Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Everything You Want to Know About Where to Sit on a sUA 767 (3-class International)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 9, 2017, 11:00 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: drewguy
Print Wikipost

Everything You Want to Know About Where to Sit on a sUA 767 (3-class International)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 4, 2017, 10:43 pm

Programs: UA
I have a LHR EWR on this bird, does 13/14 open up around checkin?
Old Mar 9, 2017, 8:33 am

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, IHG Silver, Hilton Silver, Hertz PC, National Exec Elite, Avis PC
Originally Posted by thejaredhuang
I have a LHR EWR on this bird, does 13/14 open up around checkin?
If it does, it will be by accident, and the GA will reassign you.
Old Mar 18, 2017, 11:22 am

Programs: UA 1K / *G, Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Avis PC
My EWR-HAM flight got switched to an sUA 763 overnight. Does anyone have preferences on where to sit? I got auto-defaulted to 6A/B. Redeye and traveling with my wife, so not as sensitive to having all-aisle access (since we will be asleep right after dinner service ends). Prefer rear-facing seats for sleeping.
Old Mar 18, 2017, 11:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Originally Posted by PsiFighter37
My EWR-HAM flight got switched to an sUA 763 overnight. Does anyone have preferences on where to sit? I got auto-defaulted to 6A/B. Redeye and traveling with my wife, so not as sensitive to having all-aisle access (since we will be asleep right after dinner service ends). Prefer rear-facing seats for sleeping.
I've always been a fan of 8A/B. Rear facing and it's not too close to the galley to be bothered by noise.
Old Mar 20, 2017, 10:59 am

We also just got swapped from a 2-class to a 3-class for a transatlantic out of Newark. Any thoughts for a family of 4? I took 8J/K and 9J/K, figuring we could look over the top to check on each other, but it's hard to envision the set up and the pictures I'm finding on the internet are hard to decipher. I've never flown this config. Many thanks in advance.
Old Mar 20, 2017, 11:29 am
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA LT Plat 2MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by lkar
We also just got swapped from a 2-class to a 3-class for a transatlantic out of Newark. Any thoughts for a family of 4? I took 8J/K and 9J/K, figuring we could look over the top to check on each other, but it's hard to envision the set up and the pictures I'm finding on the internet are hard to decipher. ...
Yes, that should work fine -- the screen displays will be back to back and the height is about 4 feet.
Old Mar 20, 2017, 12:13 pm

Is the general thought for solo travelers on overnight flights that 8 C/H are the best seats due to forward facing with aisle access so you don't have to deal with a seatmate to go in/out?
Old Mar 20, 2017, 1:52 pm

Programs: UA
Originally Posted by Say Vandelay
If it does, it will be by accident, and the GA will reassign you.
So all the reports of people getting meals in 13/14 are from domestic hops i guess?
Old Mar 20, 2017, 2:17 pm

Programs: UA 1k, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by FriendlySkies
I've always been a fan of 8A/B. Rear facing and it's not too close to the galley to be bothered by noise.

Actually just switched my seats to 8A/B thanks to your recommendation.
Old May 10, 2017, 12:03 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
According to EF, 6 H+C are blocked on both my flights (ORD-LHR r/t).
Are these crew rest, or do they eventually open up, and if so, when?
Old May 10, 2017, 7:14 pm
Moderator: Midwest, Las Vegas & Dining Buzz

Originally Posted by chavala
They open exactly 24 hours before the flight.
Old May 13, 2017, 6:29 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
United changed equipment & route - no notice. Looking for options.

The fine folk at United have changed my return from AMS in August - without any notification whatsoever. I was booked AMS-IAH-CLE in E+. I choose that routing as one of the pax is 6'8". Row 16 on the AMS-IAH 777 has plenty of legroom. We are now rebooked AMS-ORD-CLE, on a 763 for the AMS-ORD segment. That raises a couple questions:

Which row of the 763 in E+ would be best for the tall guy?

Would I be better off pressing for a different routing, such as AMS-IAD-CLE so that I can get into a 764 - if it has somewhat better seats?

Suggestions for other routes/equipment?
Old May 13, 2017, 7:39 am

Programs: UA 2MM
Originally Posted by Surface Interval
The fine folk at United have changed my return from AMS in August - without any notification whatsoever. I was booked AMS-IAH-CLE in E+. I choose that routing as one of the pax is 6'8". Row 16 on the AMS-IAH 777 has plenty of legroom. We are now rebooked AMS-ORD-CLE, on a 763 for the AMS-ORD segment. That raises a couple questions:

Which row of the 763 in E+ would be best for the tall guy?

Would I be better off pressing for a different routing, such as AMS-IAD-CLE so that I can get into a 764 - if it has somewhat better seats?

Suggestions for other routes/equipment?
Did they chance it to a 2 or 3 cabin 763, if it is the 3 cabin it is old UA seats and while outdated I think more comfortable than CO seats. The exit row has a ton of legroom on that so I would recommend that.

For the 2 cabin you won't notice much of a difference from the 764, I would recommend a bulkhead or exit row
Old May 13, 2017, 9:17 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by N104UA
Did they chance it to a 2 or 3 cabin 763, if it is the 3 cabin it is old UA seats and while outdated I think more comfortable than CO seats. The exit row has a ton of legroom on that so I would recommend that.

For the 2 cabin you won't notice much of a difference from the 764, I would recommend a bulkhead or exit row
It is the 3 cabin 763. Moved to the 2nd exit row as the first exit row has no recline.

Thank you!
Old May 13, 2017, 8:46 pm

Programs: UA 2MM
Originally Posted by chavala
They are blocked as ADA seats, assuming they aren't filled they will open up at OLCI

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.