Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

DEQM for ORD-SFO/LAX/SNA: 3 Nov- 31 Jan 2012 W fare or higher[updated]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 20, 2011, 10:25 am
Moderator: United Airlines
Original Poster

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat

Moderator note: A new version of this promotion has been announced for 4 Nov - 31 Jan 2012 with t&cs here: http://www.united.com/page/article/1,,53880,00.html

Did not see this or find it in a search

Found this in My Promotions today (had not checked in weeks)
No registration link, just a register hyperlink in MyPromotions

MPD771
Offer: Register and fly between Chicago (ORD) and Los Angeles (LAX) or San Francisco (SFO) on United® or Continental® by August 31, 2011, and earn double elite status miles (EQM) and double award miles. Even better, there's no limit to how many miles you can earn. Don't miss this chance to put your elite status on the fast-track. Register and fly today!

Ticketing dates: May 19, 2011 through August 31, 2011
Travel dates: May 19, 2011 through August 31, 2011

Offer valid only for Mileage Plus® members residing in Illinois and California. Residency will be determined by the primary address on the Mileage Plus account as of May 19, 2011.
Offer valid on nonstop flights between Chicago O'Hare (ORD) airport and Los Angeles (LAX) or San Francisco (SFO), on roundtrip itineraries for travel solely between Chicago O'Hare and Los Angeles (LAX) or San Francisco (SFO) and not on any connecting or additional city on the ticket.

Registration is required before travel begins and must be completed before August 31, 2011.
To be eligible for the offer, registration is required at united.com/offer/mpd771
Registered members will earn double elite status miles (EQM) and double award miles on all paid published fares flown during the offer period. Offer not valid on government fares.
Travel period: May 19, 2011 to August 31, 2011.
Ticketing period: May 19, 2011 to August 31, 2011.
Participation in this offer does not guarantee elite status.
E-Ticket® purchase required.
For tickets purchased in the U.S.: Tickets purchased through United Reservations are subject to a $25 ticketing fee and tickets purchased at airport ticket counters are subject to a $30 ticketing fee. Fees are subject to change.
Double EQM and double award miles are defined as two times the actual base flight miles credited to the account for qualifying flights taken during the offer period.
Bonus award miles and bonus EQM will be credited six (6) to eight (8) weeks after qualifying activity.
To be eligible, qualifying travel must be posted to the Mileage Plus account no later than December 30, 2011.
This offer does not apply to class-of-service bonus miles, elite bonus miles, other promotional award miles or promotional EQM.
Offer is not combinable with other non-combinable offers.
Passenger must be a member of the Mileage Plus frequent flyer program for travel to qualify for this offer. Flights must be credited to the Mileage Plus account in order to qualify.
Offer valid on flights operated by United® and Continental®; offer is not valid on United or Continental-marketed codeshare flights operated by other carriers or on Star Alliance® flights.
Elite status miles (EQM) cannot be redeemed for award travel.
Offer subject to change without notice. Other restrictions may apply.
Miles accrued, awards issued and bonus offers are subject to the rules of the Mileage Plus program. The Mileage Plus program, including accruals, awards and a bonus mile offers, is subject to change without notice. Taxes and fees related to award travel are the responsibility of the passenger. United, Continental and Mileage Plus are registered service marks. For complete details about the Mileage Plus program, visit mileageplus.com. (MPD771)

Last edited by l etoile; Nov 4, 2011 at 1:16 am
Old May 20, 2011, 10:31 am

Programs: UA 1K
You just beat me to this!

Looks like out of LAX you can get 0.034cpm if you get t-wares. I haven't looked at fares to see if there's anything cheaper available.
Old May 20, 2011, 10:45 am

Programs: UA 1K/1.5MM, HHonors Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium, Hertz PC, National Emerald Executive
This blows! I have two ORD-SFO trips coming up within next two weeks that don't qualify because of ticketing dates....
Old May 20, 2011, 10:45 am
Moderator: United Airlines
Original Poster

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
probably related to

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...fo-loaded.html

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...ted-il-ca.html
Old May 20, 2011, 10:46 am

Programs: AA, UA, GE
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
Did not see this or find it in a search
Found this in My Promotions today (had not checked in weeks)
No registration link, just a register hyperlink in MyPromotions
[
It was not there yesterday when I checked (around noon CDT).

I found it about 20 minutes ago in My Promotions.
Old May 20, 2011, 10:49 am

Programs: I want to be free! Free!
Just what we need in SF and ORD... elite inflation...
Old May 20, 2011, 10:56 am

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Radisson Premium
That's too bad that it does not allow you to connect onward.
Old May 20, 2011, 11:01 am

Programs: UA G
Originally Posted by demkr
The AA version has been heavily abused by not having this restriction. Given how long UA waited, I'm sure they learned from AA's mistake (sadly...)
Old May 20, 2011, 11:02 am

Programs: UA MP
Awesome, thanks for the heads up. I'll be able to take advantage of this next week.
Old May 20, 2011, 11:03 am

Direct signup link: http://united.com/offer/mpd771
Old May 20, 2011, 11:10 am

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Radisson Premium
Originally Posted by unavaca
The AA version has been heavily abused by not having this restriction. Given how long UA waited, I'm sure they learned from AA's mistake (sadly...)
That's true-atleast with this one people will likely have to pony up $ for as opposed to doing $109 SFO-DFW-LGA/BDL/DCA runs (3 years strong doing that one)
Old May 20, 2011, 11:16 am

Programs: None - previously UA
Originally Posted by demkr
Yes but it does allow the SFO/LAX-ORD segments to count on an onward connection.

Last edited by escapefromphl; May 20, 2011 at 11:16 am Reason: correction
Old May 20, 2011, 11:18 am

Originally Posted by escapefromphl
Yes but it does allow the SFO/LAX-ORD segments to count on an onward connection.
No it doesn't. The rules explicitly prohibit this.

roundtrip itineraries for travel solely between Chicago O'Hare and Los Angeles (LAX) or San Francisco (SFO) and not on any connecting or additional city on the ticket.
This promo is pretty much only for SFO-ORD and LAX-ORD roundtrip non-stop.
Old May 20, 2011, 11:28 am

Programs: None - previously UA
"Offer valid on nonstop flights between Chicago O'Hare (ORD) airport and Los Angeles (LAX) or San Francisco (SFO), on roundtrip itineraries for travel solely between Chicago O'Hare and Los Angeles (LAX) or San Francisco (SFO) and not on any connecting or additional city on the ticket."

Originally Posted by unavaca
This promo is pretty much only for SFO-ORD and LAX-ORD roundtrip non-stop.
Does that just mean the DEQM offer doesn't count for those segments that are not LAX/SFO - ORD or is does it restrict it to non-stop roundtrip tickets with origin destination LAX/SFO or ORD? It's slightly poorly worded.
Old May 20, 2011, 11:30 am

Programs: UA 1K (2MM), Marriott Lifetime Titanium (UGH), Uber Diamond
Whew - glad I waited. I just ticketed a SFO-ORD round trip this morning sitting in the ORD RCC on my way home. Then I log onto FT and see this thread. My lucky day.

I too have 3 trips connecting through ORD and 1 SFO-ORD RT already booked. Oh well. You win some, you lose some.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.