Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

[Targeted] Purchase/travel major $$$ ticket by 15 Nov 2017 and earn bonus miles

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 14, 2017, 1:31 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
link ---- Similiar to last year's (2016) promo
Targeted and offers vary

Terms and conditions:

For this promotion, only dollars spent on the "fare" on eligible flights operated by United® and United Express® will qualify toward meeting spending milestones. Certain specialty tickets, including but not limited to unpublished, consolidator/bulk, group, tour and opaque fares, will not be counted towards spending milestones. Dollars spent on tickets purchased for flights operated by Star Alliance™ member airline or a United MileagePlus® partner airline with tickets issued by United (ticket number starting with "016") will not qualify for this offer. The "fare" is the base fare of the ticket plus carrier-imposed surcharges, excluding any government-imposed taxes and surcharges. For tickets purchased in a currency other than U.S. dollars, we will convert the purchase to U.S. dollars using an industry standard exchange rate and then calculate the number of miles you will earn. Please note that the price displayed when purchasing a ticket on united.com includes up to a 7.5% U.S. Federal Transportation Tax on the base amount of the fare on itineraries wholly within the United States. This tax also applies to certain itineraries between the United States and Canada or Mexico. You will not earn Premier® qualifying dollars (PQD) or award miles for the full amount of the displayed price for these itineraries because the U.S. Federal Transportation tax is not eligible to earn PQD or miles.

For this promotion, rewards will be awarded for each spending threshold that has been met, subject to the terms and conditions. Threshold bonuses may be earned only once. Partial bonuses will not be awarded for members who don't reach a certain threshold. All calculations made in connection with this offer will be made by MileagePlus in its discretion and considered final.
1. Only original recipients of this email invitation can register and participate in this promotion.
2. Registration is required by November 1, 2017. Only tickets purchased and ticketed after registration and within the ticketing dates will qualify.
3. Ticketing dates: September 14, 2017, through November 15, 2017.
4. Offer is valid for travel beginning on or after September 14, 2017, and completed on or before November 15, 2017.

5. Tickets purchased in Basic Economy (N fare class) are not eligible for this promotion.
6. Offer is not valid on government fares.
7. Qualifying flight activity must be posted to the member's MileagePlus account in order to qualify for this offer.
8. Flights on award travel tickets and other tickets that do not earn Premier qualifying credits do not qualify for meeting the requirements of this offer.
9. This offer is not combinable with other non-combinable offers.
10. Bonus will post to your MileagePlus account six to eight weeks after the promotion end on November 15, 2017. Bonus will be calculated using the originally ticketed fare and/or fare classes and Economy Plus® purchases, as applicable, and subsequent changes to any fare and/or fare classes as a result of itinerary changes, complimentary or paid upgrade, purchase of travel products (including but not limited to United ClubSM, Premier Access®, Award Accelerator®, Premier AcceleratorSM), irregular operations or otherwise will not be considered.
11. Bonus award miles are redeemable miles and do not count toward Premier status. Award miles do not apply to class-of-service bonus miles, Premier bonus miles or promotional Premier qualifying miles.
12. Dollars earned toward this promotion will count as Premier qualifying dollars (PQD) toward MileagePlus Premier status qualification, but do not guarantee status. All other requirements must be met for the applicable Premier status.
13. E-Ticket purchase is required. Service charges for ticketing with a United representative in the 50 United States, District of Columbia and Canada are $25 by phone, $30 at a City Ticket Office and $35 in person at the airport. Ticketing charges may vary outside of the U.S. and Canada and based on MileagePlus status level. The ticketing service charge does not apply for tickets purchased on united.com. Service charges are subject to change without notice.
14. Offer is subject to change without notice. Other restrictions may apply.
Print Wikipost

[Targeted] Purchase/travel major $$$ ticket by 15 Nov 2017 and earn bonus miles

Search this Thread

Old Sep 15, 2017, 12:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Originally Posted by PsiFighter37
$5600 --> 27,000 miles
$10,100 --> 180,000 miles

Flattered that they think I'm going to blow 10 G's in the next 2 months...
Yeah.. I got

$6,300 -> 16k miles
$10,500 -> 141.5k miles

I might even have a shot at the first, except it requires UA metal.. so nope. Promotion was much better last year.
Old Sep 15, 2017, 1:09 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Radisson Premium
$6400-31,000
$8000-54,000
Old Sep 15, 2017, 1:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Not eligible.

I guess my money isn't as good as others.

End of the year money is more discretionary, as already locked in 1K again.

Strange.
Old Sep 15, 2017, 2:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
UA Bonus Award Miles Offer (Targeted?)

$5,700 (22K miles)
$7,100 (22K + 41.5K miles = 63.5K miles)

Travel must be done on or before 11/15. UA metal only.

Not sure if this is a targeted offer, but it's a steep proposition.
Old Sep 15, 2017, 2:35 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G, Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Avis PC
Originally Posted by findark
Yeah.. I got

$6,300 -> 16k miles
$10,500 -> 141.5k miles

I might even have a shot at the first, except it requires UA metal.. so nope. Promotion was much better last year.
I wonder how they come up with these numbers. They should be able to tell by my spending habits that I never book last-minute tickets (not much of a business flyer).
Old Sep 15, 2017, 2:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Originally Posted by PsiFighter37
I wonder how they come up with these numbers. They should be able to tell by my spending habits that I never book last-minute tickets (not much of a business flyer).
Status seems to be the overwhelming factor. Last year there were GS reporting thresholds like $36k. But yeah, expecting me to spend $11k in two months when I've never crossed 20k PQD in a year...
Old Sep 15, 2017, 2:51 pm

Programs: UA-GS 1MM), Hertz Pres Circle, Starriott Titanium)
Not Eligible
Old Sep 15, 2017, 2:57 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G, Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Avis PC
Originally Posted by findark
Status seems to be the overwhelming factor. Last year there were GS reporting thresholds like $36k. But yeah, expecting me to spend $11k in two months when I've never crossed 20k PQD in a year...
Maybe trying to incentivize the unwitting to blindly shoot for GS
Old Sep 15, 2017, 4:23 pm

My offer is similar to others

$5.8K for 22,500 miles
$7.2K for an additional 42,000 miles
Old Sep 15, 2017, 4:46 pm

$4600 for 99,500 total miles

$1900 for 22000

$4600 for next 77500
Old Sep 15, 2017, 5:00 pm

Location: Rowley, MA / Edgartown, MA / Christiansted, St. Croix (USVI)
Programs: UA LT GS/4.96MM, Marriott LT Titanium, IHG Platinum, Global Entry, TSA Pre✓, Korea SeS, APEC
Not sure of the logic of some folks not being eligible
, what’s UA goal?
Old Sep 15, 2017, 5:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Not eligible though did get it last year.

For the better anyway since I just booked the rest of my paid travel for the year (at least what I have planned) on DL as I chase DL status though probably would've put all of that to UA if I'd gotten this kind of offer 10 days ago
Old Sep 15, 2017, 5:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Unfortunately, the account number you entered is not eligible for this offer.

well, I am at $50k PQD ... clearly UA is satisfied with that already
Old Sep 15, 2017, 5:34 pm

Programs: -=- UA: GS + 3.9 Million Miler; Hilton: Diamond; Marriott: Gold; Hertz: President's Circle
Not eligible. >300k PQM and >$60k PQD.
Old Sep 15, 2017, 7:12 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist
Not eligible.
94K PQM and $17K PQD YTD.

Too bad, I have trip to China (minimum ticket price around $6.8K) in November that could have netted some bonus miles.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.