Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DUB-CLT Equipment changes . Permanent or just seasonal?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 19, 2015, 2:27 am
Original Poster

DUB-CLT Equipment changes . Permanent or just seasonal?

Hope someone can enlighten me.

I always fly business on TATL, and I am looking to change my travel to SRQ from DL metal via ATL, to AA metal via CLT.

Flights from DUB to CLT are currently operated by A330, but checking for future flight times this seems to change to B757.

Is this just a seasonal change or will it be a permanent switch to the B757. If permanent I think I will look for another alternative, because even the old DL B767's are much better than a cramped B757.

Appreciate any help offered.
Old Aug 19, 2015, 10:18 am

Programs: AA EP, UA Gold-MM, UA 1K (former), GS (former),SPG LT Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by twincheeks
Hope someone can enlighten me.

I always fly business on TATL, and I am looking to change my travel to SRQ from DL metal via ATL, to AA metal via CLT.

Flights from DUB to CLT are currently operated by A330, but checking for future flight times this seems to change to B757.

Is this just a seasonal change or will it be a permanent switch to the B757. If permanent I think I will look for another alternative, because even the old DL B767's are much better than a cramped B757.

Appreciate any help offered.
You might want to define what you mean by permanent as no one knows what will happen once cross-fleeting occurs.
Old Aug 19, 2015, 10:42 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by neo_781
You might want to define what you mean by permanent as no one knows what will happen once cross-fleeting occurs.
At present I meant year round. But I accept that the merger could result in US metal being used on AA routes and vice versa.

My main concern is that I do not want to be flying TATL on old narrow bodied aircraft if I switch to AA.
Old Aug 19, 2015, 10:58 am

Programs: AA Peon Gold
Isn't CLT-DUB seasonal to begin with?
Old Aug 19, 2015, 11:08 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by WRCSolberg
Isn't CLT-DUB seasonal to begin with?
I thought it was year round but I will stand corrected. If it is seasonal, when does the season begin and end?
Old Aug 19, 2015, 11:19 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
As this is about US Airways fleet / flight we'll move this to the U.S. (Pm) forum for more informed input (though in the post October 17 world, things might change significantly). /Moderator

Last edited by JDiver; Aug 19, 2015 at 12:16 pm
Old Aug 19, 2015, 1:30 pm
Original Poster

Did a bit more checking and it would seem to be a Summer season flight only. May to October.

Looks like I am stuck with DL to get to Florida for the winter.
Old Aug 19, 2015, 1:34 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Exec Platinum, Hertz #1 Club Gold Five Star, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, HHonors Silver
They do fly PHL-DUB year round, which can connect you to Florida.
Old Aug 19, 2015, 2:26 pm

The downgrade is an early winter season change. It operates with a 752 from 10/5 - 10/23. It is suspended for the winter from 10/24 on. And as mentioned above, who knows what S16 will bring.
Old Aug 20, 2015, 1:54 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by GNRMatt
They do fly PHL-DUB year round, which can connect you to Florida.
Thanks for the information. I was looking for connections directly into SRQ, and DUB-CLT would have been ideal. I might have to go into TPA instead

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.