Wiki Posts
Search

Is the 5k PQM for club membership gone?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 24, 2015, 12:10 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA PLT, Marriott LTP
Is the 5k PQM for club membership gone?

My club membership expires the end of March. The past couple of years I've enjoyed (and needed) the 5K PQM's for signing up. Is this promotion gone for good? Just wanted to confirm before plopping down the $400 renewal fee.
Old Feb 24, 2015, 12:11 pm

Programs: US Airways Gold, Marriott Platinum, SW A List
Yes, it has been gone for almost a year now. Get the Citi Executive AA card for 50k miles and Admiral Clubs access.
Old Feb 24, 2015, 6:01 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by heyeaglefn
Yes, it has been gone for almost a year now. Get the Citi Executive AA card for 50k miles and Admiral Clubs access.
Just to clarify: the Citi Executive card doesn't provide Admirals Club access; it provides an annual full Admirals Club membership, an important distinction. That means one is entitled to two (sometimes more for members of the same household) guests, access even if not flying (if it's for "business reasons", but with fax, computer and the like, there are lots of possibilities) and reciprocal access privileges with other airlines (e.g. Qantas Clubs in Australia when flying Qantas the same day, in any class of service, etc.)

If you spend $40k before your account posts in December, you'll also earn 10k EQM toward status.
Old Feb 25, 2015, 8:04 am

Programs: AA EP, AA AC
Originally Posted by JDiver
Just to clarify: the Citi Executive card doesn't provide Admirals Club access; it provides an annual full Admirals Club membership, an important distinction. That means one is entitled to two (sometimes more for members of the same household) guests, access even if not flying (if it's for "business reasons", but with fax, computer and the like, there are lots of possibilities) and reciprocal access privileges with other airlines (e.g. Qantas Clubs in Australia when flying Qantas the same day, in any class of service, etc.)

If you spend $40k before your account posts in December, you'll also earn 10k EQM toward status.
To add on to this, and IME as well as others reporting here, the AC will also sell a spouse/domestic partner membership at the rate of your applicable status to your spouse/domestic partner although it is not a "published benefit."

Safe Travels
Old Feb 26, 2015, 9:23 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by GTITAN
To add on to this, and IME as well as others reporting here, the AC will also sell a spouse/domestic partner membership at the rate of your applicable status to your spouse/domestic partner although it is not a "published benefit."

Safe Travels
You're absolutely right, they do. marriage, spousal equivalency or domestic partner certification requested**, and it is, however, published. And Exec MMC holders can acquire the spousal ("Household Membership) membership too, now.

US page on Club membership prices with or without spouse:
http://www.usairways.com/en-US/trave...ault.html?re=1

AA ditto: https://www.aa.com/i18n/travelInform...Membership.jsp

From http://www.aa.com/i18n/travelInforma...edeemMiles.jsp

**Certificate of Marriage/Spousal Equivalency/Domestic Partner - Please provide full legal name. When purchasing the spouse membership for the first time, a marriage certificate, or certificate of marriage/spousal equivalency/domestic partner is required.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.