Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

United Lounge options at IAD - Where do I go?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

United Lounge options at IAD - Where do I go?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 15, 2017, 7:29 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by mvitale
About the only exception was the C8 Club, but that was at least partially because it's so off the main highway, that it was often less crowded. Even on Thursday afternoons.
My favorite UC at IAD.
Old Jun 15, 2017, 7:39 am

Programs: AA Plat, UA 1K>Plat>moving to Silver
Originally Posted by mvitale
This. This, this, and more this.

From 2014-2016, I flew out of IAD weekly. Even though I have a UC membership, I found myself at Bar Symon far more often than I did at the United Club. Even when my flight was at some of the C gates, I still preferred taking the moon buggy ride to D, sitting at Bar Symon, and then walking to going into the UC.

About the only exception was the C8 Club, but that was at least partially because it's so off the main highway, that it was often less crowded. Even on Thursday afternoons.

-mvitale
For me, UC Club at IAD = free newspapers. Sometimes I just walk in, grab them and go. Other times, I am looking for a place to work, and the crowding situation can make that useless. But the front desk will tell sometimes tell you if any of the others aren't crowded.
Old Jun 15, 2017, 9:05 am
Original Poster

Programs: Holder of six "persona non-grata" awards
So if possible, please confirm:
As long as I'm holding a FC boarding pass on a UA flight, I can possibly get into the LH lounge in concourse B? Will they require a MP status card (which I don't have), or is the BP enough?

Thanks.

Originally Posted by thejaredhuang
I can confirm that they will, at least last year they did. The LH lounge is a far enough trek away that they don't get too many UA people mooching off of their far superior lounge.
Old Jun 15, 2017, 9:20 am

Programs: UA Life Gold, Marriott Life Titanium
Give it a try. Report back if they let you in or not.
Old Jun 15, 2017, 11:26 am

Programs: UA
Originally Posted by fozziedoggie
So if possible, please confirm:
As long as I'm holding a FC boarding pass on a UA flight, I can possibly get into the LH lounge in concourse B? Will they require a MP status card (which I don't have), or is the BP enough?

Thanks.
BP was enough. They never ask for my card when I go on a Y ticket with UA *G.
Old Jun 15, 2017, 11:53 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, AA, DL
Originally Posted by thejaredhuang
BP was enough. They never ask for my card when I go on a Y ticket with UA *G.
Though different issue - a domestic BP for a *G member clearly entitles the passenger to access at the LH lounge. A domestic BP in F for a non-*G may or may not.
Old Jun 15, 2017, 4:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by catocony
Give it a try. Report back if they let you in or not.
The worst that will happen is being told "This is not possible".
Old Jun 15, 2017, 5:14 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
A domestic F BP does not qualify for *G, e.g. LH entry. It's just that the LH receptionists may not have cottoned on to that.

But, LH bills UA for the entry, so at some point someone auditing UA's payments through *A will figure it out and the LH receptionists will get clear orders.

So, worst you get is that you drag yourself over to LH, get told no and do the "shuffle of shame" out of the place.

A better deal is to forget lounges on a non-stop xIAD. You are seated in F on a 3-class aircraft, so OH space is not an issue. There is no reason to arrive at IAD earlier than necessary to board at T-15. Lounges may be useful on connections or if you are at loose ends for hours.
Old Jun 15, 2017, 5:48 pm
1P

Location: LAX and LHR. UA lifetime Gold 1.9MM 1K , DL Gold Medallion, HHonors Gold, Marriott Gold, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by Ber2dca
These tons of great food & drink options have somehow eluded me so far.
Well, Vino Volo ain't bad.....
Old Jun 15, 2017, 8:03 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Holder of six "persona non-grata" awards
Agree, but I may not get the late checkout I need from the Marriott, so plan B....

Originally Posted by Often1
A domestic F BP does not qualify for *G, e.g. LH entry. It's just that the LH receptionists may not have cottoned on to that.

But, LH bills UA for the entry, so at some point someone auditing UA's payments through *A will figure it out and the LH receptionists will get clear orders.

So, worst you get is that you drag yourself over to LH, get told no and do the "shuffle of shame" out of the place.

A better deal is to forget lounges on a non-stop xIAD. You are seated in F on a 3-class aircraft, so OH space is not an issue. There is no reason to arrive at IAD earlier than necessary to board at T-15. Lounges may be useful on connections or if you are at loose ends for hours.
Old Jun 15, 2017, 11:32 pm

Programs: UA Life Gold, Marriott Life Titanium
You most likely will not get into the Lufthansa clubs. I've used it before on domestic flights, but I'm *G. Most others here are in the same boat.
Old Jun 16, 2017, 6:57 am

Originally Posted by 1P
Well, Vino Volo ain't bad.....
Unfortunately, I find that when the UC clubs are crowded, it is because there are a lot of flight at that time and the better restaurants and bars will be crowded, too. By the way, the gate guru app will tell you want restaurants and bars there are and where they are, so you can plan ahead.
Old Jun 16, 2017, 8:08 am

Programs: United Plat 2MM, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by halls120
Once they take one of the existing UCs for Polaris, this would be a critical add. Losing one of the existing 3 is going to make the remaining clubs untenable.
Existing 4, right? There are 3 UC's and a GFL, right? When done they will have 3 UCs and a Polaris.

Not that I am defending IAD. DC has two airports. National, and National Disgrace.
Old Jun 16, 2017, 8:47 am

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Originally Posted by IAH-OIL-TRASH
No - you have NO access to any United facility based just on your domestic F ticket. A domestic flight in F (whether or not on a Polaris-equipped plane) DOES NOT provide any United lounge access outside of p.s./Coast flights. If you are *G, you can use the LH lounge at IAD.
You can use the TK Lounge as well (Its a 2 minute walk from LH) at IAD..
Old Jun 16, 2017, 9:14 am

Originally Posted by Flying Machine
You can use the TK Lounge as well (Its a 2 minute walk from LH) at IAD..
Or both if you have time (or a UC Club card). The TK lounge really seems to be filling up, though, as the word gets out. A couple of weeks ago, late afternoon there were no seats in the front, and just a couple on that couch thing in the bar. Food was good, though. But no champers. LH Senator had much more room, and sekt.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.