Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

EWR Security line/PreCheck/Premier Access locations/wait times/issues [CONSOLIDATED]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

EWR Security line/PreCheck/Premier Access locations/wait times/issues [CONSOLIDATED]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 6, 2019, 11:38 pm

Programs: UA MileagePlus dirt (former hard-way Silver); AS Mileage Plan MVP; Hilton Honors Silver
Originally Posted by FLLUAFlyer
Is C1 or C3 Precheck open? Are they any better than the C2 Precheck line at peak times (e.g. 5:00p on a Thursday)?
IST - I’m not entirely sure what you’re on about...UA does have Premier Access screening queues, however those are only designed to get you to the document check slightly faster. (And sometimes not even then, especially at hubs.) Premier Access doesn’t get you any special treatment in the screening process itself - for that, you’d need PreCheck, which isn’t UA’s to sell.
Old Jul 6, 2019, 11:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by Critic
IST - I’m not entirely sure what you’re on about...UA does have Premier Access screening queues, however those are only designed to get you to the document check slightly faster. (And sometimes not even then, especially at hubs.) Premier Access doesn’t get you any special treatment in the screening process itself - for that, you’d need PreCheck, which isn’t UA’s to sell.
During my last two visits, Premier Access and UnitedEconomy lanes were consolidated at the beginning, just after going down from the escalators at Level 3. Only Non-Pre-Check Global Services passengers had a dedicated lane but no separate lane for PremierAccess nor for Polaris Business. By the way, I'm not complaining that I'm not getting special treatment. I am complaining that with frequent flyer status and with a Business Class ticket, I am waiting 25-30 minutes for the document check and with the time that I've spent waiting to place my items to the trays and waiting for my bag to be searched, the whole process took 50 minutes.

As in the image below, the signs clearly indicate that Economy and Premier Access passengers use the same line for document check at EWR Terminal C. Sorry for the quality of the image. But over the white section that indicates TSAPre passengers to head left, it clearly writes that "Premier Access and Economy enter here". The Premier Access sign which the LCD's were posting was leading passengers to the Non-Pre-Check Global Services lane.

By the way, there were no K9 dogs inspecting passengers and baggage at that time which would require the consolidation of both lanes.

Old Jul 7, 2019, 7:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
No there are separate lines for Economy and Premier Access - this is just highlighting that neither are at the pre-check or GS pre-check (or even the lonely GS non pre-check) checkpoints, and are further down.

Then again, if you flew July 3-5, EWR was a cluster then. The pre-check lane was moved to a totally different spot, and the line was the longest i've ever seen it.
Old Jul 25, 2019, 9:34 pm
yrp

I'm connecting in EWR for the first time on Saturday, arrive in A connect to C.

When clearing security in C, is there a priority line for Polaris? Is this the Premier Access line or is it something else?

Edit: n/m I guess it is Premier Access. ISTFlyer's post above made it sound like Polaris was a separate line from Premier.

Last edited by yrp; Jul 25, 2019 at 9:46 pm
Old Jul 25, 2019, 10:33 pm

Programs: UA 1K/*G, Avis Pres, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by yrp
I'm connecting in EWR for the first time on Saturday, arrive in A connect to C.

When clearing security in C, is there a priority line for Polaris? Is this the Premier Access line or is it something else?

Edit: n/m I guess it is Premier Access. ISTFlyer's post above made it sound like Polaris was a separate line from Premier.
If you're connecting from United Express in terminal A to terminal C there's a bus that will take you between the two terminals, airside. No need to go through security again. Land at A, get on the bus at gate A28, and it'll drop you off at gate C70. Very easy to do.
Xyzzy and SteveHK like this.
Old Jul 26, 2019, 11:28 pm
yrp

Originally Posted by dmurphynj
If you're connecting from United Express in terminal A to terminal C there's a bus that will take you between the two terminals, airside. No need to go through security again. Land at A, get on the bus at gate A28, and it'll drop you off at gate C70. Very easy to do.
I'm arriving on Air Canada / SkyService so at the A1 gates. I gather there is no airside connection to the A2 section where the bus goes so I have to exit & reclear again somewhere. From this thread, sounds like the fastest is to take the Amtrain to C and clear there, vs reclearing security at A2 and taking the bus?
Old Jul 27, 2019, 6:41 am

Programs: UA GS (1MM), DL Gold, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Avis CC
Originally Posted by yrp
I'm arriving on Air Canada / SkyService so at the A1 gates. I gather there is no airside connection to the A2 section where the bus goes so I have to exit & reclear again somewhere. From this thread, sounds like the fastest is to take the Amtrain to C and clear there, vs reclearing security at A2 and taking the bus?
Definitely - take AirTrain to C and deal with it there. C is no prize, but I've generally not had to wait too long. A is a disaster regardless of privilege (Premier, PreCheck, etc).
Old Jul 27, 2019, 8:07 am
yrp

Originally Posted by SteveHK
Definitely - take AirTrain to C and deal with it there. C is no prize, but I've generally not had to wait too long. A is a disaster regardless of privilege (Premier, PreCheck, etc).
Awesome, thanks for the help all!
SteveHK likes this.
Old Dec 10, 2023, 7:44 pm

Premier Access security line at Terminal C

Does anyone have a recent update on the Premier Access Security line at Terminal C? Is it much faster than the general line? And how do the security staff verify status for Premier Access? Would showing my KrisFlyer Gold status (equivalent to Star Alliance Gold) suffice? My boarding pass may not reflect status as I only entered my United MileagePlus number which has no status.
Old Dec 10, 2023, 8:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United, American, Delta, Hyatt, Hilton, Hertz, Marriott
Originally Posted by ynwa28
Does anyone have a recent update on the Premier Access Security line at Terminal C? Is it much faster than the general line? And how do the security staff verify status for Premier Access? Would showing my KrisFlyer Gold status (equivalent to Star Alliance Gold) suffice? My boarding pass may not reflect status as I only entered my United MileagePlus number which has no status.
Which terminal C?
Old Dec 10, 2023, 11:04 pm

At EWR

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.