Wiki Posts
Search

US Flight Attendant training of elite status

Search this Thread

Old Jun 13, 2015, 10:37 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA-EXP; US-Silver; Marriott-Platinum; Starwood-Platinum; Hilton-Gold
Originally Posted by danville 1K
On a recent LAX-DEN flight was in the bulkhead and asked for an EXP snack. Was told I'd have to pay and so declined. Just let it go, was tired and didn't feel like arguing.

On the return the next day was upgraded and sat in last row of F. Person in the bulkhead behind me asked about the EXP comp and was given an adult drink and snack, no questions asked.

A few minutes later the gentleman in the row ahead of me in F asked if he could get a package of M&Ms from the cart. He was told since there was snack basket service he could have the M&Ms, but he'd have to pay. He declined.

On the outbound flight the FA was clearly incorrect. Not sure who was correct on the return. Should the gentleman in F been comped the M&Ms?
No, I don't think so. I have skipped the meal in F several times when there was one option left I particularly didn't like and asked for the hummus and chips from Y instead. Never been an issue. Of course, this was on AA and not US. This is Dougie world now. A lot of AA FAs and disgusted by the merger and the cuts. A lot encourage FFers to write in and complain.
Old Jun 17, 2015, 6:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Originally Posted by AA-Flyer-SAN
A lot of AA FAs and disgusted by the merger and the cuts. A lot encourage FFers to write in and complain.
That's odd, wasn't it the AA line employees who begged Doug to take AA over?

As for the topic at hand, I prefer the comp'd coach snack offerings than what's in the current snack basket. Was not disappointed by not getting my upgrade on a UA E175 yesterday afternoon -- original flight cancelled, rerouted so no open F seats -- since I was able to get 4D (likely emptied by one of the people upgraded at check-in the day before) and have a nice little bottle of Chilean red and a humus/crackers pack. Never dawned on me to ask for my ExecPlat snack benefit when sitting in F though.
Old Jun 23, 2015, 3:22 pm

Originally Posted by milesandmoremiles
This is purely because the US Airways system when it prints the FA paperwork doesn't distinguish between EXP and Emerald. Once the reservations systems merge in a few months, this will go away and the FAs will see who is EXP versus just Emerald.
They really need to train the US flight attendants on this - I have had the issue more than once where the flight attendant does not know that EXP is emerald (and has the benefit anyway even if it wasn't) and have resorted to showing them my boarding pass and the menu. However, the menu only says executive platinum and concierge key which for some reason confuses them again. I even had a flight attendant insist I pay until her colleague intervened. And of course on multiple occasions it has seemed like I am an unruly passenger with sour grapes that is holding everything up but really all I am asking for is the promised benefit. I never had this issue as a CP (or as an EXP on American) so I'm not sure why I have to put up with it now. Seems like a simple enough message to pass along that CP is now EXP.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.