Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

CR1s can now be used on CO flights 8 Aug 2011

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 8, 2011, 10:19 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT PLT 2MM; UA LT Gold MM; HH LT Diamond; Marriott Tit LT PLT

As of today, they enabled the process for CR-1s!

The UA agent transferred me to the United Integration desk to transfer a expiring SWU to use on a domestic flight.

When connected, the Integration desk agent asked if I wanted to transfer an SWU or a CR-1. When I exprssed surprise at being given the option, he stated that the ability to transfer and use CR-1s became effective today (8/8/11).

Hoo-hoo! I used a CR-1 that was expiring before the SWU. The process took all of 5 minutes.

Last edited by l etoile; Aug 9, 2011 at 10:04 am Reason: removed quote from previous thread (posts have been made into a new thread)
Old Aug 9, 2011, 12:31 am

Originally Posted by Chetney
As of today, they enabled the process for CR-1s!

The UA agent transferred me to the United Integration desk to transfer a expiring SWU to use on a domestic flight.

When connected, the Integration desk agent asked if I wanted to transfer an SWU or a CR-1. When I exprssed surprise at being given the option, he stated that the ability to transfer and use CR-1s became effective today (8/8/11).

Hoo-hoo! I used a CR-1 that was expiring before the SWU. The process took all of 5 minutes.
Thank you for sharing the great news! Do yu know if the UA CR1 can only be applied on co-coded flights just as how the SWUs work?
Old Aug 9, 2011, 7:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Awesome - just transferred for myself and spouse. Took 5 minutes for each. Might be time for a new thread to announce this as well (paging moderators).
Old Aug 9, 2011, 8:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United 1K and 1MM, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by UA-NYC
Awesome - just transferred for myself and spouse. Took 5 minutes for each. Might be time for a new thread to announce this as well (paging moderators).
Is this the correct procedure?

1) Call MP, to transfer CR-1s to OnePass. Must be linked. You need to specify which CR-1 to transfer since they carry different expiration dates.

2) Call OP to upgrade a PNR. Can you sponsor?

3) If BOS-EWR-LAX on CO can only clear BOS-EWR, can you waitlist for EWR-LAX?
Old Aug 9, 2011, 8:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by kb1992
Is this the correct procedure?

1) Call MP, to transfer CR-1s to OnePass. Must be linked. You need to specify which CR-1 to transfer since they carry different expiration dates.

2) Call OP to upgrade a PNR. Can you sponsor?

3) If BOS-EWR-LAX on CO can only clear BOS-EWR, can you waitlist for EWR-LAX?
It was even easier - they grabbed the earliest expiring ones (I didn't ask), they put the UG request through for me (though they only did one of the two legs).

I don't see why your point 3 would be any different from UA procedures, right? I'm sure it would.
Old Aug 9, 2011, 9:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United 1K and 1MM, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by UA-NYC
It was even easier - they grabbed the earliest expiring ones (I didn't ask), they put the UG request through for me (though they only did one of the two legs).

I don't see why your point 3 would be any different from UA procedures, right? I'm sure it would.
Great.

Someone said CO won't waitlist you for upgrade if R=0.

Can you UG someone else? Does CO require you to sign authorization since you are requesting UG via phone?
Old Aug 9, 2011, 9:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Great.

Can you UG someone else? Does CO require you to sign authorization since you are requesting UG via phone?
No, you can definitely waitlist - I should know, my requests are always waitlisted on CO

I don't know how sponsoring works on CO - but I know you can save anyone's PNR to your OP account (just look it up by name/PNR) and then select their reservation to upgrade.

I haven't been able to find a CO OP equivalent of the great "My Upgrades" screen on UA MP that shows your instruments, when they expire, which ones have been used/reserved in the past 2 years / future year, etc.
Old Aug 9, 2011, 11:27 am

Programs: UA 1K, SW Gold
Anybody know if CR1's can be used on CO award tickets?

I know I couldn't use CR's to upgrade a UA award ticket - but have heard CO might handle things differently. Anybody know?

TIA

Allen
Old Aug 9, 2011, 11:42 am

Programs: UA PM (by 2MM), DL GM (by 3.5MM), Marriott Lifetime Plat
Originally Posted by albfamily
I know I couldn't use CR's to upgrade a UA award ticket - but have heard CO might handle things differently. Anybody know?

TIA

Allen
100% sure you can not.

Billy
Old Aug 9, 2011, 11:49 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1k
so for a CO flight, is there a way on the CO site to check availability? I cna't figure it out. It sounds like I can use the UA site and look for R, but hte problem is you can only see R availability if there is XY or XF availability becuase CO flights don't show up in mileage tix if they don't have saver availability.
Old Aug 9, 2011, 11:58 am

Programs: DL Diamond, UA 1K MM, SPG Plat For Life, Marriott Plat, Nexus/GlobalEntry
Originally Posted by Delta3MM
100% sure you can not.

Billy
Can't you use CR1's to upgrade CO award tix if you have the credit card?

Originally Posted by travel.flier
so for a CO flight, is there a way on the CO site to check availability? I cna't figure it out. It sounds like I can use the UA site and look for R, but hte problem is you can only see R availability if there is XY or XF availability becuase CO flights don't show up in mileage tix if they don't have saver availability.
When you do a regular flight search on CO each flight will have a link for Fare Class. Click on the link and it will display all buckets..including awards. If R isn't shown it means it's R0.

Last edited by iluv2fly; Aug 9, 2011 at 12:44 pm Reason: merge
Old Aug 9, 2011, 12:35 pm

Programs: UA 1P 1MM
Great.

I completed my CO upgrade using my UA CR1 on August 6th (So, a little bit earlier than OP. ) 2 out of 4 legs did not clear and I was able to waitlist.

You can also upgrade someone else. I used my wife's CR1 to upgrade her sister, although they have the same last name so I don't think authorization was needed to begin with. However, I also thought that the authorization can now be done on the phone when the reservation agent conference in a MP agent.
Old Aug 9, 2011, 12:42 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, UA 1K MM, SPG Plat For Life, Marriott Plat, Nexus/GlobalEntry
Just got off the phone with CO rez... took 57 minutes for me. Months ago I requested a status match from UA to CO and that my accounts be linked. I got the status match no problem and I assumed they were linked, but today they told me that since my middle name was spelled out on my UA account and it's just my middle initial on CO the account link failed. So I was on hold for a long time while they got my middle name spelled out on my CO account and then linked my UA & CO accounts.

I have a trip next week that I had used 30,000 miles to upgrade and I wanted them to cancel the mileage upgrades and apply the CR1's instead (everything was R>0). Finally they got it all done. ^
Old Aug 9, 2011, 1:33 pm
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Great news! ^^^^

Now my question....

What about an existing mixed itinerary...

I have SFO-IAH-PBI/PBI-IAH-SFO booked thru UA with the SFO-IAH and the IAH-SFO legs on UA metal and UA flight numbers but the IAH-PBI/PBI-IAH legs are UA flight numbers but CO metal. I used CR1's to confirm the UA legs as there was NF space available on both UA flights but can I "extend" the CR1's to now apply to the CO metal legs?
Old Aug 9, 2011, 1:33 pm

Programs: UA MM | BA Silver
Yeeha!

BOS-IAH waitlisted
IAH-ANC upgrade confirmed!

30 minutes all in, but didn't feel that long. Agent was awesome and double checked everything including seat assignments to make sure nothing funky happened during the conversion. Great use of a CR1.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.