Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Can I Access the NRT United Club Upon Arrival From EWR in Business Class?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 14, 2012, 8:09 pm
Original Poster

Programs: US, AA, UA, SPG, HHonors, PC

I have an upcoming award flight from EWR to NRT. It's in Business First which gives me access to the United lounge (and Star Alliance lounges). I know I can get into the lounge before my flight departs. Will I be able to get access to the lounge at NRT on my arrival? My sister's flight arrives about two hours after mine and I thought I could wait in the lounge until her plane lands.

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Mar 14, 2012 at 8:11 pm Reason: please ask the question in the thread title
Old Mar 14, 2012, 8:28 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Marriott Titanium,
I remember all the lounges (UC or ANA Lounge) are air side post security. Not sure if there are any lounges before security check points.
Old Mar 14, 2012, 8:28 pm

Programs: UA 1K/3MM, AA EXP/3MM, DL MM, former fan of TWA
I do not believe that you can... There might be a special Arrivals lounge for folks traveling in a (paid?) premium cabin, but I am not aware of it.

When international flights land at Narita, passengers are channeled to either an "arrival" area or a "connections" area. To get back to the area of the lounge, you would need to show a connecting flight, then re-clear security.

Now... I imagine that you might creatively come up with some printout showing a connecting flight and use that to get through the security screen, but then I do not think the United Club people would let you in without the onward boarding pass. The clubs are designed as departure clubs more than arrival clubs.

I'd head out into Narita Airport proper and find a restaurant and hang out for a bit if I were you.
Old Mar 14, 2012, 8:34 pm

all the clubs are by departure gates, when you arrive in NRT one can only gain access back airside with a connecting BP
Old Mar 14, 2012, 9:37 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

I would like to confirm what others are saying, you cannot access the club. There are a lot of restaurants on floors 4 and 5 of the central structure of terminal 1. There is also a Starbucks in the basement of the same terminal, right near the JR gates, you can't miss it. The Starbucks is a good meeting spot, by the way, if you don't want to wait by customs (she could come out either of two exits from customs although I believe there is a TV at each exit showing the people coming out of the other exit).

You will need to get Yen to buy anything. There are ATMs in the center building on the ground floor (arrivals level).
Old Mar 15, 2012, 6:38 am

Programs: AA EXP, AS 75K, TK Elite
There is ANA arrival lounge pre-security but you have to be either on NH premium cabin, an NH elite, or a *G connecting to domestic flight.

Forgot to mention that the observation deck is pretty awesome too. You can watch your sister's flight landing.

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Mar 15, 2012 at 7:34 am Reason: merge
Old Mar 15, 2012, 7:21 am
Original Poster

Programs: US, AA, UA, SPG, HHonors, PC
Thanks to everyone for the information. Guess I'll just hang out at a restaurant.
Old Mar 15, 2012, 8:33 am

Programs: AA EXP with lots of BA. UA 2MM Lifetime Plat - No longer chase hotel loyalty
Originally Posted by XStAnt
Thanks to everyone for the information. Guess I'll just hang out at a restaurant.
There is a bunch of restaurants and cafe/coffee places in the Central Building on the 4th floor. Arrivals area and the Rail station sub floor areas don't have a great selection. 4th Floor central building is a 3 min or less walk from arrivals - take an elevator up to the 4th floor. Some usual western suspects there and local chain/local restaurants. There also is a Uniqlo shop (great selection of clothing - BETTER than Gap or anything in the US all at Gap prices) along with a lot of other retail places - MORE of a selection than after passport control actually.

Check this out if you did want to use Shower's, etc:
http://www.narita-airport.jp/en/guid...svc_37.html#t1

I've used this before when same situation had to wait on coworkers coming in later
Old Jan 7, 2015, 10:41 am

Programs: UA GS 1MM
Originally Posted by MtRoot
There is ANA arrival lounge pre-security but you have to be either on NH premium cabin, an NH elite, or a *G connecting to domestic flight.
Anyone tried using this lounge when coming in on UA from U.S. and connecting to ANA domestic? ANA website says it's for ANA int'l arrivals only.
Old Jan 7, 2015, 3:05 pm

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by EAA795
Anyone tried using this lounge when coming in on UA from U.S. and connecting to ANA domestic? ANA website says it's for ANA int'l arrivals only.
It's been a couple of years but I was given access as a *G to one of the ANA lounges upon my UA arrival from SIN and connecting to a domestic ANA flight.

I can't tell from the maps but it was a small lounge right next to the domestic ANA check-in counter. This was past Intl arrivals customs/immigration but before domestic security and gate area.

Not entirely certain of the circumstances but I'm pretty sure I was granted access due to my departing ANA domestic flight rather than my International arrival.

Last edited by mrswirl; Jan 7, 2015 at 3:15 pm
Old Jan 7, 2015, 3:24 pm

Programs: UA, Bonvoy, Amex Plat
Related question: arriving at NRT in UA Global First and connecting to ANA J, I can only access the regular lounges, and not the UA or ANA F lounges, correct?
Old Jan 7, 2015, 3:57 pm

Programs: UA 1KMM
Originally Posted by zcat18
Related question: arriving at NRT in UA Global First and connecting to ANA J, I can only access the regular lounges, and not the UA or ANA F lounges, correct?
You will have UA GFL access at arrival and departure airports. But only because you are flying on UA metal in F.

You would have NH First Suites access if arriving in NH F.
Old Jan 7, 2015, 4:12 pm

Programs: UA, Bonvoy, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by ryman554
You will have UA GFL access at arrival and departure airports. But only because you are flying on UA metal in F.

You would have NH First Suites access if arriving in NH F.
Ah, terrific--didn't realize I'd have GFL access on arrival. This will be my first time flying F into NRT instead of J or Y. Thanks for the heads-up! ^
Old Jan 11, 2015, 7:46 pm

Can somebody confirm if there is a place to shower after arriving at NRT on a UA (award) flight from the US in business? Our party departs the following day on a mix of ANA/TG in business flights.

Thanks!
Old Jan 11, 2015, 8:26 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by milesunited
Can somebody confirm if there is a place to shower after arriving at NRT on a UA (award) flight from the US in business? Our party departs the following day on a mix of ANA/TG in business flights.

Thanks!
Nothing free but there is a pay-in lounge available in the terminal. Or just go to the hotel you're staying at as you'll arrive in the afternoon.

I suppose that you could, in theory, transit into the departures area, take a shower in the lounge and then go back out through immigration to wherever you're spending the night, but that seems like a waste of time and energy to me.]

If connecting onward on the same day as the arrival in NRT then showers in the NH or UA lounges would be available as a business class departure gets you into either lounge and a UA BF arrival also gets you in to the UA lounge, even if the onward connection is in economy (but no NH lounge access in that scenario).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.