Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

EWR Security line/PreCheck/Premier Access locations/wait times/issues [CONSOLIDATED]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

EWR Security line/PreCheck/Premier Access locations/wait times/issues [CONSOLIDATED]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 7, 2016, 11:46 am

Programs: UA 1K, IHG Spire Elite
I flew our of EWR Terminal C on Saturday @ 8:15pm. The only checkpoint open was C1 so there was no pre-check obviously but there was also no Premier line. Just one long line for everyone. Also there was no expedited screening for those who had pre-check. Certainly makes it hard to plan.
Old Jul 7, 2016, 11:50 am

I used to bring movies to watch on the plane. Now I bring them to watch in the security line.
Old Jul 9, 2016, 3:36 am

Programs: EK-IO, UA-1K2MM, ETIHAD-GOLD, SPG-PLAT LIFETIME, JUMEIRAH SERIUS GOLD
CLEAR is the best investment you can make if your flying out of the intentional terminal - no wait at all, ever, - Does anyone know if Clear also has a kiosk at the UA domestic terminal?? If so, then no wait at ll
Old Jul 9, 2016, 4:36 am

Programs: UA 1K / *G / Marriott PE / Expedia Gold+ / Hertz PC
This morning PreCheck had 3 lines open at 6:20am looked messy but was about 7-8 min long. Looked like a lot of people were in line for CUN/SJU but seemed to know the PreCheck process.
Old Jul 9, 2016, 8:34 am

Programs: Delta Platinum Medallion; IHG Platinum; Marriott Gold; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by chinatraderjmr
CLEAR is the best investment you can make if your flying out of the intentional terminal - no wait at all, ever, - Does anyone know if Clear also has a kiosk at the UA domestic terminal?? If so, then no wait at ll
I'm confused. This is a thread about Newark Airport and CLEAR isn't available there. To which international terminal are you referring? CLEAR isn't at any NY airport as far as I can see.
Old Jul 10, 2016, 7:43 pm

Originally Posted by nycityny
I'm confused. This is a thread about Newark Airport and CLEAR isn't available there. To which international terminal are you referring? CLEAR isn't at any NY airport as far as I can see.
Either I was drunk or responding to someone who brought up SFO (can't remember which so the answer must be I was drunk
Old Jul 10, 2016, 9:45 pm

Flew out of terminal C this past Friday around 5pm (7/8). All the queues went to the same place, but I was handed a TSA wait time card when I got on the line. Took about 12 minutes.
Old Jul 10, 2016, 9:57 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum Medallion; IHG Platinum; Marriott Gold; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by ferrarixp
Flew out of terminal C this past Friday around 5pm (7/8). All the queues went to the same place, but I was handed a TSA wait time card when I got on the line. Took about 12 minutes.
What is a TSA wait time card? What is its purpose?
Old Jul 10, 2016, 10:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by nycityny
What is a TSA wait time card? What is its purpose?
A card TSA may hand you at the entrance to the security line. To see how long the line is taking.
Old Jul 11, 2016, 4:07 pm

What time in the morning do the lines open?? I have a flight at 5:59am which scares me.
Old Jul 11, 2016, 5:42 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by chinatraderjmr
What time in the morning do the lines open?? I have a flight at 5:59am which scares me.
I think 3, but can't swear to it. I landed off a red eye this morning around 6 and the lines were quite short.
Old Jul 17, 2016, 12:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
A gates at EWR did NOT have full pre-check this afternoon. Only the stupid pre-check lite with the orange card.

Had to dig through my roller board to get out my liquid bag.

Apparently we cannot rely on EWR A gates have pre-check. Intermittent only.
Old Jul 17, 2016, 12:14 pm

Programs: UA GS 1.7MM, AA 2.1MM, EK, BA, SQ, CX, Marriot LT, Accor P
Originally Posted by goodeats21
A gates at EWR did NOT have full pre-check this afternoon. Only the stupid pre-check lite with the orange card.

Had to dig through my roller board to get out my liquid bag.

Apparently we cannot rely on EWR A gates have pre-check. Intermittent only.
IME The "A" gates have NEVER had true pre-check for me - and I used to fly out of there A LOT! I have always gotten only the Orange card - and the long line - like in my pic below...
Attached Images  
Old Jul 17, 2016, 12:19 pm

Programs: UA 1K/*G, Avis Pres, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by bmwe92fan
IME The "A" gates have NEVER had true pre-check for me - and I used to fly out of there A LOT! I have always gotten only the Orange card - and the long line - like in my pic below...
I flew out 2 weeks ago and the leftmost lane in A was actually an honest-to-goodness full Precheck Lane. It was amazing!!
Old Jul 17, 2016, 12:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Yes, I was used to EWR A only having the orange card. But the previous 2 times there was full blown pre-check. It was great.

Unfortunately, it appears that it is going to be hit-or-miss.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.