Search

EXP Freebies on US flights ?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 12, 2015, 11:47 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA ExPlat 4MM, AA Life Plat, Lufthansa FT, Delta Basic
EXP Freebies on US flights ?

Hello all,

After holding out for 15 months, I am set to fly my first US segments this week, and am just curious whether the usual snacks and drinks EXP freebies on AA are offered on US. Also, are upgrade requests processed at the time of online check-in or is it strictly an airport (therefore most likely losing) procedure ? (AA codeshare on US metal with CLT connection).

Thanks all.
Old Apr 12, 2015, 12:48 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by Cofyknsult
Hello all,

After holding out for 15 months, I am set to fly my first US segments this week, and am just curious whether the usual snacks and drinks EXP freebies on AA are offered on US. Also, are upgrade requests processed at the time of online check-in or is it strictly an airport (therefore most likely losing) procedure ? (AA codeshare on US metal with CLT connection).

Thanks all.
Yes you are entitled to a free drink and food item from the a la carte menu. Since you bought a AA codeshare, when you check in at T-24 you may select any first class seat as a free upgrade (if available). You only get cleared up to four days out if you book a US number (not codeshare) from US.
Old Apr 12, 2015, 5:59 pm

Programs: AA EP, Hilton Diamond, Hertz Platinum
Keep in mind that the free food item is limited to the snack items (nut mix, pringles, etc.) not any of the fresh food items.
Old Apr 13, 2015, 3:00 pm

Programs: AA EXP
EXP Freebies

In most cases have been offered them... "Mr. TritonFlyer, would you like a complimentary beverage and a snack."

A couple times I have asked for the beverage and snack and been told a price at which point I indicate I am EXP and it's done, and I've not had to show my card yet.

The fruit and nut mix is my preferred choice on the snacks. It's better than anything in the snack basket up front IMHO.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.