Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Update on Upgraded International Long-haul United Economy Dining [Eff 1-June 2015]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Update on Upgraded International Long-haul United Economy Dining [Eff 1-June 2015]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 15, 2015, 9:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Wow. This is a big deal for an airline that has done nothing except cut, cut, and cut.

I wonder what prompted this, and is there more to follow...

(cautiously) optimistic.
Old Apr 15, 2015, 9:44 am
Formerly known as CollegeFlyer

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA PLT, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hertz 5*
Wow. These are actually some good changes! Did UA think of this, or is it a copy of a competitor's change?

I wonder if the Y "multi courses" means 2 courses or 3 courses (i.e. is dessert separate or on the tray?).

Charging $ for the midflight snack is the only downside I see.
Old Apr 15, 2015, 9:46 am

Programs: UA Platinum
I love the last line saying they're "celebrating" by offering free Goose Island on "seven flights" out of Chicago.

I remember the days of free booze systemwide on several holidays.
Old Apr 15, 2015, 9:47 am

Programs: Million Miler, 1K - Basically spend a lot of time on planes
Update on Upgraded International Long-haul United Economy Dining

Good stuff
Old Apr 15, 2015, 9:54 am

Originally Posted by EsquireFlyer
Charging $ for the midflight snack is the only downside I see.
It is a downside, though I won't mind the missing midflight snack if the main meal is better.
Old Apr 15, 2015, 9:57 am

Programs: UA, AA, DL, Hertz, Avis, National, Hyatt, Hilton, SPG, Marriott
I'm starting to like Wednesdays at United! Slightly OT, but I was happy to see this little tidbit buried in the press release:

•Launched Goose Island Beer Company's award-winning Goose IPA this month on flights worldwide. To celebrate, today United and Goose Island will offer complimentary Goose IPA to customers on seven domestic flights departing Chicago O'Hare International Airport and on one flight from United's Houston hub to London.
Hopefully this is in addition to the 312, as the Goose IPA is another good beer pick.

Good news all around! ^
Old Apr 15, 2015, 10:09 am
Original Member

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, AA EXP, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat Amb
Originally Posted by Lori_Q
It's good to hear the Coach meals are being refreshed. Thanks for returning the complimentary beer & wine. I am looking forward to seeing the half-bottle selections.
Originally Posted by dogloverjb
Sounds good to me. Happy to see the complimentary beer and wine back. Meal descriptions sound good. Interested in seeing the prices and choices for the premium beverages and in hearing feedback once launched.
If it's the same as what they are serving on p.s. and Europe flights, they are $15.99 for 375ml. Hess Chardonnay and Meiomi Pinot Noir, although it looks like they also added Murphy-Goode Sauvignon Blanc and Wente Pinot Noir.

Now, do they really want to serve half bottles of spirits? That just seemed excessive.
Old Apr 15, 2015, 10:19 am

Programs: United 1K MM, Marriott Gold
Complimentary Beer and Wine

The feature is coming back, just not of the same quality as in its last incarnation.
Old Apr 15, 2015, 10:24 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium.;UA 1.5MM; UA Lifetime Gold (whoppee); DL Plat
Hot Damn! No more pasta with awful tasting meatballs!

Last edited by goalie; Apr 15, 2015 at 10:40 am Reason: edited offensive term
Old Apr 15, 2015, 10:31 am

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold
So now that there beer and wine is included again, will the Premier member drink chits be good for those half bottles?
Old Apr 15, 2015, 10:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA/AA/AS/B6/WN/ UA/HH/MR and more like 'em but most felicitously & importantly MUCCI
Originally Posted by scruffair
I love the last line saying they're "celebrating" by offering free Goose Island on "seven flights" out of Chicago.
Do they mean seven routes... or seven individual flights? If the latter, wow, how magnanimous. If they pick the seven flights with the lowest LFs they'll be out, what, one $20 case of beer.
Old Apr 15, 2015, 10:33 am

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by BearX220
Do they mean seven routes... or seven individual flights? If the latter, wow, what a gesture. If they pick seven flights with the lowest LFs they'll be out, what, a $20 case of beer.
At least they're not picking UX flights operated by E145s. Or are they?
Old Apr 15, 2015, 10:39 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Gold, mLife Platinum
This is a fantastic change. My parents are flying LAX-LHR just days after this goes live, so they are now very excited to enjoy this!
Old Apr 15, 2015, 10:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
Originally Posted by enviroian
Wow. This is a big deal for an airline that has done nothing except cut, cut, and cut.

We all should know by know that UA positive announcements are like a puzzle. We have to find the cuts.

I don't fly International long-haul economy, so I'm not familiar enough with the product to know the difference, but there's gotta be some take-away buried in here. There always is.
Old Apr 15, 2015, 10:54 am

Programs: UA 1MM 1K, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Explorist, status-free on AA, AS, B6, DL, WN, Amtrak, etc.
Great news. If it lives up to the advertised billing, I don't think I'll miss having to balance E+ on UA versus better food and free wine/beer but a 31-in. seat pitch on LH or another *A carrier.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.