Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

[RUMOR] New Coffee coming to UA {updated} 1 Dec 2015?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[RUMOR] New Coffee coming to UA {updated} 1 Dec 2015?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 13, 2015, 12:42 am

Originally Posted by spin88
No 1: If you took San Fran and Seattle out of "America" 20 years ago, I might agree with you, today in the blue part of the country, you can get good coffee many places.
No. 2: The Japanese Airlines serve very good coffee, it can be done, and their coffee is even good in Y.
No. 3: VX has good coffee, try it some time.

But hey, you ought to visit SF some time, we would show you some good coffee, and better yet actually drinkable beer, that does not come in a can.
Oh boy...dissing Aussie beer? Now that's playing with gasoline!

Back on topic: my favorite chapter in the Freshpoo saga was when the comment cards were put in the United Club to solicit feedback on the coffee by Freshpoo. The comments one could leave were along the lines of this coffee is great, this coffee is fantastic or other. This is well documented in the original coffee thread.

Just another sign of the Smi/J culture that every anti-customer decision was correct and no one was allowed to question it.
Old Oct 13, 2015, 10:18 am
Original Member

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, AA EXP, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat Amb
If they are bringing back SBUX, I hope they will include the individual bottles of frappuccino like the olden days. Those were awesome with a shot of Bailey's added.
Old Oct 13, 2015, 3:37 pm

"individual bottles of frappuccino"

Point No. 1 proved, right there. )
Old Oct 13, 2015, 3:50 pm
Original Member

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, AA EXP, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat Amb
Originally Posted by secondsoprano
"individual bottles of frappuccino"

Point No. 1 proved, right there. )
Not really - I didn't call it coffee.
Old Oct 13, 2015, 4:16 pm
QBK

Programs: UA 1K-MM + UC, Marriott Plat, National Exec
Originally Posted by secondsoprano
This thread is hilarious. Americans discussing which coffee is better on United??

No. 1 - what Americans drink is not coffee.
No. 2 - you can't get decent coffee on a plane. Even Qantas can't make coffee on a plane.
No 3 - if you want anything even resembling coffee on a plane, you wouldn't fly an American airline.

And before you flame me - yes! I'm an Australian coffee snob. Hey, there are worse people.
Okay, I've been refraining from joining this thread, but it just got fun.

1. I agree with your stereotype, but what you really mean is "What the median American drinks is not coffee," or possibly "The median coffee available in the U.S. is not coffee." US coffee used to be uniformly terrible. Like beer (see note[*] below), we got our act together back in the 90s, and now you can get some really good coffee here. Although there's still plenty of terrible beer and terrible coffee if you don't know where to go.

1a. I will grant up front that Australian coffee is, generally speaking, the best in the world. (See note[*] below).

2. If you're gonna insist on a Campos flat white, then fine. Otherwise -- if we're just talking about solid, decent, acceptable coffee -- then the espressos in PMCO international J were surprisingly good before they removed them. And I had four solid cappucinos in OZ F last year.

3. With the removal of the PMCO espresso machines, I have to agree.

[*] Australian beer is frankly pxxx. And the US has the best beer in the world. (Although, to be fair, we also have more horrible beer than anywhere else).
Old Oct 13, 2015, 4:23 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
TOPIC REMINDER

While fun topics -- is what American's drink really coffee or the virtues of Australian beer (a very worth topic in my mind), none of this has anything to do with UA coffee. While there really isn't anything yet on the change or not, let's at least try to stay on that topic and not wander off into a generic beverages of the world discussion.

WineCountryUA
UA coModerator
Old Oct 13, 2015, 10:06 pm

Sorry about that ....
Old Oct 14, 2015, 1:15 am

Programs: UA-plat, HH-Diamond, Marriott-gold
Originally Posted by rflor
Was on UA 907 last night (ORD - FRA), and my flight attendant said there was an internal memo outlining a planned coffee change coming on November 1st.

This was after I rejected a second cup of the swill with breakfast (only drank the first for the caffeine fix).

I don't know how true this is, but she sounded confident when she spoke and commented on how much all the FAs are looking forward to it.
I hope so too!! It is why I just drink tea instead!!
Old Oct 14, 2015, 4:16 pm

Programs: UA Lifetime GS, SPG Gold
November 1 date not true

Originally Posted by rflor
Was on UA 907 last night (ORD - FRA), and my flight attendant said there was an internal memo outlining a planned coffee change coming on November 1st.

This was after I rejected a second cup of the swill with breakfast (only drank the first for the caffeine fix).

I don't know how true this is, but she sounded confident when she spoke and commented on how much all the FAs are looking forward to it.
I attended a preview of the new food offerings at Chelsea Kitchens at Newark Airport. The first thing we did was to have a blind coffee taste test. There were 3 choices, one of which was the current "coffee" offering. We had to rate the three offerings.
It was easy to determine the current one. We were then told that one of the other two would be the winner. The expected roll out date will be sometime early 2016.
Old Oct 14, 2015, 5:13 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by harry5198
I attended a preview of the new food offerings at Chelsea Kitchens at Newark Airport. The first thing we did was to have a blind coffee taste test. There were 3 choices, one of which was the current "coffee" offering. We had to rate the three offerings.
It was easy to determine the current one. We were then told that one of the other two would be the winner. The expected roll out date will be sometime early 2016.
So don't leave us hanging.

How were the other two brews?
Old Oct 14, 2015, 5:21 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott BonVoy LT Titanium Elite, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by transportprof
So don't leave us hanging.

How were the other two brews?
These were the only options on the survey

Old Oct 14, 2015, 5:46 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott LTPP, Hertz Five Star
Originally Posted by Sulley

(image)
Is that real?

Is this how the SMI/J era of "changes we'll like" came to be?
Old Oct 14, 2015, 7:44 pm
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
Originally Posted by phltraveler
Is that real?
Looks real to me

Obvious answer:

OTHER

COMMENTS: Worst "coffee" EVER
Old Oct 14, 2015, 7:48 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G, Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Avis PC
Originally Posted by Sulley

Reads like an interview from 'The Colbert Report' when Stephen would ask if something was good or great. Good memories for the TV show, not so much about a real-life airline survey
Old Oct 14, 2015, 8:03 pm
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
Originally Posted by PsiFighter37
Reads like an interview from 'The Colbert Report' when Stephen would ask if something was good or great.
You mean: Ronald Reagen, GREAT President or GREATEST President

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.