Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "UA 'Z' Fare (Discounted Business Class)" Discussion Thread [Merged]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated "UA 'Z' Fare (Discounted Business Class)" Discussion Thread [Merged]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 28, 2012, 9:19 pm

Programs: UA G
Originally Posted by Travis77
I just booked a Z fare LAX-IAD-FRA-BCN-BCN-FRA-ORD-LAX FOR $1950. Cattle class was $1500. Late June to early July 2012
Is that all UA metal (with the exception of FRA-BCN)?
Old Sep 10, 2012, 11:30 am

Fare codes

I'm new to this forum and uneducated, so please excuse a stupid question -- how does one find the fare codes when booking a flight?
Old Sep 10, 2012, 11:48 am
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Welcome to FT!, lmitch
BTW, there are no stupid questions -- we all were novices at one time
Originally Posted by lmitch
... -- how does one find the fare codes when booking a flight?
this will vary depending on the website.
As you search for flight options on united.com, on the far right side, you will see something like "Fare Class: United Economy (K)" -- the first part is the cabin and the info in the () is the fare class

or you can either force a specific fare class in the flight advance search.

BTW, UA has added an addition discounted business fare class, P, which is simitar to Z.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.