Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Happy July 4th!

Search this Thread

Old Jul 3, 2015, 7:46 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, DL Gold, IHG Diamond AMB, MR Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, National EE
Happy July 4th!

Wow, United is going all out this July 4th. Not only was the UC fully stocked with cheddar cheese cubes, they even organized this wonderful tarmac parade for us today during taxi! This level of customer service is truly overwhelming.

Old Jul 3, 2015, 8:39 pm

Programs: UA Plat, 2MM
That parade fulfills Smisek's promise: "We know you will like the changes". I have NEVER seen such a great parade before. Well done Jeff.
Old Jul 3, 2015, 8:43 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Owner, Green Bay Packers
Just one big party....

Old Jul 3, 2015, 8:48 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Gee, when I saw the title, I thought you were wishing me a Happy Anniversary...
Old Jul 3, 2015, 9:13 pm

Hah! The DOJ investigation is icing on the celebratory cake ^
Old Jul 4, 2015, 12:19 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist, DL Plat, UA Silver
"We expect to earn back those customers who took adetour, ... We are now running a reliable airline again" ~Jeff Smisek
Old Jul 4, 2015, 6:53 am

Programs: UA 1K
For those flying from about 6-10 pm local time, hope you get to see some fireworks tonight.
Old Jul 4, 2015, 8:53 am

Programs: UA 1MM *Alliance Gold
I'm celebrating a two hour delay SFO BOS. At least I can enjoy the giants game here in the sfo UC.
Old Jul 4, 2015, 3:50 pm

Programs: United Global Services, Amtrak Select Executive
Originally Posted by mherdeg
For those flying from about 6-10 pm local time, hope you get to see some fireworks tonight.
I never thought about that before, but it would be fantastic to do an RJ flight along the Northeast Corridor. I did PVD-IAD a few years ago, and the plane stayed at or below 10,000 feet for the entire flight. I was on the left side, and the flight path hugged the coastline over land; the views of all the coastal cities were amazing. I can only imagine how awesome that would have been at night during Fourth of July fireworks!
Old Jul 4, 2015, 7:31 pm

Programs: UA Silver, DL GM, Hertz 5*, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by physioprof
I never thought about that before, but it would be fantastic to do an RJ flight along the Northeast Corridor. I did PVD-IAD a few years ago, and the plane stayed at or below 10,000 feet for the entire flight. I was on the left side, and the flight path hugged the coastline over land; the views of all the coastal cities were amazing. I can only imagine how awesome that would have been at night during Fourth of July fireworks!
I had that experience flying BDL-PHL on 4th of July a few years ago. Me and my wife were the only two on the plane, the flight attendants gave us complimentary minis since we were the only ones on the plane, and the flight back down to Philly gave us a spectacular view of fireworks all along the coast.

I took some pictures, but they truly didn't capture how cool the experience was!
Old Jul 4, 2015, 8:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
Originally Posted by flash1129
I had that experience flying BDL-PHL on 4th of July a few years ago. Me and my wife were the only two on the plane, the flight attendants gave us complimentary minis since we were the only ones on the plane, and the flight back down to Philly gave us a spectacular view of fireworks all along the coast.

I took some pictures, but they truly didn't capture how cool the experience was!
Back when US was still in *A I flew PHL-STL on the 4th one year. Got to follow the fireworks across the Midwest and made it to STL right on time for the aerial tour of their downtown fireworks. Pretty cool experience.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.