Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

DEQM for ORD-SFO/LAX/SNA: 3 Nov- 31 Jan 2012 W fare or higher[updated]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DEQM for ORD-SFO/LAX/SNA: 3 Nov- 31 Jan 2012 W fare or higher[updated]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 3, 2011, 6:13 pm

Programs: UA Gold/0.744MM, WN AL, Hyatt Diamond, MR Scum, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC
Originally Posted by chaschas
all my travel was on united metal
Metal doesn't matter (OP was on UA metal as well I believe - LAX-ORD) What matters is whether you are crediting to OnePass or MileagePlus
Old Dec 3, 2011, 6:25 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA ExPlat, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by jasonvr
Metal doesn't matter (OP was on UA metal as well I believe - LAX-ORD) What matters is whether you are crediting to OnePass or MileagePlus
in my case the 7k was credited to MileagePlus
Old Dec 3, 2011, 6:42 pm

Programs: UA Gold/0.744MM, WN AL, Hyatt Diamond, MR Scum, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC
Originally Posted by chaschas
in my case the 7k was credited to MileagePlus
OK, but you were unsure of whether your bump came from the DEQM promo since it wasn't listed in your activity. You also asked the OP for a screenshot, but the OP's screenshot would be for a OnePass account.

In the previous DEQM promo, the DRDM showed up a line item in your activity like this:

DOUBLE EQM AND AWARD MILES - MPD771
The DEQM showed up in the mysterious and completely non-itemized "Bonus for promotions and booking codes" category. Only people who religiously watched that number and tracked their activity (most likely with a spreadsheet like I do) knew when things posted, though I think the DRDM and DEQM did post simultaneously.

Edit:
Oh, and I'm not trying to be confrontational (if I seem to be coming off that way). Just trying to manage your expectations wrt posting to MP vs OP. If MP is truly already crediting, that would be great and much better than the previous promo!
Old Dec 3, 2011, 6:51 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA ExPlat, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by jasonvr
The DEQM showed up in the mysterious and completely non-itemized "Bonus for promotions and booking codes" category. Only people who religiously watched that number and tracked their activity (most likely with a spreadsheet like I do) knew when things posted, though I think the DRDM and DEQM did post simultaneously.

Edit:
Oh, and I'm not trying to be confrontational (if I seem to be coming off that way). Just trying to manage your expectations wrt posting to MP vs OP. If MP is truly already crediting, that would be great and much better than the previous promo!
Yup thats what i was afraid of. Yeah I remember the last great DEQM promotion of 09 and it clearly listed bonus miles as its own entry in your activity page.

But yeah, seems like all we will see in MP site is the number go up under "bonus for promo".

So yeah, as far as I can see, MP is definitely already crediting. That roundtrip was from NOV 13 to 17. I have another one from the following week (two weeks ago) and another one from the one after (this last week), so it will be interesting to see when those other bonuses come in.
Old Dec 5, 2011, 8:08 am

Programs: Bonvoy LT Gold, Hilton Silver, Hyatt Discoverist, Hertz PC, National EE
UA CSM told me posting starts 12/1

When I called UA MP CS to confirm my registration and eligibility of a r/t ORD-LAX trip I took last week, I asked about when the bonus miles would post. She told me they would start posting Dec 1st. Since that is less than 6-8 weeks after the start of the promotion as would be expected from the T&C I asked her to confirm. She said that's what she was told. FWIW.
Old Dec 6, 2011, 12:57 pm

Programs: Delta PLAT + 1K United for 2011, ????? for 2012
I am going to book this MR tonight , for a January flight

LAX-ORD- ?????
????-ORD-LAX

I have a $250 E-cert , and am 1K

Anyone have a good idea where to go on the ??? segment and still not have a overnight layover ,

Price around $400-$450 would be alright

Thanks for your ideas RB
Old Dec 6, 2011, 2:30 pm

Programs: Newly minted AA EXP Plat., disatisfied UA 1K, Marriott Silver & Hilton Gold
That is wickedly expensive for a MR. AA is pricing at about half that. Not sure UA has much of a real offer here. Last DEQM I did to Cali was $140 RT, AI (this year).
Old Dec 6, 2011, 3:37 pm

Programs: Delta PLAT + 1K United for 2011, ????? for 2012
Originally Posted by reddirt14
That is wickedly expensive for a MR. AA is pricing at about half that. Not sure UA has much of a real offer here. Last DEQM I did to Cali was $140 RT, AI (this year).
I agree since it needs to be in "W" , S fare is $250 or so
BUT the E-cert expires today so I might as well use it for this !

RB
Old Dec 6, 2011, 4:59 pm

Programs: AA PLT
Originally Posted by redondo-beach
I agree since it needs to be in "W" , S fare is $250 or so
BUT the E-cert expires today so I might as well use it for this !

RB
The January prices took a jump up in the last week.
Old Dec 7, 2011, 5:40 pm

Had one of these flights last night booked in W; I'm curious to see if the DEQMs actually come through, as the promotion has never showed up in the 'my promotions' tab (and yes, I did register).
Old Dec 7, 2011, 6:23 pm

Programs: UA 1K, HH Gold, Hertz Gold
Same here. Registered for promo, bust it doesn't show promo in my account. I won't be very happy if I pay for W fare and don't get the deqm!
Old Dec 7, 2011, 7:28 pm

Programs: UA 1MM 0P, AA, DL, *wood, Lifetime FPC Plat., IHG, HHD
Originally Posted by hellomarty
Same here. Registered for promo, bust it doesn't show promo in my account. I won't be very happy if I pay for W fare and don't get the deqm!
just call MP to confirm, they confirmed all our accounts and it still doesn't show up in the account profile.
Old Dec 8, 2011, 4:20 pm

Programs: AA-LEP,United-1K Again!, USAIR-CHRMN, MW Plat Prem, SW-Gold, Hilton-Silver, Hertz-Platnium
Question regarding DEQM

In the terms and conditions it states it must be a roundtrip ticket. I wanted to find out actual experiences. Has anyone successfully done this DEQM on a one way or multi leg. I am trying to get 21k miles before the end got the year. I know I am going to need a MR int here, but I am trying to minimize the MR but booking my business travel (read, clients money) through Chicago. My problem is with the holidays and my travel schedule, I am never on a traditional round trip

For instance - tomorrow I am looking to go PITT to SFO through ORD and then return on 12/19, but I would be flying from FAT (FAT to SFO to ORD to PITT) then.

Any thoughts?
Old Dec 8, 2011, 4:50 pm

Programs: UA, AA, DL
Originally Posted by calitequilasippergirl
In the terms and conditions it states it must be a roundtrip ticket. I wanted to find out actual experiences. Has anyone successfully done this DEQM on a one way or multi leg. I am trying to get 21k miles before the end got the year. I know I am going to need a MR int here, but I am trying to minimize the MR but booking my business travel (read, clients money) through Chicago. My problem is with the holidays and my travel schedule, I am never on a traditional round trip

For instance - tomorrow I am looking to go PITT to SFO through ORD and then return on 12/19, but I would be flying from FAT (FAT to SFO to ORD to PITT) then.

Any thoughts?
T&Cs in CO's version of this DEQM promo don't require a RT. See here:

http://www.continental.com/web/en-US...omoCode=TB3M61

MOre info in this thread too:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/milea...promos-12.html
Old Dec 8, 2011, 5:06 pm

Programs: 1K 2010, 1P in 2011, Plat for 2012,13,14,15 & 2016. Gold in 17 & 18, Plat since
Originally Posted by calitequilasippergirl

Any thoughts?
You aren't going to get UA to bend on the rules. You're going to have to fly an outbound and inbound leg that's a combination of SFO/SNA/LAX & ORD.

However, apparently the CO version allows for deqm on one-way trips through the same airports. Still W fare class or higher, and there are very, very few reasonably-priced W fares to be had. Perhaps zero by now. You'll be likely billing your client double the standard coach fare for a trip in W. Not only that, but I've had very little success coming up with W fares for the relevant SFO/ORD leg that didn't also include high-bucket fares for the other legs. So when I was researching SFO-BOS mileage runs through ORD, I was getting $800 for fares that qualified for DEQM and about $270 otherwise.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.