Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Late LH flight from IAD -- any UA lounge options?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 5, 2012, 6:35 am
Original Poster

Hello,

Flying out of IAD in LH F at 22:00 in July. The LH lounge will be closed -- any UA lounge options for me? I don't have any status.

Thanks!
Old Apr 5, 2012, 6:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
UA has a first class lounge at IAD. It is in the C/D terminal, so a bit of a commute to get back to the LH gate.

I think it is open until 2200 hours, so should work for you....

LH F boarding pass will grant access. No need for status.
Old Apr 5, 2012, 6:58 am

Programs: Nothing much anymore.
The IAD-MUC flight just switched in the past couple weeks to the 10pm departure time from earlier in the evening. I would think the LH lounge would now stay open until this flight departs. It's possible the website just hasn't been updated yet.
Old Apr 5, 2012, 7:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
I have to think the LH lounge will remain open.
Old Apr 5, 2012, 9:24 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by MatthewLAX
I have to think the LH lounge will remain open.
Yep Id be very surprised if LH closed its lounge hours before its last flight took off and left all its F and C passengers w/o a place to hang
Old Apr 6, 2012, 11:57 am

Location: EWR and KGL (with occasional home/work trips to NRT/ITM)
Programs: MP MM 1K, Sky Miles, Emirates Gold
Just curious,

Which lounge does TK use? I think it departs 23:25 and I wonder if any lounge is open at that time. Maybe I should be asking this question at TK forum but since it is about IAD lounge which is open until late, forgive me for asking this question here.
Old Apr 6, 2012, 12:18 pm

Programs: UA 1k; Hyatt Plat; SPG Gold; Avis PC Preferred; Priority Pass Select; AMEX Platinum
Originally Posted by Atuchan
Just curious,

Which lounge does TK use?
TK uses the Virgin Atlantic clubhouse
Old Apr 6, 2012, 1:39 pm

Location: EWR and KGL (with occasional home/work trips to NRT/ITM)
Programs: MP MM 1K, Sky Miles, Emirates Gold
Originally Posted by sidestep
Thank you for your prompt clarification!
Old Apr 6, 2012, 4:08 pm

Programs: UA 0P
When I was at IAD recently, the sign on the door outside the LH lounge said it was open until 9:30pm I think. They said it had just changed due to the new later last flight out.
Old Apr 9, 2012, 11:51 am

Programs: UA 1K 2.5MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite, Hilton Diamond
Anyone with experience re: *A access to Clubhouse?

If I'm a Star Alliance Gold member flying on TK in Coach or Comfort classes, would I be able to get into the Virgin Clubhouse?
Old Apr 9, 2012, 12:04 pm

Programs: UA 1k; Hyatt Plat; SPG Gold; Avis PC Preferred; Priority Pass Select; AMEX Platinum
Originally Posted by Lori_Q
would I be able to get into the Virgin Clubhouse?
Yes, as long as you show them your *G card at check in, they should fill out an invitation for you for the Virgin Clubhouse.

Also just fyi, I dont think there is comfort class from IAD on the TK A330/A340 equipment types.
Old Apr 9, 2012, 9:16 pm

Programs: UA-1K, Hertz-Gold, Marriott-Gold, PC-Platinum, SPG
Originally Posted by jastr
When I was at IAD recently, the sign on the door outside the LH lounge said it was open until 9:30pm I think. They said it had just changed due to the new later last flight out.
+1 ^
Old Apr 10, 2012, 4:08 am

Programs: their are many of them
Originally Posted by kilton
Hello,

Flying out of IAD in LH F at 22:00 in July. The LH lounge will be closed -- any UA lounge options for me? I don't have any status.

Thanks!
i would imagine LH will be adjusting their lounge hours because this flight is now scheduled to leave at theat time every night.. Between the LH flight and turkish i would imagine we see a change in near future
Old Apr 10, 2012, 8:27 am

Programs: UA 1K 2.5MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite, Hilton Diamond
Yes, as long as you show them your *G card at check in, they should fill out an invitation for you for the Virgin Clubhouse.

Also just fyi, I dont think there is comfort class from IAD on the TK A330/A340 equipment types.
Thanks for the info about the lack of Comfort Class. You're probably right -- I think they only have it on the 777s. I might use a Business Class award for a friend's shopping trip to Istanbul. Access to the Virgin Clubhouse makes IAD a more attractive option.
Old Apr 11, 2012, 3:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Lori_Q
Thanks for the info about the lack of Comfort Class. You're probably right -- I think they only have it on the 777s. I might use a Business Class award for a friend's shopping trip to Istanbul. Access to the Virgin Clubhouse makes IAD a more attractive option.
Good luck finding space. Since TK award sapce started displaying on united.com, inventory has been non-existent in business class on ORD/IAD/LAX/JFK flights and very sparse in coach.

Same with Swiss...

The savy award bookers are not rejoicing, even if we don't need the ANA tool anymore.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.