Community
Wiki Posts
Search

United College Plus

Search this Thread

Old Aug 24, 2007, 8:08 am

Programs: AA, Delta, UA & thanks to FTers for my PC Gold!
Degrees Obtained in the States

Originally Posted by UAL
From College+ website:
A copy of your final transcript showing that you did indeed graduate as a full-time student from a U.S. college or university.

Last year I got the 10K bonus from a US school, but currently I am doing post-grad in the UK. Will they look at this carefully?...
I highly doubt it would work since the terms for graduation bonuses is very clear.

I haven't heard any FTer who got the 10K bonuses by submitting a non-US transcript. United is a US-based airline afterall.
Old Aug 24, 2007, 8:21 am
UAL

Programs: UA
Originally Posted by lin821
United is a US-based airline afterall.
Yes. I am aware. My school in the UK does qualify for US student loan. From a US academic perspective it has US connection. Well, this is not an academic forum
Old May 29, 2008, 4:34 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AS MPVG
Calling all graduates...

Since we're in the midst of graduation time, I thought a friendly reminder to send in those transcripts is in order. Remember, this works for college and graduate school, though you need to register before you graduate.

If you need the link to the ua.com page, here it is.
Old Feb 12, 2009, 10:47 am
ayg

Programs: SWA A List, HH Gold, Bonvoy Plat, Hertz PC
I joined United Mileage Plus program shortly after I graduated and its still within a year of doing so. Has anyone been successful sending the transcript and your mileage plus number to the address and getting credit even though you weren't a mileage plus member before graduating.

If I had known about it I would have signed up but unfortunately I didn't...
Old Apr 1, 2009, 11:10 am

Programs: UA 3P
I recently sent in my masters degree transcript and today received the following email. I don't remember having to re-register after my BS, maybe I did or maybe is this a new requirement. I did re-register in case some day I go for a PhD or another masters. At first I did not see the 10K miles post but I looked farther back in the account and saw that they were shown as posted in December 2009 -- my graduation month.
Hi ewormt,

Congratulations on graduating from college!

Thank you for sending us verification of your degree. We have credited your account with 10,000 bonus miles. You can access your Mileage Plus account 24 hours a day and view your bonus online when you create an online profile at www.united.com/register.

If you are continuing with school and wish to re-enroll in the College Plus program, go to www.united.com/collegeplus and click on "Join United College Plus" to re-register your account as a College Plus member. Please note that you must re-enroll in the program to be eligible for any additional graduation bonuses. To learn about more ways you can earn Mileage Plus credit, go to www.united.com/partnerguide.

On behalf of United, we wish you all the best in your future endeavors.

Thanks,
AJ
Old Apr 1, 2009, 11:16 am

Programs: Free Agent
Originally Posted by bver100
I just wanted to know if anyone had opinions on it (pros/cons) or if there were any hidden strings that people have run across (or if i should stay with the program)
There are no string whatsoever. You'll just need to send proof of graduation after you complete your degree and 10k appears in your account.
Old Apr 1, 2009, 12:15 pm

Originally Posted by acailuv
Does anyone think there's reason for me not to join CollegePlus?
UA may not be around by the time you finish school.
Old May 28, 2009, 5:29 pm

Other than the graduation bonus are there any other perks to joining United College Plus? If not I'm not dieing to open another miles account (keep on working at Skymiles and TYN)
Old May 28, 2009, 6:31 pm

Programs: UA, AA, WN; HH, MR, IHG
Originally Posted by asyouare405
Other than the graduation bonus are there any other perks to joining United College Plus?
None whatsoever. Long, long, long ago they used to advertise special discounts, I think, but in the last decade or so, the only perk has been the graduation bonus. If you don't fly UA and/or don't accumulate MP miles any other way, there's no reason to open the account just for this.
Old May 28, 2009, 6:51 pm

Location: exUA1K, UA MM, lifetime UA1P, AA MM, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
I do know of one other advantage to the program: Ease of getting approved for MP credit card.

For years, my teen aged son got many offers for a MP credit card. When he turned 19 he submitted one and was refused, even though he had above minimum wage income. No surprise here since 19 year olds are certainly ugly credit risks.

A couple months later I had the same son join College Plus and apply for the MP college student credit card. Terms: No annual fee, 0.5 mile per dollar spent, and 3 weeks grace.

My son was promptly approved this time, complete with a whopping $300 credit limit.

Since then, the limit was raised to ~$1,000.

But, hey, they refused him the first time he applied and College Plus made the difference....
Old May 28, 2009, 9:26 pm

Programs: UA, AA, WN; HH, MR, IHG
Originally Posted by roberto99
But, hey, they refused him the first time he applied and College Plus made the difference....
Correlation does not imply causation. Did he apply for the College Card the first time, or for the regular card? That could easily have been the difference. Just waiting a few months can also make a difference, because banks may have quotas on the number of risky borrowers they're willing to accept in any given period.

College Plus is part of United/Mileage Plus; the credit cards are part of Chase. Chase's approval has absolutely nothing to do with whether one happens to have registered for some promo (which College Plus is) with United; signing up for College Plus doesn't make one suddenly less risky. The College Card has different risk acceptance than the regular card, however, which makes all the difference.
Old Nov 3, 2010, 2:10 pm

Programs: UA Plat, SPG Gold, HH Gold, Priority Club Platinum, Hertz #1 Gold Club
Too Late?

"Thanks for your interest in United College PlusŪ. As of November 1, 2010, we're no longer accepting new members. If you enrolled before that date, you'll still receive your Graduation Bonus."

As of today this program has ceased to exit suck because I recently graduated and just found the link today. I emailed them though to see if it was possible to still send in my transcript and get the points though. Maybe i can get some compensation because half the graduates aren't getting any period. lol
Old Nov 3, 2010, 2:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CO 1K-MM
wow, I submitted my transcript and got my 10k recently...

As of then it looked like they were still accepting new members...
Congratulations on graduating from college!

Thank you for sending us verification of your degree. We have credited your account with 10,000 bonus miles. You can access your Mileage PlusŪ account 24 hours a day and view your bonus online when you create an online profile at www.mileageplus.com.

If you are continuing with school and wish to re-enroll in the College Plus program, go to www.united.com/collegeplus and click on "Join United College Plus" to re-register your account as a College Plus member. Please note that you must re-enroll in the program to be eligible for any additional graduation bonuses. To learn about more ways you can earn Mileage Plus credit, go to www.united.com/partnerguide.

On behalf of United, we wish you all the best in your future endeavors.
Old Nov 3, 2010, 4:39 pm

Programs: UA Plat, SPG Gold, HH Gold, Priority Club Platinum, Hertz #1 Gold Club
yeah well i sent them an email anyway so hopefully i hear something back soon
Old Dec 29, 2010, 11:54 am

Programs: University of Michigan Alumni Association
United college plus plan

How do I find info. regarding the United College Plus Plan?

Is it the same as the Chase United Mileage Plus Plan?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.