Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Earning EQM on Turkish G class [Update from UA Insider -post 55]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Earning EQM on Turkish G class [Update from UA Insider -post 55]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 3, 2013, 4:55 am

Programs: UA-Plat, United Club
Saw that my thread got moved and merged with this one...

is it not ridiculous that it should change based on flight date and not date that a reservation was ticketed; I guess UA is just upset at TK for their recent great fares from IAH/IAD/etc. It's not really fair IMO though that tickets already purchased will be screwed. I purposely changed my plans and booked the TK trip to earn miles.

After this and the complete lack of customer service last fall on paid first tickets back from Colombia, I've about had it with UA. After being loyal for years, they've created another price-loyal customer, thanks. I guess it'll save me a lot of money in the long run. I'll be sure to forward receipts to UA for paid F/J to EZE this coming fall on whatever (other) carrier I decide to book now.

- dan
Old Feb 3, 2013, 10:04 am

It looks like I flew at the right time in December, as G and W fares are both earning 0% after March 1.
Old Feb 3, 2013, 10:08 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, UA Gold
Flying the 3rd week in Feb, just barely make the cut off. Hope the miles go through!
Old Feb 3, 2013, 10:23 am

Originally Posted by ExitRowLegroom
It looks like I flew at the right time in December, as G and W fares are both earning 0% after March 1.
Too many cheap offers from TK...
Old Feb 3, 2013, 10:30 am

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by fivesixseven
Too many cheap offers from TK...
Wow, interesting that TK W & G fares are moving to 0%.

There are £80 round trip flights LGW-SAW in W, which is an unusually good price per mile out of London, but if it's not mileage earning that makes a bit more sense.

Meanwhile, our TK W fare from early January has not posted. Guess I'll have to call and get UA to manually override something.
Old Feb 3, 2013, 10:48 am

Originally Posted by mherdeg
Wow, interesting that TK W & G fares are moving to 0%.

There are £80 round trip flights LGW-SAW in W, which is an unusually good price per mile out of London, but if it's not mileage earning that makes a bit more sense.

Meanwhile, our TK W fare from early January has not posted. Guess I'll have to call and get UA to manually override something.
My G fare ticket from JFK-IST-LIS-IST-JFK in December was only $740, I can see why that fare is going away.
Old Feb 3, 2013, 9:24 pm

Programs: UA-Plat, United Club
the problem i have is with itinerary's that were ticketed before this latest "enhancement" to the program. I'll send a letter to hq to tell them how i feel, they won't care and my conversion to no longer brand-loyal will be done... another cheapest fare available customer created by the new UA

-dan
Old Feb 3, 2013, 9:39 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, former UA1K MM lifetime (left UA for DL), FPCPlat, DL Biz and Plat Amex
Flying NYC/IST/MLE in ten days. Aaron, can we solve this before we fly?

Originally Posted by UA Insider
Hi Everyone,

Just a quick note here—we are aware internally of some posting issues with a few of the fare classes on Turkish. We’re still working toward a programmatic resolution, but wanted to let you know it’s on our radar.

Aaron Goldberg
Sr. Manager - Customer Experience Planning
United Airlines
Old Feb 3, 2013, 9:41 pm

I guess we know what their "programmatic resolution" is...
Old Feb 3, 2013, 9:53 pm
Company Representative, United Airlines

Update on TK P/W/G fares

Hi Everyone,

I wanted to give you an update on this topic. I’ll spare you most of the details, but over the past few weeks we have been discussing a resolution to this G/W/P accrual issue with the relevant parties, including Turkish. As some of you have noticed, this involves an agreement to discontinue PQM/PQS and award mileage accrual on these fares.

I know that many of you are interested in credit for flights prior to March 3, and MileagePlus will honor these accruals. However, due to the complexities of the arrangement with Turkish, this cannot be an automated process. The folks in MileagePlus and up in our Service Centers are working hard to build a mechanism to handle these flights more efficiently, so we do appreciate your patience while we work something out and get it communicated to the field.

Aaron Goldberg
Sr. Manager – Customer Experience Planning
United Airlines
Old Feb 3, 2013, 9:55 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond, UA Gold
Hi Everyone,

I wanted to give you an update on this topic. I’ll spare you most of the details, but over the past few weeks we have been discussing a resolution to this G/W/P accrual issue with the relevant parties, including Turkish. As some of you have noticed, this involves an agreement to discontinue PQM/PQS and award mileage accrual on these fares.

I know that many of you are interested in credit for flights prior to March 3, and MileagePlus will honor these accruals. However, due to the complexities of the arrangement with Turkish, this cannot be an automated process. The folks in MileagePlus and up in our Service Centers are working hard to build a mechanism to handle these flights more efficiently, so we do appreciate your patience while we work something out and get it communicated to the field.

Aaron Goldberg
Sr. Manager – Customer Experience Planning
United Airlines

Thank you for the update Aaron. ^
Old Feb 4, 2013, 2:53 am

Thanks for the heads-up about why this change happened! We really appreciate the color.
Old Feb 4, 2013, 4:16 am

Programs: TK Elite Plus, QR Gold, IHG Gold
Color?
Old Feb 4, 2013, 4:19 am

Originally Posted by Werckmeister
Color?
Sure, as in "extra qualitative information about the facts", common phrase in journalism but also seen as in "color commentary".

We already knew the bare facts from FlyerTalk itself but it was great to know the story behind them.
Old Feb 4, 2013, 6:01 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by raybolt
another cheapest fare available customer created by the new UA
You already were a "cheapest fare customer" based on the purchase you're complaining about.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.