Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

How to book LH F awards? when available? issues? {Archive}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 6, 2024, 10:58 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
This is an archive thread, the active thread is How to book LH F awards? when available? issues?
Print Wikipost

How to book LH F awards? when available? issues? {Archive}

Search this Thread

Old Jul 16, 2015, 2:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by jmanirish
Yes, sorry good point - they will drive you to a terminal not the lounge itself. My point was only when flying XXX-FRA-USA, having the driver take you to terminal B is preferred.
Many would disagree and prefer to be dropped off at A, exit thru door A1 and walk the 3 minutes to the FCT, avoiding the unpleasantries of the labrynth that is FRA and thousands of other passengers.
Old Jul 16, 2015, 3:15 pm

Programs: UA Silver, AA Platinum, AS & DL GM Marriott TE, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
From there you will have to find your own way to the FCL.
Not always. Just this past December the Mrs and I were picked up, taken to passport control then put back in the car and taken to an air side elavator/ door for the terminal A (IIRC) FCL. Granted we did have a tight connection which turned into a long one because of a delayed outbound - that definitely could have had something to do with it.
Old Jul 16, 2015, 6:25 pm

You can check the flight status. Remote stands (apron positions) will typically say something like "ASO" or "ASW". Your outbound will arrive in terminal Z (although once I had an ex-USA-FRA flight arrive at C) and there's zero chance it'll be apron. On your return, since you have a stopover, I'm not sure if they'll pick you up (assuming your ATH-FRA lands at an apron) because you're only flying C that day. I could be mistaken though.[/QUOTE]

I just checked and you are right. I am arriving in terminal Z. Is there any reason other than proximity to chose FCL in A or B?
Old Jul 16, 2015, 7:22 pm

Originally Posted by Odyssey4
I just checked and you are right. I am arriving in terminal Z. Is there any reason other than proximity to chose FCL in A or B?
Great tarmac views. They are really as good, some thing better, then the FCT...the FCT just has that private air about it which is fun to experience at least once. You'll forget you are at an airport.
Old Jul 16, 2015, 7:31 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
You can check the flight status. Remote stands (apron positions) will typically say something like "ASO" or "ASW". Your outbound will arrive in terminal Z (although once I had an ex-USA-FRA flight arrive at C) and there's zero chance it'll be apron.
Yes, the flight status page on LH.com is a good place to check.

Arrival gates are often chosen based on the aircraft's nest destination rather than its origin and can vary from day to day. Hence LH419 from IAD arrived or is expected to arrive at B28 (twice), Z23, B23 and C15 on recent days.

On your return, since you have a stopover, I'm not sure if they'll pick you up (assuming your ATH-FRA lands at an apron) because you're only flying C that day. I could be mistaken though.
They won't pick you up when arriving from ATH since the F departure is on the following day.

Originally Posted by Madone59
Not always. Just this past December the Mrs and I were picked up, taken to passport control then put back in the car and taken to an air side elavator/ door for the terminal A (IIRC) FCL. Granted we did have a tight connection which turned into a long one because of a delayed outbound - that definitely could have had something to do with it.
It's almost certainly due to the tight connection.

Originally Posted by Odyssey4
Please see above. You cannot tell the arrival gate until a couple of days before departure and even then gate changes are very common. The FCL A is in Schengen and therefore better before your departure to ATH. The FCL B is non-Schengen and does not make sense if you are departing to ATH.

If your flight from IAD arrives at a B or a C gate, you will have to take the Skyline train to A and clear security as well as passport control but don't worry about the exact route. Following the signs for A gates should take you there. The entrance to the FCL A is almost discreetly hidden next to the Business Lounge entrance.
Old Jul 17, 2015, 12:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by tng11
Some of the hard to get routes (e.g. MIA-FRA, LAX-FRA and FRA-SIN) have been showing up available for partner redemption within T-3 to T-5. I've seen LAX-FRA available at T-4 with F3, which is almost unprecedented in my previous experience.
Amazingly, just booked two LAX-FRA First seats at T-10 into an F7 cabin.
Old Jul 17, 2015, 12:33 pm

Originally Posted by SFO777
UA miles not M&M?? Wow.
Old Jul 17, 2015, 12:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Madone59
UA miles not M&M?? Wow.
Yes, sort of. Aeroplan but it was also showing available on UA.com
Old Jul 17, 2015, 1:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
that is impressive
Old Jul 17, 2015, 3:28 pm

Yes, sort of. Aeroplan but it was also showing available on UA.com
What were the taxes/fees?

I've been watching SFO and have been surprised at the amount (or that there's any) space LH has been releasing. Not every day, but I grabbed a seat (only needed one) T-14 (F7) and was able to move it up a couple days to a preferred date T-5 (F3). No rhyme or reason, but unexpected.
Old Jul 17, 2015, 3:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by nemme99
What were the taxes/fees?
LAX-FRA-NCE: $488.20 and 62,500 Aeroplan points per person.
Old Jul 17, 2015, 3:51 pm

LAX-FRA-NCE: $488.20 and 62,500 Aeroplan points per person.
You should do a trip report . Seriously though, even with that YQ it isn't bad!
Old Jul 18, 2015, 8:40 am

Unicorns do exist. Is it on the earlier 388 flight or the later 74H?
Old Jul 18, 2015, 8:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by tng11
Unicorns do exist. Is it on the earlier 388 flight or the later 74H?
Indeed. The later 748i.
Old Jul 20, 2015, 10:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

This gets even better. Just booked a third First Class seat on the 7PM LAX-FRA 748i flight at T-5 (T-4 German time) into an F5 cabin.
Very encouraging to see that LH is opening up the cabin when they haven't sold seats, even from historically difficult award markets like LAX.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.