Community
Wiki Posts
Search

US Club at LAX (UPDATE Feb 2014: Now closed with US move to T-3)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 11, 2013, 10:22 am

US Airways Lounge @ LAX: before or after security?

Is the US Airways Lounge @ LAX prior to or after security?
I'm meeting someone arriving @ LAX on US Airways & was hoping to chill in the lounge while waiting since I have those free (non-transferable?) Day Passes. Thanks!
Old Jan 11, 2013, 10:42 am

It is to the left after you clear security. It is at end of a hall that is just before the food court. The hall kind of runs behind the food court, as I recall.
Old Jan 11, 2013, 11:02 am

Drats....seems I can't use my US Airways Free Lounge Pass when I pick up my friend....I think there's some lounges before security but alas not this one....thanks for your help!

Originally Posted by travelpye
It is to the left after you clear security. It is at end of a hall that is just before the food court. The hall kind of runs behind the food court, as I recall.
Old Jan 11, 2013, 5:07 pm

Programs: AA Gold, WN A+ & CP, HH Diamond, Hyatt Platinum, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by Hofu
Drats....seems I can't use my US Airways Free Lounge Pass when I pick up my friend....I think there's some lounges before security but alas not this one....thanks for your help!
You can if you really want to. Just buy a fully refundable ticket, go through security, go to the lounge, cancel your ticket.
Old Jan 11, 2013, 5:36 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium, UA *S, BA Fanboy
Whenever I need to get to the lounge, I just book a Southwest reward ticket and cancel it after I print the BP.

Those things do have value after all!
Old Jan 15, 2013, 11:34 am

Programs: AA Plat, Marriott Life Plat
US move to Terminal 3

With the news that US is slated to move to Terminal 3 at LAX (to make room for Southwest in Terminal 1), does anyone know if there is space in the new terminal for them to continue to have a Club after the move?

Hopefully they won't decide to axe having a Club location there entirely, as LAX is one of the locations where I most like to make use of the Club. It's a nice escape from the noise and overcrowding of the airport, and the long security lines there mean I usually end up checking in way ahead of schedule.
Old Jan 15, 2013, 11:39 am

Programs: AA Plat, Priority Club Gold, Choice Privileges Gold
There is a VX lounge they can take over once VX finally goes tits up.
Old Jan 23, 2013, 7:25 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA *S, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Exp, IHG Plat, National EE, Sixt Plat
First time in the LAX club tonight with 5 hours to go before my flight. I'm not a frequent club visitor by any means (yet), so I don't have much to compare against, but the staff here are all incredibly friendly IMHO. I'd agree with the previous posts that the furniture is a little worn, and the air is a little musty, but all in all not a bad place to kill some time... especially with the alternatives on the other side of the door.

I'm just glad I got to witness these coffee creamers first-hand before US moves to T3. They're still exactly as pictured in a previous post from a while back.
Old Dec 8, 2013, 11:05 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
With all the talk about moving to T3, I just want to make sure for now the lounge is still in T1 as reported on the official Club page. I am flying SW on Jan 1 and may burn my US club pass.
Old Feb 4, 2014, 10:56 pm

Programs: US CSP; MR Plat
US Airways Club at LAX Closing?

On Friday, January 31, 2014, one of the ladies at the U. S. Airways Club at LAX mentioned that the decision had been made to NOT open a club in Terminal 3 for U. S. Airways once the gate move is made. Supposedly, the staff at the club will be furloughed in early February. Apparently the logic by AA Management is that there is an Admiral's Club in Terminal 4 which U. S. Airways passengers can use. However, this seems untenable given the position of Terminal 4 in relation to Terminal 3 at LAX.

Has anyone else heard this news? What impact will this have on U. S. Airways Club members at LAX?
Old Feb 4, 2014, 10:58 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA, Hilton Gold
Nothing definitive that I've heard of yet...
Old Feb 4, 2014, 11:55 pm

Programs: AA, WN, UA, Bonvoy, Hertz
I don't see a club for US in T3 in the near future. Had there not been the AA/US combination, it might have been different.

To me, this is also because I think they will be able to get the flights over to T4 at some point and not need T3, but this is just a guess.

Rasheed
Old Feb 5, 2014, 2:01 am

Programs: QFF
Originally Posted by rasheed
To me, this is also because I think they will be able to get the flights over to T4 at some point and not need T3, but this is just a guess.
LAX could get the T3-T4 airside tunnel back in operation.
Old Feb 5, 2014, 3:20 am
Suspended

Programs: AA, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Himeno
LAX could get the T3-T4 airside tunnel back in operation.
I think you mean T4-T5, T3 and T4 are on opposite sides of TBIT.
Old Feb 5, 2014, 6:21 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Signatures

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, National Exec, AA EXP Emeritus
As US Airways is still operating as a distinct entity, this question is being moved over to the pre-merger US Airways forum.

Please note the sticky at the top of the consolidated thread which is titled Welcome to the New American Airlines Forum! PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING. With all of the changes about, it is important to know where to post, and reading that thread before posting (as the title suggests ) will help get you in the right place.

~Moderator

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.