Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Upgrade with miles

Search this Thread

Old Feb 14, 2010, 4:47 pm
Original Poster

Upgrade with miles

I tried to find a way to upgrade an existing leg on an itinerary. .bomb shows me all the options. Since it is an international flight and I am S class, I have to use miles and copay. I couldn't find a way to do this on .bomb. CO was so easy. Did another leg with there continental.com with no problem. Is this because international miles/copay is new and .bomb hasn't been modified to accept this transaction?
Old Feb 14, 2010, 4:50 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Have you gone to the specific itinerary in My Interenaries on united.com and selected the Upgrade button at the bottom of the itinerary?
Old Feb 14, 2010, 4:52 pm

Programs: UA 1K
I also noticed this. I was looking on .bomb today to upgrade a domestic flight and could select to upgrade with e500s but there was no drop down option for miles.
Old Feb 14, 2010, 4:53 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, UA 1K MM, SPG Plat For Life, Marriott Plat, Nexus/GlobalEntry
You should be able to do it using the Upgrade link in My Interaries. However it's most definitely not beyond the realm of possibility that the website won't be able to process your request. If that's the case you'll have to call reservations and have them do it. The online upgrade process can be buggy.
Old Feb 14, 2010, 6:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Originally Posted by SEA1K4EVR
You should be able to do it using the Upgrade link in My Interaries. However it's most definitely not beyond the realm of possibility that the website won't be able to process your request. If that's the case you'll have to call reservations and have them do it. The online upgrade process can be buggy.
+1

I have also had the same problem with doing a domestic or international mileage upgrade online. I have a feeling that the ability to do so is on the list of "improvements" for .bomb... If you call, they will get you taken care of right away!

Just FYI, I did a mileage upgrade for a domestic trip on Friday, and .bomb would not allow me to check-in online... Web Support (in their infinite wisdom) told me that the ability to check-in online with a mileage upgrade was random..
Old Feb 14, 2010, 8:12 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by gailq
I tried to find a way to upgrade an existing leg on an itinerary. .bomb shows me all the options. Since it is an international flight and I am S class, I have to use miles and copay. I couldn't find a way to do this on .bomb. CO was so easy. Did another leg with there continental.com with no problem. Is this because international miles/copay is new and .bomb hasn't been modified to accept this transaction?
International S Fares are not upgradeable if I recall correctly. I have seen the miles/copay option on a W fare, ORD-FRA for 20,000 miles + $450 as an option so it certainly works on .bomb
Old Feb 14, 2010, 8:18 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by ORDFlyer33
International S Fares are not upgradeable if I recall correctly. ....
all paid fares are upgradeable with miles + copay. Copay is typically $500 for international S fares
Old Feb 14, 2010, 8:24 pm

Programs: UA 1K
I looked to upgrade an international flight yesterday, and miles + copay were an option on the dropdown menu.
Old Feb 14, 2010, 11:20 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by easykristine
I looked to upgrade an international flight yesterday, and miles + copay were an option on the dropdown menu.
"miles + copay" is used when you book award travel. Upgrades are different. You can upgrade a portion of an existing itinerary. Depending on the class you may need to use miles and a copay to book the upgrade. I select "upgrade with miles", select a leg of my existing itinerary and select "upgrade". Then my browser shows "loading", but the option to upgrade never loads.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.