Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New LGW-LAS Route?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 19, 2006, 7:27 am

Programs: AA AAdvantage Gold, HHonors Gold, Marriot Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Member
Originally Posted by kinglobjaw
Getting back to the origianl topic thread?? The thing you restated is wasting server space, as you have restated what was said so many times.

So now youre trying to convey a message that the 757's which me may get just like those 3 will rune PHL-RDU or CLT-DFW. Get a grip! You think you can us more w/ a few airline terms! Hell, Ive done a huge statistics report on the whole US Airways deal, the whole 10 yards on available seat miles, revenue miles and such, which was presented to the school board. How low can you go?

But hey, as anyone else does, I feel proud for those who have a goal, and work hard. So, I a proudly nominate you as preffered person to suceed Douglas W. Parker. Go for it, buddy!

And our favorite McFlyPHL tagline... SHOCKING!

Switch to decaf, please.
Old Mar 19, 2006, 7:29 am

Programs: United GS, Fairmont Platinum,SPG LTPlat, Hilton Diamond, MarriottGold..like the rest of the world
Thumbs down

at times I wish I were a moderator so I could close threads like this one.
Old Mar 19, 2006, 7:47 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sbtinme
at times I wish I were a moderator so I could close threads like this one.

Hey, I only asked if anyone knew of a LGW-LAS route.....

That’s the beauty of freedom of speech…..its what makes America great!
Old Mar 19, 2006, 7:49 am

Originally Posted by CLTFlyer
Switch to decaf, please.

Not a coffee drinker... yet!
Old Mar 19, 2006, 9:10 am

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat, Marriott Titanium Elite
Calling a sow's ear a purse does NOT make it a purse. Neither does calling a connecting flight a direct flight make it a direct flight...PERIOD. For those who have not read a dictionary recently here are several definitions of direct flight on the web. None of them permit a change in aircraft:

Definitions of Direct Flight on the Web:

* A flight on which passengers do not have to change planes, but may involve one or more stops en route.
www.letsgotosea.com/TourTermGlossary.asp

* A flight that stops at another airport, but passengers do not change planes. An example of a direct flight is a passenger taking a direct flight from Boston to Dublin . The flight first stops at Shannon Airport and then continues to Dublin , with the passengers traveling to Dublin staying on the same plane.
mayfee1.tripod.com/safejurnee/id28.html

* A flight with one or more intermediate stops but no change of aircraft.
wordnet.princeton.edu/perl/webwn

Hopefully that settles the issue once and for all. I don't care how many airlines are "doing it," it's deceptive and wrong.

Last edited by DCBob; Mar 19, 2006 at 9:15 am
Old Mar 19, 2006, 10:11 am

Just wondering how many FT members take a direct car drive from home to the office each morning which involves a change of car at some intermediate point?
Old Mar 19, 2006, 11:28 am

Say goodbye to this thread.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.