2 days for flights to post to your account.

I encourage people to read the thread..
Old Sep 30, 2014, 9:16 am

By the way, the T&C only mention flying in US Airways' metal. What happens if I credit one of the flight to AA? Does it void that flight for the trial?
Old Sep 30, 2014, 9:42 am

Programs: AA EXP ; Cunard Plat
By the way, the T&C only mention flying in US Airways' metal. What happens if I credit one of the flight to AA? Does it void that flight for the trial?
T&Cs were recently broadened to include ...

..Only elite-qualifying miles earned on flights operated by US Airways, US Airways Express, American Airlines and American Eagle can be applied toward the Trial Preferred program.
Of course, if any of your US/AA flight is credited to AA, it won't count towards your Trial ...
Old Sep 30, 2014, 11:10 am

Programs: AAdvantage Executive Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Gold
Just want to share my experience so far with the Trial Preferred program. Signed up August 11th for Silver and my account reflected that level right away. Took first flight, AA from EWR-DFW-HKG on September 16. Miles were credited the next day and two days later got email saying I had reached Silver. The return, HKG-DFW-EWR did the same thing and two days after flying received an email stating that I was now Gold and my account reflected that as well. I have a few flights this week on AA and US that will bring me up to Platinum. Even tho I am Gold, AA is still showing me as a Silver and Ruby OW status in their system so I couldn't book MCE at no cost. I sent them a quick twitter message with a screenshot of my DM account showing my Gold status and they were able to put me in a MCE seat at no cost. Like others have said you have to keep looking at your reservation and making sure seats stick and that you are getting the benefits you are entitled to. So far, so good.
Old Sep 30, 2014, 3:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

As I stated, read the last 4 pages of this thread, it will help you understand the program you signed up for...
Old Oct 1, 2014, 7:45 am

Originally Posted by FlightNurse
As I stated, read the last 4 pages of this thread, it will help you understand the program you signed up for...
Thank you...
Old Oct 9, 2014, 9:16 am

Looking for a point of clarification....

If I buy an aa ticket that includes a flight marketed as Iberian but operated by usair does that count for the challenge? It's a multi flight itinerary that is all usair or as operated. Thanks
Old Oct 11, 2014, 9:41 pm
Formerly known as jlars77

My Iberian ticketed flights on US and AA metal did not count toward the trial program but did count toward elite qualifying miles. I think I'm SOL on those flights but might try an appeal.
Old Oct 13, 2014, 12:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by jlars77
My Iberian ticketed flights on US and AA metal did not count toward the trial program but did count toward elite qualifying miles. I think I'm SOL on those flights but might try an appeal.
Where you expecting it to count towards the trial?
Old Oct 13, 2014, 8:02 am

Programs: SK Gold, ITA Executive, Sixt Diamond, Hertz PC, Avis PC, IHG Platinum
I thought T&Cs only refer to 'operated by', not 'marketed by'.

..Only elite-qualifying miles earned on flights operated by US Airways, US Airways Express, American Airlines and American Eagle can be applied toward the Trial Preferred program.
Old Oct 13, 2014, 10:58 am
Formerly known as jlars77

I didn't, and am only now considering an appeal based on this information:

I'm not sure it's even worth a call based upon what Silver Elite will look like going forward.
Old Oct 13, 2014, 6:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
Quick question, why does it take so long for dividend miles to post when you fly US Airways metal, while the partner-flown miles post almost immediately to your dividend miles account? Isn't this so counter-intuitive? Should I be worried about this?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.