Community
Wiki Posts
Search

US's executive office called me tonight

Search this Thread

Old Apr 13, 2007, 8:50 am

Perhaps if they allocated more staff to loading airline partners and city pairs into QIK SHARES instead of lurking around here trying to find out identities of posters, we might have less to complain about.

I'm absolutely disgusted.
Old Apr 13, 2007, 8:51 am

Programs: AA EXP, AAirpass, & CK 2MM, MR Plat Premier, DL Plat, US Plat, UA RECOVERING GS
Originally Posted by CarpeDiemPHX
#1 There is no way that US Airways could have legitimately determined legal names and correlated them with US Airways DM accounts. FACT. As a sign of my confidence in this statement, I will offer 100,000 DM miles (and I'll pay the transfer fee) to anyone who can determine my real name.
I will sweeten said pot to 100,000 AA miles (you know, miles that can be used for actual premium cabin TATL flights), if someone can guess my name and the poster above's name.
Old Apr 13, 2007, 9:04 am

Originally Posted by DillMan
I will sweeten said pot to 100,000 AA miles (you know, miles that can be used for actual premium cabin TATL flights), if someone can guess my name and the poster above's name.
Rumpelstiltskin?
Old Apr 13, 2007, 9:10 am

Programs: US Airways,Hilton HHonors, Marriott, National
Originally Posted by Jumpgate
The guy, though friendly, very simply had no idea what he was talking about.
This is killing me, it is too funny... I always knew US could get my identity if it wanted to. Especially mentioning when you were upgraded on flight 654 on X day and you were annoyed if you were moved to 1A when you were assigned 2C originally. Or other complaints about was in F class on this flight and that.. it is quite simple.

And if people use the same user name on here and US, another simple way to find out who you are.... it is not a big deal...

I am just glad that US reached out at all..
Old Apr 13, 2007, 9:22 am

Programs: VS AU, AS 75K, Hilton Lifetime Diamond
I am not that concerned if they tracked several posters down. I'd like to think that Tempe investigates some of the more egregious situations that end up on posts. In an ideal world I would think they would value passengers that are loyal enough to do something- anything- rather than just call UA.

What does concern me is if Tempe did not track posters down and claimed they did- how does that bode for future treatment of passengers/elites?

In short, if they are that full of crap should we even wait for the results of Art's latest meeting?

Tommyleo- if you are willing I would love to have you request a written response from your new buddy in Tempe about flyertalk's concerns about his claims- and, of course, post it here.
Old Apr 13, 2007, 10:13 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Jumpgate
The guy, though friendly, very simply had no idea what he was talking about.
This is exactly right. And it is true at lots of companies, basically anyone who answers any phone or makes any phone call has NO idea of anything -- but some of them will blab on endlessly about policy X or why policy X came into being. These call centers are the epitome of the "telephone game" you play as a kid. And some of the reps will say anything -- it's in their nature to act like they have the answer to everything.
Old Apr 13, 2007, 10:22 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage & Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: American ExPlat; Marriott/SPG Lifetime Plat; Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by longing4piedmont
I can tell you for a fact that FT nor Randy do NOT share information about the posters here, even under the threat of legal action. Just take my word for it. . .
I can provide the same assurances. Absolutely. Positively. No information came from FT -- guaranteed.

I find the suggestion that they're spending time figuring out who we all are to be laughable. In my case, and I suspect it is the same for the majority here, if they would just ask, or answer the phone, or read what they're already being sent directly, they would hear for themselves, first-hand, everything they're allegedly reading here.

I have nothing to hide from them. If they sent me a PM right now, I'd make the 10 minute drive down to their HQ and explain or justify anything I've ever posted. And if they wanted to hear it, I'd lay out for them point-by-point how they're royally screwing up their relationship with their most frequent customers.

The fact is, they're so consumed by wildfires, largely of their own making (see Q1 earnings warning), that they don't have time to focus on our issues, problems and concerns -- assuming they truly have the desire.
Old Apr 13, 2007, 10:34 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Exec Platinum, SPG Platinum / Ambassador / Lifetime Gold, Avis FIRST
So - you're saying they don't have sufficient IT/Support Staff to:

1. Have a functional, speedy web site with all cities
2. Support reservations and ticketing
3. Allow award reservations on partners (even *A)
4. Confirm ticketing on partner *A reservations
5. Process upgrades according to published operating procedure

But they do have people and IT complexity to allow for trolling FT to cross-reference a user's posting history and correlate his/her status, routes, seating, credit cards mentioned, and flight activity to their DM member database to find matches?

I know certain members of this board are certain that US follows their every move - but come ON.

US FT FRIENDS: The guy had no idea what he was talking about. Don't lose any sleep.
Old Apr 13, 2007, 10:51 am

Originally Posted by tommyleo
So tonight I get a call from a very nice guy at the Exec Offices in Phoenix. He said that US had seen my faxes and noticed that I hadn't flown yet in 2007 -- so he wanted to discuss my concerns.

To make a long story short, I told him about many different concerns -- all of which have been dicussed here.

Here's where it got weird. About the mistaken-Golds, he was told to relay this to me: the execs at US had no idea of the situation, but because I had included the link to the mistaken-Golds FT thread in my fax, the execs at US read it. It was discovered that those on FT who thought that they should not have been made Gold had actually qualified through promotions of which they weren't even aware.
Quite simply, US wants your business back and will tell you any story to accomplish that.

There are at least 2 statements that can't be right: (1) "US had no idea of the situation" and (2) US discovered the identities of every FTer who posted about getting mistaken status.

The "we had no idea" excuse has been used by US repeatedly for many of its mistakes. It usually comes months after a problem has been identified to them. It is not believable.

As others have posted, US' IT capability (or, rather, lack thereof) makes their identity tracking claim laughable.
Old Apr 13, 2007, 11:02 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Exec Platinum, SPG Platinum / Ambassador / Lifetime Gold, Avis FIRST
Now they've contradicted themselves....

My long awaited response to an e-mail and FAX regarding the "Gold to Everyone" situation:

Mr. Jumpgate,

Thank you for contacting US Airways. I apologize that we were not able
to respond to your email in a more timely manner. You are correct that
there was a small group of members who registered for a promotion to
achieve Gold or Silver status that were awarded Preferred status without
meeting the full qualifications. It is important to note that it was by
no means a large number, although by judging the chat logs, it seems
like more. Rather than take away the status of this small group, we
opted to have them remain at the upgraded level. Please note that these
are not non-travelers, but an audience that flew frequently on US
Airways, albeit not at the same pace as a Chairman's Preferred member.
Taking away the status after awarding the higher level also could have a
strong customer service impact on our members and we opted to allow this
group remain at the level that they were awarded. With the small number
of upgraded members, it is unlikely that you will experience any
lessening of upgrade options on your future travel. Please advise if
you see a significant change.

We hope you can understand our position in this matter and appreciate
our efforts to provide quality service to our customers. We value your
business and look forward to your continued patronage of US Airways.

T. M.
Dividend Miles
So - somebody there knew.

Again (everyone listen). This guy had no idea what he was talking about, and would say anything to get TommyLeo to get his butt on a US plane again.
Old Apr 13, 2007, 11:18 am

Programs: US Silver
Apparently, you only get a coherant response if you're a CP. I gave up after 4 rounds of emails with them, as I suspect most people do.
Old Apr 13, 2007, 12:35 pm

Programs: AA EXP
jumpgate,

Thanks for posting the e-mail, it sure makes it alot easier to understand exactly what was or was not said. ^
Old Apr 13, 2007, 12:45 pm

*looks at Kinglobjaw*

Hmm I smell something funny up there in Chicago instead of Tempe for some reason...

That is incredible even laughable...oh well...back to work and earning $ to whittle away on US

As for the two posters...this college boy needs 200K miles on AA and US...is there a timetable or anything
Old Apr 13, 2007, 2:28 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MMer & LT UC (when flying UA); Hyatt Credit Cardist; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold via UA 1K
"Taking away the status after awarding the higher level also could have a
strong customer service impact on our members and we opted to allow this
group remain at the level that they were awarded."

But taking away 50% bonus miles for people who earned Gold the old-fashioned way (not to mention 25% bonus miles for the true Silvers), and taking away 2" of pitch in both the F/Y Cabins for all customers, and taking away closets and overhead space has a "less strong" positive customer service impact??? Give me a break! If the Sandcastle cared at all about the customer service impact on their members they would not have taken away so many benefits.
Old Apr 14, 2007, 10:56 am
Original Poster

Programs: Former long-time US GP; now AA dirt
Originally Posted by AZ Travels the World
I can provide the same assurances. Absolutely. Positively. No information came from FT -- guaranteed.

I find the suggestion that they're spending time figuring out who we all are to be laughable.

I agree. When the guy from US told me that the execs somehow were able to track people down on here, I took him to task on it. The only possibility is that a lot of people here use their FT screenname as their log-in on USAir.com.

He also said that maybe I should be skeptical about those who claimed they got unearned Gold status -- especially when those who claim so post anonymously. I told him that while it is true that I don't always believe anonymous claims on the web, I am 100% confident that the FT'ers who posted here about their status were being truthful. When he asked me how I could be so sure, I explained that at least 20 different people said so. And that while each person who said so posted anonymously, each poster had posted here before many times. If those claiming unearned Gold status were all NEW posters, then I'd be very skeptical. But that's not the case at all. Therefore, it would be one heck of a conspiracy if all those on FT who have claimed unearned Gold status had made it up. Besides, what would be the motivation to do so?!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.