Wiki Posts
Search

CPU vs R class requested upgrade

Search this Thread

Old Feb 23, 2015, 11:31 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, 1MM
CPU vs R class requested upgrade

So far for this year we have the misfortune of hitting horrible weather. We have been stuck in Boston on two different weekends, today we are now stuck in Dallas. Anyways, when we switched our flight for the next day, the CSR upgraded us both to F fare in first class (complementary). When I checked-in online, I remained in the F fare and my GF was downgraded to economy with a separate record locator. After calling the 1K desk, her reservation is now showing "R class requested". Is it better to keep it the way it stands or call back change her reservation to "CPU requested"? If not mistaken, "R" class is the fare using instruments for upgrades. I have never seen "R class requested" on my reservations before. The CSR says it is the highest priority for complementary upgrades that she can put into the reservations. I just don't want "R" class to never open up while the CPUs are being cleared.
Old Feb 23, 2015, 11:41 pm
mkr
Suspended

Location: Just outside Big D, or many other places in big metal tubes
Programs: WN Rpd.Rwrds, AA, was longtime CO very top Elite tier, Overentitled UA Lifetime 1K (since 2012)
Sounds weird. R is for instruments. Did you discuss with the agent using an instrument?
Old Feb 23, 2015, 11:50 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mkr
Sounds weird. R is for instruments. Did you discuss with the agent using an instrument?
Nope and I did not give my PIN to use any instruments
Old Feb 23, 2015, 11:57 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Shouldn't affect upgrade chances. Difference Between Upgrade Requested and R Class Requested.

Originally Posted by mkr
No. R is not for instruments only. All non-GS CPU's clear into R.
Old Feb 24, 2015, 12:52 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the link

Update: Called ORD based CSR and they put GF back into confirmed F. Its nice to know that some agents are still so nice and very helpful!
Old Feb 24, 2015, 1:01 am
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Since this was a individual case and has been resolved, probably best to close this out.

WineCountryUA
UA coModerator

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.