Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Jeans in First - Threatened to be moved to coach

Search this Thread

Old Apr 9, 2007, 11:40 am

Programs: None
I'll have to agree with everyone else - the only possible "reasonable" explanation is that the F/A thought that your wife was non-rev. Otherwise, (s)he was absolutely, positively, 100% wrong.

BTW, here's the dress code for female non-revs in First/Envoy:

WOMEN (Aged 12 and older):
o PANTS/SKIRTS: Dress pants, pant suits or slacks, khakis or cords, skirts
o SHIRTS/BLOUSES: Blouses, polo shirts or sweaters.
o SHOES: Hosiery is not required, although employees should use good judgment. Nice open-toed shoes are okay.

Jim
Old Apr 9, 2007, 11:44 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Travel Safety/Security & Texas, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, HHonors, Hertz
When I worked for HP, we had a dress code that we could not wear blue jeans or shorts if we were bumped up to first (strangely black or any other color of jeans was ok). I usually went right from the office to catch flights anyway, so I'd wear my office clothes on the plane and never had an issue. When I was returning, I'd have slacks handy just in case a first seat opened and I could take it.

However for someone paying for a ticket on HP, and I'm assuming now US, there is no dress code.

A friend of mine did tell me that they were denied an upgrade on BA because they were wearing jeans (what a bummer for the long PHX-LHR flight). Some airlines are very picky about that. I normally wear khaki's anyway, just in case.
Old Apr 9, 2007, 11:59 am

Programs: Aeroplan Former E
That quote sounds very much like one I heard about a Nevada referendum topic about legalizing mari. The anti campaign was mentioning about degredation, etc... and the pro's response was - we live in a state that allows
24/7 marriages (this has been cut back somewhat due to cost pressures)
Massive Gambling
Drinking
Legal prostitution
Very easy divorces

And you are concerned about a plant causing moral decay?
Old Apr 9, 2007, 12:06 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Amb; AA EXP
Is there any possibility whatsoever that the FA was making an attempt at being sarcastic?
Old Apr 9, 2007, 12:08 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM
Wear jean shorts next time. Cut-offs.
Old Apr 9, 2007, 12:10 pm

Programs: AA 2MM - UA 1P / Hyatt Diamond - SPG Plat / Hertz 5* - Avis 1st
That is a loony response from the FA.

Having had a fair number of HP flights diverted into LAS over the years, I have seen more than one F passenger that I WISHED was wearing jeans, instead of whatever getup or lack thereof was their choice for the day's travel.
Old Apr 9, 2007, 12:13 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA 2MM Yay!, UA MM, Costco General Member
Originally Posted by Wilbur
That is a loony response from the FA.

Having had a fair number of HP flights diverted into LAS over the years, I have seen more than one F passenger that I WISHED was wearing jeans, instead of whatever getup or lack thereof was their choice for the day's travel.
Yes, at least there was some amount of natural fiber in the jeans, and probably not many sequins.
Old Apr 9, 2007, 12:40 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, National EE, Hertz PC, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
I would have gone nuts! I just had back surgery and used some miles to upgrade a couple of time to make sure i got a nice big seat and extra leg room for the 6 hour transcon. flights. I would be buzzing the FA the whole flight just to be annoying!

I wore sweat pants/lounge pants with martini glasses on them and one my my packers sweatshirts.

I am not paying for my ticket and then use my hard earned miles to get told about what I can wear on a plane. I have clothes on and i dont smell bad so get over it!

I want to know who cares what you wear on a plane?
Old Apr 9, 2007, 1:08 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage & Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: American ExPlat; Marriott/SPG Lifetime Plat; Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by PSU Mudder
. . . My first comment would be something along the lines of "You just served me a wrapped up pizza and chilled red wine in a plastic glass, and I'm the one who's degrading the atmosphere here?"
Brilliant!

I agree, best line of the day. ^
Old Apr 9, 2007, 1:11 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage & Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: American ExPlat; Marriott/SPG Lifetime Plat; Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Wilbur
Boy you got that right. One time I saw a guy wearing sweat pants with martini glasses on them and a Packers sweatshirt . . . if you can imagine that.

Seriously, LAS flights are the epitome of no class first class. Jeans don't even make the list.
Old Apr 9, 2007, 1:11 pm

Programs: DL Silver, UA Silver, Marriott Lifetime Silver, IHG Plat, Hilton Silver
I thought snack basket + plastic cup = I can wear jeans!

Seriously, all I wear is usually jeans or something similarly casual (but not sloppy), because I travel mostly weekends.
Old Apr 9, 2007, 2:43 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Silver, AS MVP, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond
wow, I'm a college student so I always wear jeans in First, that is insane.
Old Apr 9, 2007, 2:45 pm

Programs: US,UA,AA,DL,hhonors
Originally Posted by PSU Mudder

My first comment would be something along the lines of "You just served me a wrapped up pizza and chilled red wine in a plastic glass, and I'm the one who's degrading the atmosphere here?"
^ ^ ^ Instant classic!
Ok, so when is Speedo's Day in FC?
Old Apr 9, 2007, 4:25 pm

Programs: King of Rental Cars, BA Gold, Virgin Gold, AA MM Gold, A3 Gold, SK Gold, Hotel SuperElite
Originally Posted by AZ Travels the World
Seriously, LAS flights are the epitome of no class first class. Jeans don't even make the list.
At least US still has F to LAS and a club to boot! Oh, I almost forgot to mention the semi-clothed couple I saw moving in fun directions on a flight to LAS a few years back. Some clothes > no clothes unless you were part of that couple.
Old Apr 9, 2007, 4:28 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA Plat, Starwood Gold, AX Plat, Hertz Gold, Avis Preferred, Star Alliance Gold
I probably would have gone ape! There are days when I'm smart in a suit, and then there are days like last week when US lost my bag: mussed up hair, coral necklace, skater shoes, and a John Deere cap. The FAs best keep mum on the dresscode unless they are certain that the PAX is non-rev. A public insult to paying PAX is not to be taken lightly.

Its a small matter, but I bet it ruined your wife's flight. Shame, that.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.