Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Have a Simple Question About United Airlines/MileagePlus? Ask Here [2015 Thread]...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 1, 2015, 3:42 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Welcome to this thread to ask your basic, simple questions about United Airlines, its operations, or the MileagePlus program. We know that the airline is complex and we’ve created this thread for new and veteran members to ask those basic questions about United Airlines that you think must have an easy answer but just can’t find it or aren’t sure where to look.

These are the two rules for this thread:
  1. Use this thread for a simple, basic question. Moderators may move posts to other threads if the question deserves its own thread.
  2. Any member who can post a constructive, patient answer is welcome to reply.

Additional tools for members seeking information about MileagePlus:

United MileagePlus Master Wiki

"New" United Airlines Forum Glossary

Here is a link to 2014's thread (now closed):

Have a Simple Question About United Airlines/MileagePlus? Ask Here [2014 Thread]
Print Wikipost

Have a Simple Question About United Airlines/MileagePlus? Ask Here [2015 Thread]...

Search this Thread

Old May 21, 2015, 7:53 am

Programs: UA 1K, DL Gold, IHG Diamond AMB, MR Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, National EE
Do the miles for re-booked flights take longer to post than normal? All of my miles/segments, etc. always post within 48 hours, but for some reason my last segment which was re-booked due to a missed connection has yet to post and it has been 48+ hours.
Old May 21, 2015, 11:31 am
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by TravelTheWorld66
Do the miles for re-booked flights take longer to post than normal? All of my miles/segments, etc. always post within 48 hours, but for some reason my last segment which was re-booked due to a missed connection has yet to post and it has been 48+ hours.
sometimes -- I would not worry until 72+ hours for UA operated a bit longer for partners.
Old May 21, 2015, 11:36 am

Programs: UA 1K, DL Gold, IHG Diamond AMB, MR Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, National EE
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
sometimes -- I would not worry until 72+ hours for UA operated a bit longer for partners.
Ok thanks. I'm eager to see how it posts. I originally booked N but was rebooked into Y. I have 28.5 segments right now so I really hope is posts as Y so I can get 1.5 PQS and qualify for Silver.
Old May 21, 2015, 1:31 pm

Hello all.

Im taking a UA flight from NYC to Las Vegas this June. This will be my last flight before becoming a premier member, so I wanted to make sure I planned this right. As you know, EWR to LAS is about 6 hrs gate-to-gate, and since no tablet can stream video for that long, I wanted to avoid the A320's (I also didn't want the 30 inches of legroom.) I avoided the 320's successfully, and chose the B737-800 both ways, in hopes for DirecTV. I was also given the option of the 737-900's, but declined as I read an article that said that there were some new Sky Interior 739's that did not have any entertainment.

My question is simple: Is their any chance the 737 will not have a setback TV? UA says that there are 5 planes without DirecTV installed, but aren't those planes reserved for Guam/Asia service? Thanks!
Old May 21, 2015, 2:12 pm
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
Originally Posted by NikoGoutakolis
My question is simple: Is their any chance the 737 will not have a setback TV?
Yes.

Lots of discussion in thread posted below, including entertainment.

And don't forget about last minute subs

EDITED TO ADD: eliminated wrong thread, see post below.

Last edited by EmailKid; May 21, 2015 at 3:21 pm Reason: eliminated wrong thread
Old May 21, 2015, 3:16 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by EmailKid
Yes.

Lots of discussion in thread about fleet updates including entertainment.

And don't forget about last minute subs
This may have been the thread you were thinking about
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...5-edition.html

and

https://sites.google.com/site/united...fleet-tracking
To the OPs question, there are 5 out of 122 738s used for North American service w/o DirecTV and another 8 w/o DirecTV used for Guam service.

Originally Posted by NikoGoutakolis
.... since no tablet can stream video for that long, ....
10 Tablets with the Longest Battery Life

Last edited by WineCountryUA; May 21, 2015 at 3:28 pm Reason: tablet link
Old May 21, 2015, 3:20 pm

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
This may have been the thread you were thinking about
OOOPS, not sure how that happened

Post edited.

Thanks for catching that ^
Old May 22, 2015, 2:44 am

Location: Catania, Sicily/South Jersey (PHL)/Houston, Texas/Red Stick/airborne in-between
Programs: United Global Svs, AA PlatPro, WN RR, AZ/ITA Freccia, Hilton Diam, Bonvoy Gold, Hertz Prez, IHG
new challenge for me:

I was trying to buy a ticket an upgrade and on the payment screen it is defaulting to Guam on the address so it will not take the mainland US zipcode from billing and thus will not let me pay. The upgrade is for someone I have flying NRT-GUM then GUM-HNL; the upgrade itself is for the GUM-HNL section and I presume why it is defaulting to Guam on the address.

Anyway around this? I cannot find one.
Old May 22, 2015, 7:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by FlyingHoustonian
new challenge for me:

I was trying to buy a ticket an upgrade and on the payment screen it is defaulting to Guam on the address so it will not take the mainland US zipcode from billing and thus will not let me pay. The upgrade is for someone I have flying NRT-GUM then GUM-HNL; the upgrade itself is for the GUM-HNL section and I presume why it is defaulting to Guam on the address.
Paypal, or pay with cash - are those options?
Old May 23, 2015, 2:53 am

Location: Catania, Sicily/South Jersey (PHL)/Houston, Texas/Red Stick/airborne in-between
Programs: United Global Svs, AA PlatPro, WN RR, AZ/ITA Freccia, Hilton Diam, Bonvoy Gold, Hertz Prez, IHG
Originally Posted by aacharya
Paypal, or pay with cash - are those options?
No those were not available it defaulted to CC and not where I could choose what was on file (I was logged into my account). It wanted the details entered manually but had Guam as the state without an option to change thus the zipcode would not check. Oddly I rebooted computer and tried several more times, reclogged in from another computer and still no go.

Finally this afternoon via a different internet access point the normal screen came up with my normal CCs on file to choose from.

'Twas odd but finally resolved.Thanks
Old May 23, 2015, 5:26 am
cur

Programs: fwp blood diamond, dykwia uranium
same flight no, different equipment

hola

i booked a 3 segment trip with the intent to get my 4 ua segments for status.

at the time of booking each segment had different flt numbers (eg) ua 111, ua 222, ua 333

today i checked in and i see the middle leg has the same flight number as the first, so my journey is now ua 111, ua 111, and then ua 333. the second ua 111 is on different equipment.

so for the purpose of EQM distance: would this count count the total distance traveled or "direct" route?
and for the purpose of the 4 UA flight minimum: would this trip count as 3 or 2 united segments?
Old May 23, 2015, 6:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
If shown as different segments you are fine. Full PQMs and PQS.
Old May 23, 2015, 6:02 am
cur

Programs: fwp blood diamond, dykwia uranium
Originally Posted by aacharya
If shown as different segments you are fine. Full PQMs and PQS.
thanks! i'll report back if otherwise (promise)
Old May 23, 2015, 10:28 am

Originally Posted by cur
thanks! i'll report back if otherwise (promise)
In that case we don't expect to hear from you
Old May 24, 2015, 1:52 am

Programs: UA 1K / *G / Marriott PE / Expedia Gold+ / Hertz PC
I know I'll get slippers SFO-NRT-SFO but what about NRT-SIN-NRT? (Trying to figure out how many pairs to swipe from the hotel right now/pack)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.