Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

SFO Family Day 2017 - Farewell to the Queen

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 4, 2017, 5:46 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Print Wikipost

SFO Family Day 2017 - Farewell to the Queen

Search this Thread

Old Sep 4, 2017, 2:44 am

I would imagine they are expecting a larger than normal amount of employees and their family's/friends attending this year, hence the silence to the public this far. They're probably waiting to determine how many employees request wristbands before opening up requests to the public.

I've been told he company will plan to fly one 744 over the bay, and have another open for tours at the MOC.
Old Sep 4, 2017, 7:08 am

Programs: UA Silver, AA, WN, DL
Originally Posted by tuolumne
I would imagine they are expecting a larger than normal amount of employees and their family's/friends attending this year, hence the silence to the public this far. They're probably waiting to determine how many employees request wristbands before opening up requests to the public.

I've been told he company will plan to fly one 744 over the bay, and have another open for tours at the MOC.
I wish they had one for last year's event.
Old Sep 4, 2017, 4:32 pm

https://www.ruaea.org/resources/2017...-Day-Flyer.pdf
Old Sep 30, 2017, 9:48 am

Programs: UA 1K MM *G
Guessing FTers are not invited this year unless I missed something. Been fortunate to have attended the last three years. Was hoping to go again this year.
Old Sep 30, 2017, 10:53 am

FWIW, as an employee I tried to pick up tickets for family yesterday. Was told no more advanced tickets and that they were expecting 20,000 people. Yes 20,000.
Old Sep 30, 2017, 12:06 pm

Programs: All the programs!
Wow should be quite a crowd. Looking forward to photos of the festivities from those lucky enough to attend.
Old Sep 30, 2017, 6:17 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, Accor Plat, Htz PC, Natl ExEm, other random status
Honestly, having been to a number of them over the years, they've become less and less interesting. Maybe it's a question of "same old, same old" but it's a couple of aircraft tours on planes I travel on regularly, some classic cars and some booths focused on employees (which makes sense). The MOC tour is interesting, but once.

I wish they opened it up to FT members for those people who haven't been able to go before, but I would not have signed up this time. Knowing that they're expecting 20K people, I can't imagine going.
Old Sep 30, 2017, 6:48 pm

Got a confirmation! See you guys there!
Old Sep 30, 2017, 7:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*G, AA Emerald, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt globalist
Originally Posted by FoxtrotSierra
Got a confirmation! See you guys there!
As an employee ? Or through TPG ?
Old Oct 2, 2017, 2:31 am

Originally Posted by ORDnHKG
As an employee ? Or through TPG ?
By emailing Oscar Munoz (I swear I'm not making this up). I have no FF status whatsoever, I just emailed UA far in advance of the event (around a month's notice) with a passionately written email, and he pointed me in the right direction, to get in contact with the right people. Much to my amazement, I did get confirmed, although there was an incredible amount of luck involved in this process as well. Don't believe anyone that says CEO's don't have time to reply to your email, be persistent and they will see it eventually. Can't wait to meet Oscar!
greg99, Pat89339, landrew and 5 others like this.
Old Oct 3, 2017, 11:37 am

As a resident near SFO, anyone want to take me? Hah. Should I try emailing UA like @FoxtrotSierra did?
Old Oct 4, 2017, 2:46 pm

Wristband Give away!

I have eight wristbands for the UA family day Event, that I won’t be able to use , if anyone wants them please PM me , you would have to come to the East Bay to get them , I am in the Alameda/Oakland area.

GONE

Last edited by sf4dfish; Oct 5, 2017 at 8:36 am Reason: all given away
Old Oct 4, 2017, 9:55 pm

Are there any employees around? My father is a retiree and requested four wristbands so my family and I can attend. He has received confirmation that the wristbands will be at will call. He has emailed twice to confirm that I will be able to pick them up and hasn't received a response. We're coming up from LA for this so we need to make hotel reservations for Friday and Saturday night but I don't want to get there and be turned away at will call. Does anyone know if it is okay for a family member to pick up the wristbands, or is there a rule that only the employee/retiree can pick them up? Thanks to anyone that can help!
Old Oct 4, 2017, 10:01 pm

Originally Posted by princeville
Are there any employees around? My father is a retiree and requested four wristbands so my family and I can attend. He has received confirmation that the wristbands will be at will call. He has emailed twice to confirm that I will be able to pick them up and hasn't received a response. We're coming up from LA for this so we need to make hotel reservations for Friday and Saturday night but I don't want to get there and be turned away at will call. Does anyone know if it is okay for a family member to pick up the wristbands, or is there a rule that only the employee/retiree can pick them up? Thanks to anyone that can help!
This tidbit from the conf probably applies to you:

"For guests arriving without their employee sponsors, please make sure you have their name, file number and wherever possible a copy of your confirmation e-mail. This will help speed along the will-call process."
Old Oct 4, 2017, 10:04 pm

Originally Posted by FoxtrotSierra
This tidbit from the conf probably applies to you:

"For guests arriving without their employee sponsors, please make sure you have their name, file number and wherever possible a copy of your confirmation e-mail. This will help speed along the will-call process."
Perfect - I have all of the above. Thanks so much!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.