Wiki Posts
Search

"Complimentary upgrades not offered"

Search this Thread

Old Aug 18, 2015, 9:12 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Silver Medallion, United Gold, US Airways silver
"Complimentary upgrades not offered"

Received e mail today (8/18) with this message. Travel agent booked round trip flight from PHX -> ORD on AA and back (8/26) on US airways. Called US Airways and they say I am on the waiting list for an upgrade on the US Airways flight.
Old Aug 18, 2015, 9:57 pm

Programs: AA EXP; 1W Emerald; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold; UA dirt
Well known issue in integrating the systems for upgrades and elite status.

Just check at your regular window.
Old Aug 19, 2015, 6:43 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA *S, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Exp, IHG Plat, National EE, Sixt Plat
If your travel agent booked those US flights on the 26th as codeshares (AA flight number), then your upgrades will not process at your normal advanced window. You'll only be able to upgrade, or be added to the list, at T-24 OLCI.

It doesn't matter if you're on AA (001) ticket stock, all that matters is who the marketing airline was (i.e. the flight number) for the US operated flights. If they were booked as US marketed ("prime") flights, you'll upgrade at your normal window. If AA marketed, only within T-24.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.