Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Uh Oh . . . Reservation Must be Issued Manually? Should I be Frightened?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Uh Oh . . . Reservation Must be Issued Manually? Should I be Frightened?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 2, 2007, 9:12 am

Programs: UA 2MM + 1k, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
UA ticket now in limbo for more than 24 hours

I had a mixed UA-LH ticket. Called yesterday morning, cancelled this ticket and had fare applied to a new, UA-only ticket. 24 hours later, the ticket still has not been issued. The agent I spoke with today said the computer link between UA and LH is down--hence the cancellation/modification of the old ticket cannot be completed. I wonder if this belies a larger malfunction of the UA ticketing process that could also be impacting the OP?
Old Dec 2, 2007, 11:25 am

Programs: UA-G MM, Priority Club Platinum, Avis First, Hertz 5*, Red Lion
On booking my trip to KOA and SEA yesterday, I had to call back again today to get the ticket ticketed as there was one codeshare flight on AQ. The agent said the Apollo mess from a few days ago is still wreaking havoc with the system. I got my ticket and upgrades in just a few minutes after calling back!
Old Dec 2, 2007, 2:02 pm

Programs: UA 1MM for a while now, AS for a minute, BAEC newly minted Gold
Is this a Chase-United.com issue?

Originally Posted by World_Traveler

This is STILL happening late this evening. Just did another reservation and got the same error message: We created your itinerary but your ticket(s) were not issued. To complete your purchase, please contact united.com at 1-800-589-5582 before Dec 02, 2007 11:09 PM in order to avoid cancellation.

The first one did go through eventually and I kept my original seats but lost the ugprade request.
So I had the same problem, trying to purchase a flight on united.com Saturday. Called Chase and they assured me no problems with card. Called united.com tech number and someone in india said they would send it in for manual ticketing. I canceled the res, cause I was upgrading with a CR-1 with NC availability and didn't want to find out in 48 hours that upgrade is not available (concern about 24 hr cancel window)

Tried again today, same result, credit card not validated. So, I used a different card, not the MP Chase card, and the ticket was issued immediately and confirmed upgrades on united.com completed a minute later.

Cheers,

-Cyborg
Old Dec 2, 2007, 2:05 pm

Programs: UA Gold MM / AS MVP Gold
Originally Posted by PanHam
Hmm, I've had Orbitz fail to confirm seats for United segments before, but, only when traveling on both a reservation that included both UA and US flights. Had to have it straightened out at the airport as I was transferring from a US flight from CLT at ORD to a UA flight to SFO.

I'm still a relative newbie here, but amartin1979, I would get on the horn and call that 1K desk, and see what they could do for you. Beats trying to get it figured out at the airport, especially in a foreign country.
Well, the ticket price was a great deal for SFO-TXL at $454 all-in, but I'm hoping this won't turn into a big headache now. I called the 1K desk and they said they could do nothing for me. I would have to contact my "travel agent" to fix the booking.
Old Dec 2, 2007, 4:25 pm
Original Poster

Ugh, I hazard a guess that it's an issue with the a slight discrepancy of the address . . . . I think I will stick it out - I want to keep the fare.
Old Dec 2, 2007, 7:21 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM | DL Gold | AA Gold | Marriott Platinum | Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by PanHam
Ugh, I hazard a guess that it's an issue with the a slight discrepancy of the address . . . . I think I will stick it out - I want to keep the fare.
UA tried to tell me the same thing -- address validation issue; however, neither my UA profile address or Chase address has changed in quite some time. Two of the three tickets that were sent for manual ticketing have been completed. The third one is approaching a 24 hour wait so we'll see what happens with that one. Chase said they could see the attempts and they were all valid but had zero dollar amounts. As far as I can tell it's a UA problem because I've used my card for other online (with address validation) and in-person purchases in the past 48 hours with no issues.
Old Dec 2, 2007, 9:51 pm
Original Poster

A tried to tell me the same thing -- address validation issue; however, neither my UA profile address or Chase address has changed in quite some time.
I called BofA, frantic, thinking that there was some reason that the card had been declined - but, no problem with a hold. Maybe I should call 'em back, verify the address, and attempt to purchase another ticket - IF I can find that same 587.00 fare. Otherwise, I will call the Premier desk, and see if I can expedite something.
Old Aug 26, 2012, 11:25 am

Programs: UA 1K, DL, AA, AS
Manual ticketing

So I purchased a one-way ticket TPE-NRT-SFO for next year in H fare and I can see there is R availability--the ticket includes 1 adult & 1 child and the TPE-NRT is on NH, while NRT-SFO is on UA. So the credit card shows it has been charged but UA says it's not ticketed.

Called and told it needs to be manually ticketed. Asked how long that will take? Told it is in order of when the departure date is. Since we are travelling in July of 2013 -- it's going to be a while.

Since I'm within the 24hr window, I'd rather cancel than not now if I have a confirmed upgrade.

Should I keep calling and as the agent to try to have the rate desk force the manual ticketing? Anyone have a similar problem or know how long this takes if I just wait it out? I've noticed that the R availability will usually disappear after a week or so on the NRT-SFO leg.

Thanks
Old Aug 26, 2012, 11:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EXP, AA-0.41MM, UA-Gold, Ex UA-1K (2006 thru 2015), PMUA-0.95MM, COUA-1.5MM-lite, AF-Silver
The first time after March 3 I bought a ticket online it had not ticketed after several days. I called the 1k desk who ticketed it (and got a lower fare). I read somewhere in this forum that logging in with the password instead of the pin affects ticketing times. Since then I have used my pin, and bookings ticket within a few minutes.

Fwiw. Ymmv.
Old Sep 5, 2012, 4:45 pm

Programs: UA 1K, CO Plat, NW Plat, Marriott Premiere Plat, SPG Plat, Priority Gold, Hilton Gold
If the fare is still available, it can't hurt to book it again, apply the upgrade, then cancel the original ticket.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.