Community
Wiki Posts
Search

United - Positive Experiences 2016

Search this Thread

Old Apr 7, 2016, 2:51 am

Programs: UA 1K / *G / Marriott PE / Expedia Gold+ / Hertz PC
There's been some who reported the cheese/cracksrs from the main meal (or perhaps left overs) have been saved my FAs on the longer flights to give out as a mid-flight snack.
Old Apr 7, 2016, 3:03 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
Happened to me once on a very empty FRA-IAH flight - F/A was proactively distributing cheese & crackers leftovers during the flight.
Old Apr 7, 2016, 3:04 am

Programs: A3 *G, Hertz PC, Accor Platinum, IHG Platinum, occasionally AS, LM, BA/Avios, Bonvoy.
I have seen them be quite proactive in saving anything that is fully sealed from meal trays, cheese & biscuits, bread rolls, biscuits/cakes. Quiet good thinking. Usually all end up in a tray somewhere round the galley.

Of course the new style service sometimes has cheese & biscuit packets to go with the drinks service so maybe that was what the OP's friend got?
Old Apr 7, 2016, 4:23 am

Originally Posted by 2P or not 2P
I have seen them be quite proactive in saving anything that is fully sealed from meal trays, cheese & biscuits, bread rolls, biscuits/cakes. Quiet good thinking. Usually all end up in a tray somewhere round the galley.

Of course the new style service sometimes has cheese & biscuit packets to go with the drinks service so maybe that was what the OP's friend got?
No. It was naptime for most people.

What amazed me was realizing that someone is hungry because they asked a question about the meal service. In my experience most of the time they give you what you ask-nothing more, maybe sometimes less. This is almost like a butler, telling you he has prepared the car, there is an umbrella in there because it may rain.
Old May 4, 2016, 4:29 pm

Programs: United, Turkish
Thank you note

Feel free to move to appropriate place

Just a thank you to United We were booked DCA ORD JAC on a flight which changed times leaving us only an hour connection in Chicago. With DWs disability this can get sticky. Called United and they very nicely changed us to an earlier flight from IAD, no charge no problem.
Old May 6, 2016, 7:11 pm

Programs: MileagePlus - Gold
United Airlines Lost and Found

There have been some recent stories about airline or cleaning crew stealing items left on planes, so I thought I would submit a more positive story.

Received an email today titled "UNITED AIRLINES LOST AND FOUND" and in the body text:

"This is Susan with UNITED AIRLINES LOST AND FOUND. Have you recently lost a Gray iPod, with the song “Hello” by Adele?

We have it in our Houston, Texas warehouse."

At first I thought this might be a fishing scheme but then I remembered that I *did* lose an iPod on a trip flying united early March. Considering that the iPod didn't have my email or name engraved on it that they somehow tracked it down. After a couple of back and forth emails with Susan, she was satisfied that she found the rightful owner and asked for my shipping address.

I asked her how in the heck they got my email address and knew that the iPod was mine? She replied that the cleaning crew found the item, listed the seat and flight and submitted it to the lost and found. The item then got shipped to the Houston "lost and found" warehouse and Susan cross checked the manifest and found my email address in the computer system. She mentioned that much of the time the items never get connected to the owner since people switch seats, do not submit a lost item form, or never respond to the email, etc. But I guess I was lucky this time.

Since I am a Premier 1K member, they are also sending it to me (Canada) for free. Kudos to the cleaning crew member that could have *easily* pocketed the ipod for their own use, especially since the unit doesn't have any security code and can be easily reset.
Old May 6, 2016, 8:01 pm

Programs: UA1K MM, JL JMB SAPPHIRE, Marriott Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
I left my iPad in the seat pocket twice, both in domestic F, both case I realized later after deboard then run back to gate and the GA return it to me after verifying my seat number.
Old May 6, 2016, 9:51 pm

Programs: United Mileage Plus Premier
UA 1753 EWR to LAS on May 4 in F. The "snack" was pretty much edible, we arrived 45 minutes early and they even had a gate for us. I only wish the people running this airline were half as good as the people working on the airplanes, the pilots and the FAs.
Old May 7, 2016, 12:29 am

Programs: UA OG-1K, Marriott Plat, Hertz PC
I complain about UG process for International Flights but.....

....I keep finding UA BF amenity kits all over my house, and that doesn't count the ones that my daughter has absconded with for her uses.

The W fare gamble, the will-it-clear prayers to the aluminum gods and the searches for R inventory are a pain, but I fly horizontal over oceans more often than not.
Old May 7, 2016, 10:05 am
LIH

Programs: UA GS 1.6MM UC | AA CK 0.7MM AC | Bonvoy Ambassador | Hyatt Globalist | Hertz PC
Had a very nice (and young) set of FAs on my SNA > ORD flight yesterday morning. They were DEN-based and both of them were attentive and welcoming. Really stood out to me.
Old May 7, 2016, 10:54 am

Programs: UA Platinum, *A Gold, Marriott Gold, NEXUS/GE
In the last few weeks I've flown from SEA to SIN via SFO & NRT, SIN to SEA via HKG & ORD, then SEA to MIA via EWR and MIA to SEA via IAH. Every single one of those flights was fantastic.

The flight attendants and gate agents were quite welcoming and excited to have us on board. It seemed like they were truly excited to do their job. When heading back from SIN the purser came by and greeted us by name. Each time he offered something a drink or asked for our food order, he would address us by name. The same thing happened on my trip to MIA and back from MIA. I'm frankly stunned by the great service.

The only poor experience was the check in agent at MIA, but I'm honestly not surprised by that. She was rude and didn't give a crap about the other customers only the premier folks. Even then she was rude to us.

Overall I'm quite happy to be flying United if all my flights continue to be like this. Frankly it makes me want to hit 1K this year and not switch to Delta.
Old May 11, 2016, 7:03 am

Programs: UA LT 1K, 3 MM; Marriott Titanium; IHG Platinum
IRROPS rebooking

I do not know whether other travelers have the similar experience or not recently. United is very aggressive in protecting me for later flights during IRROPS. I changed my flight from a cancelled flight to a later one. I still receive a customer appreciation email. Unfortunately, I cannot claim the token of appreciation because I was not on the cancelled flight.
Upgrade is another story. GA could not upgrade me after pax left a flight due to lengthy weather delay. I noticed FAs and they had to talk to caption and got an okay from GA. But I did officially not had an upgrade.
Old May 20, 2016, 2:08 am

Programs: UA 1K
I have two happy thoughts about United this morning, inflight on UA 945.

First, it's hard for me to imagine a better beer for an airplane than Goose IPA, what with the lower pressure and dulled tastebuds.. (Hey, it's 5pm somewhere, right? And in any event the beer tastes a whole lot better than the coffee.)

Second, as long as I'm praising UA, they narrowly avoided handing me a six-hour delay with a gate transfer via cart at IAH in April. UA 1084 was significantly delayed by flight path out of MSY because of thunderstorms over Louisiana, and I had only ~20 minutes on the ground in IAH before 1508 to BOS. Agent picked me up at the gate alongside a GS with a tight connection. My arrival really surprised the gate agents, who had given away my E+ aisle seat (no worries, they upgraded someone from the exit row to F and gave me his seat).

My checked bag even made that flight. ^
Old May 27, 2016, 5:26 am

Well done UA Gate staff / I'm a lucky lad

First of all I'm sorry to anyone stuck in Oslo. I was meant to be on UA39 OSL-EWR today - when it was time to board it was announced that there were unknown delays. When I heard this I immediately got on the phone to UA to try and switch to the SAS flight which was leaving in 30 mins. After 10 MINS on hold I gave up and went over to the gate agent not expecting much but she worked really hard and got me on the SAS flight direct to EWR. She was running between the 2 gates helping me out. So I'm now sat in J on a brand new A330 rather than a UA 757-200 which still hasnt taken off.

FWIW I was flying ZN ON UA AND I'M PREM PLAT
Old May 27, 2016, 5:35 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by EWRMAN
First of all I'm sorry to anyone stuck in Oslo. I was meant to be on UA39 OSL-EWR today - when it was time to board it was announced that there were unknown delays. When I heard this I immediately got on the phone to UA to try and switch to the SAS flight which was leaving in 30 mins. After 10 MINS on hold I gave up and went over to the gate agent not expecting much but she worked really hard and got me on the SAS flight direct to EWR. She was running between the 2 gates helping me out. So I'm now sat in J on a brand new A330 rather than a UA 757-200 which still hasnt taken off.

FWIW I was flying ZN ON UA AND I'M PREM PLAT
You're going to have a nice ride on that bird. Great food and wine as well. ^^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.