Office Max [master thread]

Old Sep 15, 2011, 6:28 pm

Originally Posted by lkar
Even if it were in the shopping mall (I can't find it), it probably would only count as the shopping mall hit, not the officemax hit.
Exactly.
Old Sep 15, 2011, 6:28 pm

Programs: Too many to list. Status is a half dozen.
Originally Posted by drbobguy
It's possible the DM number is passed in a cookie if you are logged in to your DM account when you click the partner link to Office Max.

Possible, but doesn't seem too likely. Especially as others have noted the "landing page" is mostly blank and this is clearly an error.
It's not in the cookie. The landing page is broken, as you point out. My wife needed some office supplies to use in her classroom so I made my purchases already. I'm hanging onto the email conversation and will definitely go back to OfficeMax in a couple of weeks asking for a manual credit.
Old Sep 15, 2011, 6:57 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by metoo
I clicked on shopping mall and I see office depot, office designs , officefurniture but NO office max.

Anyone found it??
Originally Posted by belgirl
I couldn't find it either. I emailed them back about this...
Originally Posted by Gamecock
Yup. Took me some time to find it, when I did I ordered some ink for my printer.

Here is the path: USAirways->DM->Gift and Retail->OfficeMax
Um, just wow.

The link to the US partner page and a note about the lack of means to enter your DM number have been in post #1 of http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/2011-...er-thread.html for days already. (There's already extensive discussion in the thread as well.) You could all save yourselves a lot of dithering & wheel-reinvention by looking there first next time.
Old Sep 16, 2011, 12:11 am

Wow. What a painful thread to read. Why did I go all the way to the end? I will never get those minutes of my life back. Ouch.
Old Sep 16, 2011, 2:14 am

Smile Office Max Affiliate

I used to work for a major online coupon website, so I know a bit about online affiliate marketing and tracking links.

Office Max using tracking links (they're a part of the Google affiliate network) to place orders from 3rd party sites. You have to be logged into the 3rd party site (like US Airways) for the link to work correctly.

Once you are logged in, click on the Office Max link:

http://www.usairways.com/en-US/divid...html#OfficeMax

Once you outclick, it will take you to a URL where you should see this:
"affiliateLogin.jsp?affcode=usairways" as part of the URL.

Even though the page doesn't display anything, it's working correctly. Just click on the Office Max logo and begin shopping. This tracking link will follow you throughout your Office Max order.

Also from experience - social media teams and/or call centers don't always know how affiliate marketing works, so they may not explain how it will track your order very well.

If you want to cover all your bases you can always enter your DM# into the Purchase Order section when you check out. This number shows up on your receipt in case you need to dispute it later.

Hope this helps
Old Sep 16, 2011, 7:17 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA, Delta, Continental, US Airways, HHonors, Priority Club, Marriott
Originally Posted by beltway
Um, just wow.

The link to the US partner page and a note about the lack of means to enter your DM number have been in post #1 of http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/2011-...er-thread.html for days already. (There's already extensive discussion in the thread as well.) You could all save yourselves a lot of dithering & wheel-reinvention by looking there first next time.
Read all that. But I am more of a results person not a "Wah Wah, can't find a place to put the DM number" sort of person which is why I emailed Office Max to try to get to the bottom of the issue.
Old Sep 16, 2011, 8:33 am

Originally Posted by belgirl
Read all that. But I am more of a results person not a "Wah Wah, can't find a place to put the DM number" sort of person which is why I emailed Office Max to try to get to the bottom of the issue.
And you got an answer that was ambiguous at best or wrong at worst. The email referred to the shopping mall, which is unhelpful.

Is it possible that logging in to your dividend miles account and then clicking to officemax through the partner page (not the "shopping mall") will work? Possibly. I'm looking forward to the first confrmed report. I think it is safe to say that would make officemax unique and many of us are skeptical.

I am going to guess this is your first go around with this promo. It has nothing to do with waah waah and everything to do with the fact that emails and calls to partners are useless 80 percent of the time. The reference to shopping malls in the email you received suggest same. So while being a results person is good, we still all have zero confidence in your result. Saavy?
Old Sep 16, 2011, 8:48 am
Suspended

Is it possible that logging in to your dividend miles account and then clicking to officemax through the partner page (not the "shopping mall") will work? Possibly. I'm looking forward to the first confrmed report. I think it is safe to say that would make officemax unique and many of us are skeptical.
Bingo. Genau. Exactamundo.

US knows how to set up a regimen in which you enter your US DM number on the US side. (This is how the Shopping Mall per se works. Note that it's not a login, just DM number entry.) But there is nothing -- nada, niente, Nichts, rien, bubkes -- for OfficeMax that requires, or even tells, the member to log into their US account first. And for other non-Shopping Mall retail partners, i.e., all the ones covered in the Other Partners master thread, you don't log in on the US side. Rather, you tell the partner site what your DM number is. That's how Mags for Miles works; ditto SkyMall, 1-800 Flowers, etc.

I'd be happy to hear that there's no problem with OfficeMax crediting, and that one need only log in on the US site before clicking through. And if we get a few confirmed reports, I'll be glad to update the master thread. For now, though, I share lkar's skepticism.
Old Sep 16, 2011, 8:52 am

Programs: US, AA, Delta, BA, Hilton, Marriot, HYATT
Login to Us site and clicking the link will not work. Reason is in google affiliate system, only affiliate gets paid, not the consumer.

This is an issue from US side, not officemax. Continental also has officemax partnership and they ask you to enter one pass number and click on the link to go to office max. When you do that the URL looks like this.

"http://www.officemax.com/home/custom.jsp?id=m220013/affiliateHome.jsp?affcode=continental&onepassnum=D VXXXXX&cm_mmc=Affiliate-_-Continental-_-Partners-_-US&SID=87137B2DBDC34929861B5A790DB6C5A6"

One pass number is passed from continental site to officemax. Same thing should happen for US airways. I think the best bet is to mention DM# in instructions and hope that we get the credit.
Old Sep 16, 2011, 8:57 am

Programs: Honors Diamond, IHG Platinum Ambassador, Club Carlson Gold, LH SEN, TB Emerald
Last year it went as you described - put in the US# at the beginning and at checkout you get the info about earned miles.

I hope it won't end like die DM Wireless issure last year
Old Sep 16, 2011, 9:02 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by virtuo0
This is an issue from US side, not officemax. Continental also has officemax partnership and they ask you to enter one pass number and click on the link to go to office max. [...] One pass number is passed from continental site to officemax. Same thing should happen for US airways.
I think reasonable minds may differ here.

It would be an issue from the US side if US typically asked you to enter your DM number before clicking through to the partner (as CO does). But US doesn't do that for any partner AFAIK, other than for the entirely separate Shopping Mall. And the fact that various partners (800 Flowers et al.) expressly request your US DM number is pretty persuasive evidence that partners aren't expecting that info to be passed to their site from the US site via the URL.
Old Sep 16, 2011, 9:07 am

I think reasonable minds may differ here.

It would be an issue from the US side if US typically asked you to enter your DM number before clicking through to the partner (as CO does). But US doesn't do that for any partner AFAIK, other than for the entirely separate Shopping Mall. And the fact that various partners (800 Flowers et al.) expressly request your US DM number is pretty persuasive evidence that partners aren't expecting that info to be passed to their site from the US site via the URL.
Partner website (800 Flowers et al.) is not customized based on the airline. It's either they request number for all airlines/hotels or it is passed to them automatically. It won't be half this way and half that way (that's the way most of the systems are designed, but there will always be exceptions)

Update:

This is how it is working from AAdvantage site

http://clickserve.cc-dt.com/link/tpl...&mid=V270XXXXX (AA #)

I think this is similar to Bigcrumbs type of system.

Last edited by virtuo0; Sep 16, 2011 at 9:23 am
Old Sep 16, 2011, 9:23 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by virtuo0
Partner website (800 Flowers et al.) is not customized based on the airline.
Depends on your definition. 800 Flowers & others display a custom banner for visitors referred from the US link.

It's either they request number for all airlines/hotels or it is passed to them automatically. It won't be half this way and half that way (that's the way most of the systems are designed, but there will always be exceptions)
Let's assume you're right. Who wants to do some URL hacking to figure out what to append instead of "&onepassnum=DVXXXXX&cm_mmc=Affiliate-_-Continental-_-Partners-_-US&SID=87137B2DBDC34929861B5A790DB6C5A6"? True, the unique ID in the last param is a problem, so leave that part out.
Old Sep 16, 2011, 9:25 am

Depends on your definition. 800 Flowers & others display a custom banner for visitors referred from the US link.

Let's assume you're right. Who wants to do some URL hacking to figure out what to append instead of "&onepassnum=DVXXXXX&cm_mmc=Affiliate-_-Continental-_-Partners-_-US&SID=87137B2DBDC34929861B5A790DB6C5A6"? True, the unique ID in the last param is a problem, so leave that part out.
No, No....I am not saying we should play with URL. Who knows what is expected in the URL. Its just FYI so that we know what might and might not work.
Old Sep 16, 2011, 9:33 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA, Delta, Continental, US Airways, HHonors, Priority Club, Marriott
And you got an answer that was ambiguous at best or wrong at worst. The email referred to the shopping mall, which is unhelpful.

I am going to guess this is your first go around with this promo. It has nothing to do with waah waah and everything to do with the fact that emails and calls to partners are useless 80 percent of the time. The reference to shopping malls in the email you received suggest same. So while being a results person is good, we still all have zero confidence in your result. Saavy?
Time out. First of all, this is not my first go around with the promo. I have never ordered anything through Office Max before, but I have participated in the promo before.

Secondly, at least I am trying to get to the root of the problem. Have you contacted Office Max? Have you talked to US Airways? To say that it's "useless" is usually because people give up too easily. It's real easy to sit back and complain something isn't working and let everyone else do the dirty work. It's something else to try to part of the solution. Savvy?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.