Wiki Posts
Search

Ticket Voucher

Search this Thread

Old Sep 3, 2006, 4:20 pm
Original Poster

Programs: NWA, Delta, AA
Ticket Voucher

I am using a ticket that I received when I was bumped. The voucher is from US Airways. I called and booked the ticket, and I was told I had to go the airport within 3 days to claim my ticket. I told him I had never done this before, and he said because of the merger now you have to go pick up your ticket.

Any ideas on this?
Old Sep 3, 2006, 5:42 pm

Programs: US NW EK
Originally Posted by nyc123zoe55
I am using a ticket that I received when I was bumped. The voucher is from US Airways. I called and booked the ticket, and I was told I had to go the airport within 3 days to claim my ticket. I told him I had never done this before, and he said because of the merger now you have to go pick up your ticket.

Any ideas on this?
You have to exchange the paper ticket for an electronic ticket at any US Airways ticket counter. I believe it was like this before the merger, atleast on the US east side it was. Hopefully they will one day make those bump vouchers electronic. It's not a big deal, just go to the closest airport with US Airways and go to the ticket counter with the ticket and you confirmation number, it's painless.
Old Sep 3, 2006, 7:09 pm

Programs: UA Silver, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Avis CHM
Originally Posted by nyc123zoe55

Any ideas on this?
This has always been the case I believe. I just redeemed a dollar-off voucher and had to ticket at the airport (LGA) within 24hrs, so consider yourself lucky. Not a major inconvenience except that the FC/Preferred agents (two of them) were clueless and it took an hour to ticket!
Old Sep 3, 2006, 7:12 pm
Original Poster

Programs: NWA, Delta, AA
About 3 years ago I had a ticket with US Air and I could do it over the phone, but now I must go to airport. Well, it looks like I am going to LGA in the morning.
Old Sep 4, 2006, 12:16 pm

Programs: I fly whomever offers the best flight(s) where and when I want to go (with some exceptions...)
Originally Posted by shell nyc
This has always been the case I believe. I just redeemed a dollar-off voucher and had to ticket at the airport (LGA) within 24hrs, so consider yourself lucky. Not a major inconvenience except that the FC/Preferred agents (two of them) were clueless and it took an hour to ticket!
I recently did one of these for an upcoming trip [2 x $25-off HP AirChecks for two tix traveling entirely on East metal] and had to exchange them at Phoenix Sky Harbor. There was initial confusion as to whether to go to the US-east or former-HP counters, but they figured it out very quickly. Total time from entering the parking garage to exitting it: 17 minutes.
Old Sep 4, 2006, 8:12 pm

Programs: DL Silver, UA Silver, Marriott Lifetime Silver, IHG Plat, Hilton Silver
I have always had to redeem vouchers at the airport.
Old Sep 18, 2006, 9:21 am

Programs: US Silver Preferred
Originally Posted by shell nyc
I agree. This voucher "system" is clearly set up to discourage actual use of the voucher. 1) you have to exchange voucher at the ticket counter. Get with the times! It shouldn't be difficult to implement online usage of these vouchers. 2) ticketing agents often don't know how to deal with these vouchers. I had a similar situation to the one quoted above. Nearly 45 minutes to ticket using a voucher, and that's with the reservation made the night before and already in the system. If you're going to require us to go to an airport ticket counter to use these vouchers, the least US could do is to ensure that staff actually know how to use them!
Old Sep 18, 2006, 10:03 am

If there are still any city ticket offices that exist, you can also take the bump vouchers to a CTO. Unfortunately, they closed the one in Manhattan in spring 2005 (I showed up one day and there was a sign stating it was no longer in operation), and I think they also closed most of the others (is there still one in PHL or PHX?)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.