Wiki Posts
Search

I want to speak to a US based agent

Search this Thread

Old Oct 11, 2007, 4:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
I know this will upset some people but here's a little secret:

You can still use the 2P line even if your status has expired. I use the 1P line myself (a helpful matron provided the # ) and have never been re-routed to the ICC.

Simply say "agent" at each prompt until you get to "domestic" or "international". I usually get Detroit or Honolulu.
Old Oct 11, 2007, 4:49 pm
ssh

Programs: UA 1K (MM), MR Plat Prem, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by mudba
I just booked a partner award two days ago.

I got the 1P desk to make the hold..

When I called back change the hold the woman answered

"International 1K desk" I asked her she just does international 1K's and she said that her normal job is UGS desk, but she was helping with overflow. She was very helpful, but wouldn't give me the UGS phone number
I may have spoken with the same woman. It's the first time I've had anyone answer in that way. I didn't ask as many questions as you did, tho!
Old Oct 11, 2007, 5:35 pm

Programs: WN A+ CP, UA 1MM/*A Gold, Mar LT Tit, IHG Plat, HH Dia
I'm surprised nobody yet has described this encounter:

Caller: "I'd like a US based agent."
ICC: "Yes, sir/madam. This is United Airlines. For US Airways you will need to hang up and call...."
Old Oct 11, 2007, 6:09 pm

Programs: UA 1KMM
Originally Posted by Boraxo
I know this will upset some people but here's a little secret:

You can still use the 2P line even if your status has expired. I use the 1P line myself (a helpful matron provided the # ) and have never been re-routed to the ICC.

Simply say "agent" at each prompt until you get to "domestic" or "international". I usually get Detroit or Honolulu.
Hmm.. I usually use this trick, too, but lately I've been calling during "regular" hours and getting the ICC.

I stand by what an earlier poster said -- call between 8p/12a PST and you'll better your chances.
Old Oct 11, 2007, 6:53 pm
In memoriam

Programs: Kimpton IC, Hyatt Diamond, Gold Marriott, Lifetime Platinum Starwood
I'm a 1K and this last week got the ICC twice while calling the 1K number. Also, I'm based on the west coast so the timing didn't really matter either. It's seriously unfortunate how UA does NOT listen to their customers over this issue. I am flying AS instead this week; wasn't worth my time or trouble to keep calling in to speak with somebody.
Old Feb 7, 2013, 5:42 am

Programs: Former AA EXP; 2M Lifetime PLT member-
These outsourced agents may be helpful for basic stuff--- but for complex issues they are completely helpless--- it is too bad that United does not offer any options for US agent-- and of course one does not want to sound rude when asking for US based agent- from the accent it sounds like these centres are based in India and Phillippines-- and I got an irish agent once...
Old Feb 25, 2013, 6:07 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA just 8800 mi short of Silver
Unfortunately, you dont rate to talk to them. Who was the moron that said call centers and kiosks are the main cause of our unemployment problem??
Old Mar 22, 2013, 9:19 pm

Programs: AA Plat, UA 1K, Ex-DL Plat, SPG Plat, IC Plat, Hilton Gold
Even as a 1K you have about a 30% chance of getting an agent that really knows what he/she is doing. Sad that it has come to that for the "Premier Line".

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.