US Airways reorganization filing delayed again

Search this Thread

Old May 2, 2005, 9:54 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: HH Silver
US Airways reorganization filing delayed again

http://philadelphia.bizjournals.com/...02/daily5.html

US Airways Group Inc. has again delayed filing its plan of reorganization.
Old May 2, 2005, 11:30 am

Programs: UA 3.6 MM, Marriott Lifetime Plat
They probably aren't going to file a reorg until they have figured out the HP merger, so no surprise here. GE and the ATSB will probably give them leeway based on the possibility of the Hp-US combination.
Old May 2, 2005, 11:45 am

Programs: CoFounder and Chairman, FFOCUS (Frequent Flyers Organized and concerned about Unacceptable Service.
Us Por

That's because they really don't HAVE a plan of reorganization......

I hope the merger comes fast...
Old May 2, 2005, 1:06 pm

Programs: US1
Come on guys. Since HP and AC entered the picture that has kind of put a twist on things. The POR will probably have to be modified some.

I hope it comes fast too. DCA LAS and DCA PHX will be a nice addition if the DOT allows it.

As I remember with the AA TW merger AA did not keep the TW slots. However this time around. Since the parent company of HP will take on the US Airways "brand name only" They will still be HP's slots so they should not lose them. US would gain I think two more gates at DCA.

US and HP are in the same area at DFW and LAX. Would be interesting if the LAX and SFO clubs were to reopen. Does HP have a SFO club? If so I guess we will see the US brand name slapped on it soon This is of course if the merger were to actually go through and *A says they can stay in the alliance.

US will also gain some Mexico destinations and Hawaii (even though we all know Hawaii is not a money maker.)

One of the FA's told me that today (Monday May 2) there is suppose to be a big announcement. Still waiting to hear.

T

Last edited by US AIRWAYS FAN; May 2, 2005 at 1:15 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.