Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

1k PQMs but not enough money (PQDs) spent

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

1k PQMs but not enough money (PQDs) spent

Search this Thread

Old Sep 22, 2017, 4:13 pm

Programs: United Global Services, Amtrak Select Executive
Thanks for links!!
Old Sep 23, 2017, 1:17 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Citi Prestige, AMEX Platinum, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Kacee
If you haven't flown it yet, disregard what the website says. It's often wrong. There's not a problem until the miles fail to post after the flight.
So I called United, and they said that they "played" with it and found that if they credited me the PQD for those flights, I wouldn't get the PQM. The only way to get it to end up properly crediting was to roll the PQDs into the UA metal segments. Then they tried to tell me I got the right number of PQDs by comparing the PQDs I earned to the EUR that the ticket cost, which was really weird.

Well, I've got 3 months left to find about 800 PQDs, which should theoretically not be that hard. I could easily have to buy a last-minute transcon that costs that much, except for the fact that taxes and fees could put me within the margin of error.

I wonder how much it would have cost to upfare some K segments on LH metal to L, as this would have cost less than $1/PQD (by costing only the price difference while netting me the whole cost of the segment).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.