Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

How to book LH F awards? when available? issues? {Archive}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 6, 2024, 10:58 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
This is an archive thread, the active thread is How to book LH F awards? when available? issues?
Print Wikipost

How to book LH F awards? when available? issues? {Archive}

Search this Thread

Old May 13, 2015, 6:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA MM Plat; AA MM Gold; HHonors Diamond
Well, I PMd Westin at about 7 pm CDT last night (about 2 am in FRA I think) that a FC seat had opened up, but never got a response. Hope they nabbed it!
Old May 13, 2015, 7:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Bonehead
Well, I PMd Westin at about 7 pm CDT last night (about 2 am in FRA I think) that a FC seat had opened up, but never got a response. Hope they nabbed it!
Hope so as well. But come on LH, waiting until 8-9 hours before departure??
Old May 28, 2015, 7:59 am

Programs: UA 1MM 1K/AF Plat/Marriott Titanium/Hertz PC (who isn't?)/National Exec Elite/CFA Signature
F2 A2, O1 at some point?

Need two LH F seats for departure tomorrow night (Friday).
Overall light loads on the flight (e.g. I8)
Grabbed one seat when flight went from F4 A4 O0 to F4 A4 O1 yesterday (Wednesday). Obviously flight went F3 A3 O0 after I ticketed. Was hoping for another O seat to open today (Thursday), but woke up to F2 A2 O0.
Any hope of F2 A2 O1 closer to departure, or is there some kind of rule of thumb that they never release O space once they're down to two seats left? Or maybe no rhyme or reason?

Thanks for any insight!
Old May 28, 2015, 8:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Booked 2 F seats for a client on Saturday's FRA-MIA A380.
Flight was F7 and LH finally released seats at T-3.

Originally Posted by Gate45
Need two LH F seats for departure tomorrow night (Friday).
Overall light loads on the flight (e.g. I8)
Grabbed one seat when flight went from F4 A4 O0 to F4 A4 O1 yesterday (Wednesday). Obviously flight went F3 A3 O0 after I ticketed. Was hoping for another O seat to open today (Thursday), but woke up to F2 A2 O0.
Any hope of F2 A2 O1 closer to departure, or is there some kind of rule of thumb that they never release O space once they're down to two seats left? Or maybe no rhyme or reason?
Thanks for any insight!
A lot of it is indeed no rhyme or reason.
Also, depends on the route.
Old May 28, 2015, 8:16 am

Programs: UA 1MM 1K/AF Plat/Marriott Titanium/Hertz PC (who isn't?)/National Exec Elite/CFA Signature
Originally Posted by SFO777
Booked 2 F seats for a client on Saturday's FRA-MIA A380.
Flight was F7 and LH finally released seats at T-3.
A lot of it is indeed no rhyme or reason.
Also, depends on the route.
Thanks SFO777! Big fan of your site and trip reports btw.

That's kind of the question: do they do the one release between T-3 and T-2 and that's it (so in my case they released the one seat I grabbed and that will be it) or do they dynamically open more and more of the open seats for redemption as departure gets close. I guess we'll see, I'm refreshing the KVS mobile tool every 5 minutes and will report back if only for the data point to be available for others' benefit.
Old May 28, 2015, 8:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Gate45
Thanks SFO777! Big fan of your site and trip reports btw. That's kind of the question: do they do the one release between T-3 and T-2 and that's it (so in my case they released the one seat I grabbed and that will be it) or do they dynamically open more and more of the open seats for redemption as departure gets close. I guess we'll see, I'm refreshing the KVS mobile tool every 5 minutes and will report back if only for the data point to be available for others' benefit.
Thanks Gate45. Indeed, LH can release one at a time up to T-1. I would definitely keep checking.
But in reality, in many cases there really is "no rhyme or reason" to LH MR releasing award seats.
Old Jun 2, 2015, 8:41 am

Second O seat never came (but then again flight filled up in Y and J between T-48 and T-6 to the extent that they likely had to opup J to F).
Cancelled the one seat I had and flew UA F. What a joke of a first class it is.
Flew back in LH F yesterday, stunning as always.
Old Jun 26, 2015, 9:09 am

Programs: AA Gold, HH Gold
When I try to book an LH first class ticket for myself using miles, never happens. Just got DH on LH First for June 30, IAD-FRA. Maybe because he's more flexible and usually last minute travel.
Old Jun 26, 2015, 2:17 pm

According to a seatmate on my last UNITED Flight who SAID that he works for Lufthansa on Long Island, during our conversation he said that with the increased UNITED redemption levels to redeem for LH seats it has had the effect of lowering the demand for Lufthansa F and J seats somewhat significantly.

I did ask him if there were any hard rules I could rely on for finding Lufthansa F or J seats and he said that it is supposed to be dynamic based on load/demand and historical data for both based on time of year.

I do not know, all I know that with the new levels, I have absolutely no chance of ever redeeming for STAR ALLIANCE partners nor flying anywhere that UNITED does not fly directly on their metal.

Totally sucks, but it is what it is.
Old Jul 6, 2015, 5:15 pm

Programs: UA 1K since 1998 & 3 Million Miler & ex-GS; DL Diamond 2015-2022; BAEC Silver; Bonvoy LT Titanium
I booked two LH F award seats on LH462 (FRA-MIA). The travel date was July 5. After monitoring the UA website multiple times a day for the LH F award space, I finally saw the F award space appear on July 1. I grabbed two seats
Old Jul 6, 2015, 6:58 pm

Programs: UA General Member, AA Gold, SPG (Bonvoy) Gold; IHG Plat. Ambassador
I'm thinking of picking up an LH F ticket ORD to SIN via FRA tomorrow 7/7. How quickly will these ticket? Sorry for the newbie question, first time using UA miles on a partner...
Old Jul 6, 2015, 7:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by danhunterpost
I'm thinking of picking up an LH F ticket ORD to SIN via FRA tomorrow 7/7. How quickly will these ticket? Sorry for the newbie question, first time using UA miles on a partner...
Usually within 5 minutes. Go for it.
Old Jul 6, 2015, 7:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
Originally Posted by danhunterpost
will ticket as quickly as a UA flight. don't think twice, for that length of flight it beats the hell out of the UA ORD-NRT-SIN routine.
Old Jul 7, 2015, 2:04 pm

Programs: nada
I picked up a single seat IAH-FRA-HND for this week about 9 days prior to the flight. Booked online to avoid questions. Routing was somewhat out of spite do to issues I had with UA pricing my awards recently.
As others noted, ticketing was within 5-10 minutes.
Old Jul 14, 2015, 5:23 pm

Programs: UA 1K, National Car EE, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Platnium/Lifetime Silver
Picked up LH401 around 1AM Eastern 13JUL for travel 27JUL. Ticketing was about 5 minutes and then was able to call LH to assign seats. For some reason, I could not select seats on lufthansa.com

Last edited by NYC2TheWorld; Jul 14, 2015 at 5:24 pm Reason: Corrected Dates

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.