Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Earning EQM on Turkish G class [Update from UA Insider -post 55]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 13, 2012, 12:40 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA

I have recently flown Turkish on G class. G class is specified as 100% earning but the miles do not post. I was wondering if anyone else had the same problem before.
Old Dec 13, 2012, 12:56 am

My mother flew two weeks ago. I keep calling MP to post the miles. MP says G is eligible. My best guess is that this is just taking more time.
Old Dec 13, 2012, 2:43 am

Programs: UA & AA 1 million miler
I just requested all 4 flights more than 25,000 missing miles online... mine is P though.
Old Dec 13, 2012, 4:45 am

Programs: UA 1K, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Plat, Marriott Gold, HH Silver
Same here. 3 pax flew, all in G class, no miles posted (22000+) and claims were submitted with UA. Awaiting response.
Old Dec 13, 2012, 4:48 am

Programs: UA Premier 1K
Same here. I flew LAX-IST-HKG-IST-ZRH-GVA-IST-JFK 2 weeks ago and I am waiting for my miles to post. All in booking class G.

Excellent airline and service, btw. Yes some staff is rude or distant, but the good food, free Wi- fi on transatlantic flights, lounge in IST and the free layover hotel made this an unique experience.
Old Dec 21, 2012, 4:47 pm

Originally Posted by stefan76
Same here. I flew LAX-IST-HKG-IST-ZRH-GVA-IST-JFK 2 weeks ago and I am waiting for my miles to post. All in booking class G.

Excellent airline and service, btw. Yes some staff is rude or distant, but the good food, free Wi- fi on transatlantic flights, lounge in IST and the free layover hotel made this an unique experience.
I flew Turkish Airlines in G class in November. Four Segments in November. The United Airlines website says G class earns 100% PQM and RDM for miles flown. Nothing was posted to my account after 15 days, so I submitted a missing mileage credit online. Another 10 days passed and still no miles credited, so I called the Mileage Plus Service Center and got a reply that TK denied the mileage request saying the booking class was not eligible. The UA Mileage Plus agent said it did qualify and resubmitted the request and I was told to wait another 10-14 days.
Old Jan 10, 2013, 8:04 pm

I requested mileage credit online but nothing happens after three weeks.
I called MileagePlus desk and I was told TK denied because P is not qualified which is incorrect, so the agent disputed the reply from TK and resubmitted.
I was also told that it takes another 2 weeks or so
I hope I can get the miles by 1/31.
Old Jan 10, 2013, 8:09 pm

Programs: BA Gold, UA Nobody, Hilton Gold
This has been going on all year, UA have miscoded most of the TK booking classes in their system and rather than fixing properly it the just keep making up excuses like "TK denied your request" and wasting hours of our time on the phone. It took me 3 months to get some O class flights to post, though UA did also give me 5k miles as an apology.
Old Jan 10, 2013, 9:14 pm

Programs: Ex. Somebody, now a disloyal Nobody
It took me five months and many phone calls but I got my credit for TK G. What a hassle. They blamed it on TK, but since I'm a member of MP earning MP miles, it's UAs problem to fix.
Old Jan 16, 2013, 6:25 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA
finally I got mine posted. I don't know whose fault it is but I would rather not fly TK...Plus the service is very inconsistent. Sometimes super good, sometimes awful...
Old Jan 17, 2013, 2:39 pm

Originally Posted by MrJBoy
I requested mileage credit online but nothing happens after three weeks.
I called MileagePlus desk and I was told TK denied because P is not qualified which is incorrect, so the agent disputed the reply from TK and resubmitted.
I was also told that it takes another 2 weeks or so
I hope I can get the miles by 1/31.
We finally received all miles today. I sent email to 1KVoice two days ago, and I got a response saying it takes another 14 days, but then suddenly those miles showed up today.

I also received email offer from UA "It's not too late to reach Premier 1K status"
Old Jan 17, 2013, 2:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Gold (1MM), Marriott LTT
Originally Posted by gregas
It took me five months and many phone calls but I got my credit for TK G. What a hassle. They blamed it on TK, but since I'm a member of MP earning MP miles, it's UAs problem to fix.
Sounds like UA fixed it. While it is UA's issue to track down TK and get the credit it's within TK's right to deny any request UA sends it. Now, UA might be sending bad info to TK which is what's causing this problem but it is ultimately TK's yay or nay that dictates whether UA credits you or not.

-RM
Old Jan 17, 2013, 3:24 pm

Originally Posted by RobOnLI
Sounds like UA fixed it. While it is UA's issue to track down TK and get the credit it's within TK's right to deny any request UA sends it. Now, UA might be sending bad info to TK which is what's causing this problem but it is ultimately TK's yay or nay that dictates whether UA credits you or not.

-RM
Still waiting for UA to credit my TK G miles from last November. Assuming I get the miles I can already imagine what a hassle its going to be to get the elite credentials for this year once they do post.
Old Jan 17, 2013, 3:35 pm

Programs: BA Gold, UA Nobody, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by RobOnLI
I don't believe that at all. TK tells United whether you flew fare code and how many miles but UA determines eligibility for that fare. If this wasn't the case then how come everything broke on 3/3? Also your suggestion would mean that every time UA changed their earning rules every star alliance partner would need to recode their systems.

My fights with UA over earnings on TK, LH and NZ last year all started with a claim that "the partner denied your claim", followed by a "the system says that fare class isn't eligible for miles", followed by "ok, the website says it does earn miles, let me raise a ticket with the *A desk to fix it". At a guess 3/3 mapped many partners fare codes onto the UA earnings rules, hence the claim that NZ O class meant I'd redeemed miles for GF rather than I'd flown in paid Premium Economy.
Old Jan 17, 2013, 4:49 pm

Programs: UA1k
I recently flew JFK-IST with a connection to MLE. The JFK-IST posted immediately. Nothing with the IST-MLE, and it was the same fare class. I waited the 15 days, submitted, and heard nothing. I finally called, they said that the flight isn't recognized and I need to mail the ticket and boarding pass to Mileage Plus, which I just did. What a hassle for something that should be easy.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.