Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Optathlon Game on United's Website

Search this Thread

Old Jul 22, 2010, 9:54 am

Programs: UA 1K, SPG Platinum, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Pingtung
Those settings are stored in the adobe flash player settings and you can clean that out here: Adobe Link
Thanks Pingtung, I suppose FT is not just about learning tips and tricks of flying!
^
Old Jul 22, 2010, 11:06 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by UALpremier
I thought a one way was ok per the rules:

10. Valid Routing: Any permitted United routing. from T&C
You missed it higher up in the T&C:

2. Discount Amount: Ten Percent (10%) off a qualifying round trip domestic purchase.
Old Jul 22, 2010, 11:24 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, AA Plat
Originally Posted by pseudoswede
I hate those darned wings! Makes you lose any kind of momentum you generated.
+1! Best jump I have managed is ~1400ft. Impressed with the scores of 6000 and above - over 2K on average!
Old Jul 22, 2010, 12:31 pm

Programs: None - previously UA
Originally Posted by Pingtung
Those settings are stored in the adobe flash player settings and you can clean that out here: Adobe Link
This game seems to be using something called the Unity 3d player. You can change the cache settings by right clicking on the game. I'm not sure it makes any difference though.
Old Jul 22, 2010, 12:46 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, SPG LTP
Sometimes I like to be the female on the flying game just because I like her shoes.
Old Jul 22, 2010, 1:15 pm

I really like the legroom game, I'm more of a "keep hitting the same button" kind of player The jumping thing IMO is pretty tough...
Old Jul 22, 2010, 1:55 pm

Programs: AMEX Centurion/Platinum, SPG Platinum, ICH Platinum, UA 1K, Delta Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by kingsubbu
+1! Best jump I have managed is ~1400ft. Impressed with the scores of 6000 and above - over 2K on average!
I've gotten over 3,000 ft., it's really based on luck most of the time. I'd go flying on the rocketship until I get a stupid wing that lets me float slowly for 10ft.

I personally tend to shoot right into the stars, but United doesn't provide enough boosters up there. They just float randomly.

FML.
Old Jul 22, 2010, 3:29 pm

Originally Posted by ZKOKA
I really like the legroom game, I'm more of a "keep hitting the same button" kind of player The jumping thing IMO is pretty tough...
Really? I find it the other way around.

BTW, here's a game that is similar (but better!) to the line jump game: http://armorgames.com/play/4001/hedgehog-launch-2
Open the link at your own risk if you are easily addicted to online games.
Old Jul 22, 2010, 3:40 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
While the games were rather silly (though I did manage to fly 517 feet), I'm not saying no to a 10% certificate.
Old Jul 22, 2010, 4:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by CMK10
While the games were rather silly (though I did manage to fly 517 feet), I'm not saying no to a 10% certificate.
Exactly my thought. Hoping to score a few RCC one-time passes, too.

And if I had read this thread two days ago, I could have actually saved around $60 on a couple of tickets I booked then.
Old Jul 22, 2010, 5:01 pm

Programs: UA Gold, MR Plat (life gold), SPG Gold
I think there is a cheat code out there where 1K's can type in their MP# everytime an arrow appears to get an extra 500 EQM's. Type fast... I'm sure its there.
Old Jul 22, 2010, 6:30 pm

Programs: UA 1K, 1.3mm
Originally Posted by fwfdan
Anyone having luck with the 10% working for more than one passenger? It says a limit of 6, but when I put in two, it gives me an error message.
Same problem here. Called web support and they were able to book manually and apply the discount for me ^
Old Jul 22, 2010, 7:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
I've tried loading both games multiple times, but receive errors every time.
Old Jul 22, 2010, 7:44 pm
Moderator, Omni, Omni/PR, Omni/Games, FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K MM; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Azurik
I've gotten over 3,000 ft., it's really based on luck most of the time. I'd go flying on the rocketship until I get a stupid wing that lets me float slowly for 10ft.

I personally tend to shoot right into the stars, but United doesn't provide enough boosters up there. They just float randomly.

FML.
Does it seem like they upped the gravity in the game late today? I was getting 1200-1500 foot jumps without much trouble, now am lucky to get 500 feet... may also be that at the office, the game ran so slowly I was able to nail every speed-up arrow before jumping, whilst at home I inevitably miss a few.

Still, e-certs seem much harder to come by. Got two right off the bat yesterday, and today both games yield "try again" no matter what systems or e-mails I try the games with...
Old Jul 22, 2010, 7:58 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
I hit the top 20!

I found the best way to use the wings is to dive and swoop. You can get some great altitude without losing all your forward momemtum.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.