Wiki Posts
Search

TLV-SFO crew question

Search this Thread

Old May 1, 2016, 10:25 pm
Original Poster

Programs: CO Platinum/1K, SPG Platinum/Ambassador
TLV-SFO crew question

UA 955 is going from a 789 to a sCO 777 in early June. Is it going to be staffed by NTA FAs flying a V or W pattern or are there SFO based sCO FAs that can fly 777s?
Old May 1, 2016, 11:17 pm

Originally Posted by dparkinson
UA 955 is going from a 789 to a sCO 777 in early June. Is it going to be staffed by NTA FAs flying a V or W pattern or are there SFO based sCO FAs that can fly 777s?
It will be staffed with SFI/SLS sCO FAs
Old May 2, 2016, 6:23 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA 2MM, Bonvoy LT Plt, Mets fan
In a limited sample size (out on 954, back on 955), it's obvious that the newbies who made up the vast majority of these crews need more seasoning. On my outbound, the purser (his name starts with an A) was top notch, and there was a veteran FA in the BF galley who knew her stuff; the rest of them were slow, awkward, unaware of processes & protocols, and generally incapable of reacting (they had to stop & process every question or request before knowing how/what to respond).

The inbound was worse: the purser was loud, abrupt, and bordered on rude -- and his comments in the BF galley (including about pax) were made so loudly that they might as well have been on the PA. The FAs didn't coordinate service (left aisle/right aisle), so my wife and I (in a D/E pair) ended up eating 5-10 minutes apart, which is rather awkward. The FA on "my" aisle had also worked our outbound on 954 (but in Y), and it was clear that he took to heart that his primary function was service: he didn't know anything about the wine choices (couldn't pronounce Pouilly-Fume -- and yes, I realize that I didn't accent the e, but my keyboard is limited), spread misinformation (meal choice, he said, was "guaranteed" to GS & 1K, but after 1K no other status mattered -- that was the explanation for why I got my entre, and Mrs CO FF (a mere PLT) didn't, until I asked him to double-check, and then suddenly she got her choice). The worst part was being woken 2x during the flight by the sound of FA conversation from the jumpseat area -- they didn't even take it in to the galley proper & close the curtains...

Compared to the service on 90/91 and 84/85, it's clear that these crews have a way to go.
Old May 2, 2016, 6:43 pm

Programs: UA 1K, SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by CO FF
meal choice, he said, was "guaranteed" to GS & 1K, but after 1K no other status mattered -- that was the explanation for why I got my entre, and Mrs CO FF (a mere PLT) didn't, until I asked him to double-check, and then suddenly she got her choice
That doesn't seem to be far off from the way I understand it to work. GS and 1K get priority. Otherwise, it goes front to back. So a general member in the first row would get priority over a platinum member in the last row.
Old May 2, 2016, 7:19 pm

SFI/SLS are relatively new bases having opened within the past few months. There are more new hires there then any other FA. One of the sCO FA classes that graduated had at least 85% of that class getting SFI. with the other 15% getting EWR & IAD. And this class had over 100 people graduate.
Old May 3, 2016, 9:18 am
Original Poster

Programs: CO Platinum/1K, SPG Platinum/Ambassador
It's been my experience that the NTA FAs are the surliest of the lot. I have had way better service from the Dulles and Houston based sCO international crews. I met an FA the other day who lives in Delaware but commutes to the SFI base because those crews are better to work with (sure it doesn't hurt he's much more senior there)

For those who take 84/90 with some regularity how are the crews?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.