Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

UA's Award Accelerator - 3c/RDM for next flight [Merged Threads]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

UA's Award Accelerator - 3c/RDM for next flight [Merged Threads]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23, 2011, 3:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
I am being offered these at 2.8cpm for an award flight in XF booked with AC miles that is in December
Old Apr 23, 2011, 3:13 pm

Programs: QF Plat, VA Plat, MH Silver, IHG Plat, Accor Plat
I was comparing the award accelerator with buying top-up miles and the award accelerator offers much better value!
Old Apr 27, 2011, 11:48 pm

Programs: UA-1k, 1mm, Marriott-LT Platinum, Hertz-Presidents Circle
I have consistently getting 2.5 cents per mile now. Of note is that when you apply your upgrades (CR1 or SWU) your itinerary comes up with 2 flights now for each segment, one confirmed and one waitlisted. The computer reads this as the same mileage X's 2.

Thus for a typical round trip lets say between the middle east and IAD is 14k miles. Award accelerator will sell you 14k or 28k RDM miles for 2.5 cents per mile. However if you apply upgrades and they waitlist all segments, the computer reads it as 2 x's and they will sell you 28k or 56k RDM miles as 2.5 cents per mile.

They credit in 24 hours as well. Great way to double your doubling purchase if that is what you are looking for. When it is 2 cpm to me that is a good value and I'll be all over this angle.
Old Apr 28, 2011, 4:27 am

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by schley
When it is 2 cpm to me that is a good value and I'll be all over this angle.
I have an international itin I booked a long time ago that was offering 2cpm and I kept meaning to jump on it, but it's now changed to 2.5cpm which isn't quite such a good deal any more.
Old Apr 3, 2012, 10:24 am

Programs: United 1K, 1M
Award accelerator counting for million miles

Is anyone else seeing their lifetime miles total accumulating award accelerator PQMs as well as just paid BIS miles on United? It just happend to my account.
Old Aug 5, 2012, 3:45 pm

Programs: AA PLT LT & 2MM, HH D, MAR PLT EL LT
Originally Posted by mdspadeccom
Is anyone else seeing their lifetime miles total accumulating award accelerator PQMs as well as just paid BIS miles on United? It just happend to my account.
I thought I read that would not be the case but I can't find the original post. I am interested in the same thing. And I am trying to decide if a buy points to hit 1K this year, will that be worth it to me. It might be as I have a personal flight to Europe next spring that I would love to get upgrades on.

I just have to decide it is worth it to me.
Old Mar 11, 2013, 12:33 am

Programs: QF Emerald EY Plat HH D
I have an F award booked and have been offered miles at about 2.2 cpm
just worried they will take them off me when it is an O class flight.
Old Mar 11, 2013, 10:25 am
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by aussielori
I have an F award booked and have been offered miles at about 2.2 cpm
just worried they will take them off me when it is an O class flight.
it is standard for RDMs and optional PQMs to be offered as extra cost item (Award / Premier Accelerator) for award flights. No reason to fear loss of them if purchased.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...es-2013-a.html

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...maximizer.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.