Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Change in Policy on SKL Access in SIN for UA C class?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Change in Policy on SKL Access in SIN for UA C class?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 28, 2010, 2:23 pm

Programs: Something lifetime here and there
Another data point for F

I just got to the SKL and handed my boarding pass to the lady, it was scanned and I was admitted no problem to the F side.

After a few minutes one of the SQ lounge ladies I know from visiting SIN quite a bit came over and we had a chat. First, she wanted a picture with Bongo because she missed out last time.

Second, I asked her about UA pax being able to access the SKL. She said that if a Pax has a confirmed seat in either C of F, they can enter into the SKL in the appropriate lounge Business or First. Not an issue.

So my friends..there you have it...straight from SQ!!!
Old Dec 4, 2010, 11:18 am
Suspended

Hanging out at the SKL now in SIN.

Don't have my onward boarding pass yet as the Transit Lounge doesn't open for another few hours. Lounge staff here is fantastic and allowed me access based on the COS on my printed itinerary for my departing flight in the morning.

It's 2:15am now. Lounge is totally clearing out as the last SQ flights are leaving. Fantastic food/booze choices (really...all I need is the JW Black).

Cheers to ya!
Old Jan 30, 2011, 3:22 pm

Programs: COdbaUA Platinum 2MM
I walked into Silver Kris Lounge this morning shortly before 5 am with no problem whatsoever. He scanned my UA C class boarding pass and welcomed me in.
Old Jan 30, 2011, 7:24 pm

Programs: Non-status paid F/J (best value for $$$)
Sometimes COS is more important than FF status

For those pax who are 1K and flying either F or C (on non-SQ *A carriers) ex-SIN, it looks like that it is always best to avoid showing the SKL lounge attendants your 1K card.

Always show just your *A F or C boarding pass and you should be admitted into the SKL without any problems.

Remember, you are being admitted to the SKL based on Class of Service and not FF status. Showing your 1K card may give the wrong impression that you are are Y passenger trying to gain access and they might redirect you to the premier lounge.
Old Jan 31, 2011, 4:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold, UA LT Plat, Mar LTT
Originally Posted by daniellam
Showing your 1K card may give the wrong impression that you are are Y passenger trying to gain access and they might redirect you to the premier lounge.
Just out of curiousity......

Why couldn't one SIMPLY produce the premium class BP and "eliminate" that wrong impression??
I have never ever had the difficulties that are sometimes reported here in accessing the SKL in SIN.

Dave
Old Jan 31, 2011, 5:32 am

Originally Posted by bseller
Just out of curiousity......

Why couldn't one SIMPLY produce the premium class BP and "eliminate" that wrong impression??
I have never ever had the difficulties that are sometimes reported here in accessing the SKL in SIN.

Dave
+1. Never had an issue before either.

No one can confuse you, unless you are confused to start with. If you know what your entitlements are, the Lounge Dragons' confusion won't matter.
Old Jan 31, 2011, 5:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by eriond
+1. Never had an issue before either.
Nor I.
Old Apr 19, 2011, 2:14 pm

is it not categorically confirmed in this table?
http://www.united.com/page/article/0...kTitle=qid1887
Old Apr 19, 2011, 8:47 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat; UA MM Gold; Marriott Lifetime Titanium; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by eriond
So, here are the lounge access rules in order of exclusivity (highest to lowest):

1) SKL (regardless of FF status when travelling the mentioned CoS)
a) SKL-TPR @T3: SQ R/F
b) SKL-F @T2/3: *A F, or LPP, TPP
c) SKL-C @T2/3: SQ C, *A C, or QPP

Hope this helps.
Thanks for the effort, but that is very little help with all those abbreviations.
Old Apr 19, 2011, 9:00 pm

Programs: FSPP, Impresario, Prive, Virtuoso
I'll try and clear it up a little bit

The Private Room (Inside the Silver Kris Lounge - First) - SQ First Class or SQ Suites Class Customers only

Silver Kris Lounge - First: All *A First Class passengers traveling out of Singapore in First Class, or Solitaire (Life) PPS members. Unsure whether if they are traveling on *A in Y class have access.

Silver Kris Lounge - Business: All *A Business Class passengers traveling out of Singapore in Business Class. PPS Club Members traveling in Economy Class on SQ are allowed, unsure if it's *A in Y what happens again.

* Gold Lounge - All *G Customers with a valid *A Boarding Pass
Old Apr 19, 2011, 9:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by cranford
is it not categorically confirmed in this table?
http://www.united.com/page/article/0...kTitle=qid1887
The only thing that isn't confirmed in that link is where an RCC member in SIN would go to. Where is the SIA premier lounge? Unless they are referring to SATS.
Old Apr 19, 2011, 10:14 pm

Programs: United 1K 2MM / Marriott LTP
No issues using the SKL with UA C boarding pass for SINNRT this past Monday.
Old Apr 22, 2011, 10:15 pm

Originally Posted by e-aviation
I'll try and clear it up a little bit

The Private Room (Inside the Silver Kris Lounge - First) - SQ First Class or SQ Suites Class Customers only

Silver Kris Lounge - First: All *A First Class passengers traveling out of Singapore in First Class, or Solitaire (Life) PPS members. Unsure whether if they are traveling on *A in Y class have access.

Silver Kris Lounge - Business: All *A Business Class passengers traveling out of Singapore in Business Class. PPS Club Members traveling in Economy Class on SQ are allowed, unsure if it's *A in Y what happens again.

* Gold Lounge - All *G Customers with a valid *A Boarding Pass
In addition, under no circumstances will they allow any guests into The Private Room, regardless of the guest's/host's FF status with SQ. Connecting pax from SQ Suites/First to SQ Business will also not be entertained, but directed to the SilverKris First Lounge instead. They are very strict.
Old Feb 12, 2013, 5:32 pm

Sorry to bring up a thread but i'm still slightly confused.

Just to reconfirm as I've flown through SIN a few times and only used SATS as a C and a Y (both UA metals). I'm transiting through a few more times in C and Y (all UA) this year and just to clear up my understanding...

I can access the SilverKris Lounge when flying on C and KrisFlyer Gold Lounge when flying in Y (because I am *G on a *A flights)?

Has this changed at all since 2011? Are these 24 hour lounges?
Old Feb 12, 2013, 6:26 pm

Programs: UA 1K/2MM, HHonors Diamond, IHG Diamond Elite
Originally Posted by edcho
Sorry to bring up a thread but i'm still slightly confused.

Just to reconfirm as I've flown through SIN a few times and only used SATS as a C and a Y (both UA metals). I'm transiting through a few more times in C and Y (all UA) this year and just to clear up my understanding...

I can access the SilverKris Lounge when flying on C and KrisFlyer Gold Lounge when flying in Y (because I am *G on a *A flights)?

Has this changed at all since 2011? Are these 24 hour lounges?
Flew out of SIN yesterday. I can confirm that *G in BC can still access the SilverKris Lounge and they actually bring out the hot food earlier than they used to.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.